Sign in to follow this  
Maaddeey

Hundred one ways to enjoy Islii (Eastleigh)

Malika   

^ I think things are changing now in Somalia - I know a few people that have gone back to work. Insha'allah, when the time is right - some of us will also venture out there.

Nuune, geesii nimadii aan kuguu ogah medeey? No need for metal detector - jinnkagii uu diir to check him out...lol

nuune   

^^ waayadan jimankii waan isku kacsanahey, at least for this month, meel ay ii direen maalin dhaweed baan diidey, waan isku xanaaqney, and I won't go to them until they apologize to me, so I am not counting on them for this month, when this month finishes, they will be normal as their anger only last 3 weeks.

tutu   

Malika, that was unbecoming. A grand assumption there sis. I have nothing but love for our brothers across the border. Wasonjo is a term that's loosely used for all somalis despite their origin, but there you went with your sharp bilaawe (mindi), decrying my insensitivity to our wasonjo brothers across the border, and according me amorals I do not poses. Unfit, I say. Had I used words like 'walendos' (depending on the context used), then you would have had the right to term it as condenscending, but, still, as you'd probably know, in Swahili the word mlendo do not have any negative connotations, but rather the linguistic use of the word by Sujuis accorded the word with such traits.

Anyway I used to enjoy Eastleigh during my heydays in Nai and went there on off-days (madaama ey tahay laga maarmaan)but hardly got out of the car beyond 12th street (Maskan wa crew wetu) due to personal nature. I am least outgoing and shun chaotic social settings as Easleigh portrays. Not mentioning the dust or mud depending on the weather.

Haye Malika waxaan jeclahay mid 'msonjo' ah ayaad ku qabatay, tha's why aad markiiba mindida oo lasoo baxayso:) Tulia sis, I am least hateful.

Nuunow maxaa tiri. Jinni gafuur taagiisa waa 3 weeks aa? Waa layaab. I guess you need to pay a visit to the remnants of Sheikh Abdikadir Jeylani's followers. You truly need Jinni saar.

tutu   

Hehe, ahsante kaka. Naona una uzoefu la kutosha kuishi na wao paka utaratibu wa kukaribisha ni style yao:) Nahisi nilivyo dhani hapo awali ni ya ukweli...usha ozwa na mmoja wao ama uwadandia dinga lake papa hapa. Warka sheeg Malika!

Somalia   

Maaddeey;799377 wrote:
^Somalia, you are welcome!, I know that is reer bari's way of complimenting things!
:D

MMA, waa mahadsantahay, widaayoow, sponges-ka wasaqda si fiican ma u goynaayo, weliba biyaha Nbi qafiif xareed camal waaye, wax adag aa anfacaayo. Sidaan gloves-kaan uga bartay my favorite dukaan PRIMARK aadaan uga helay.

Sxb, biibitada sambuuska ii tilmaan.

I am reer Mudug sxb, so that was a nice way of complimenting.

tutu   

Maaddeey;799883 wrote:
tutu thank you for ur input, I am told the entry to National park more expensive than you stated, they cut the price?

Last time I visited was couple of years ago. We did pay peanuts if my memory serves me right (couple of thousands or so and we were several guys) but have no idea about non-local's price. Probably three times higher. That's why I recommend you get a kenyan ID from your friends. They can hardly distinguish somalis, and barely look at the ID.

Have a good time there!

Maaddeey;795140 wrote:
^Ushriko uu ku yaallaa,wax yar ayuuMasjidka Al-Hidaaya u jiraa.

photo0883.jpg

Alaabtaan adaankuugu talagay!

Hoteelkaan quraacdaan ayee bixiyaan haddaa one of their suites seexatid.

2heijya.jpg

They provide free WiFi as well.

Carafaat   

So you woke up this morning in your hotel had some suqaar and moos in local restaurant, bought and watched some Hindu movies? what is your plan for the rest of the day?

BOB   

Maaddeey;800330 wrote:
photo1024q.jpg

I was indoors the last three days except for Alaabtaan at night!

Abaa alaabtaan maxaa waaye? Calooleey meesha malaga helaa? Alaabtaas aan u xiisay. South Africa aa iigu dambeesay.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Maaddeey   

BOB, Alaabtaas Muufo waaye, dotcom meeshaan eh aan ka muufeystaa!.

Khalid, 2008-kii ilaa hadda maxaad ku maqneyd?, welcome back.

Carafaad, I was planning to go to one of this African embassies to get a Visa,but when I came home I saw this movie playing and decided to watch it instead.

MV5BMTQ5NDMxMjA5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzA3

Ps.I did not rent it, it plays on Max att he Dtstv.

tutu;799882 wrote:
^^ Right, thought you were alluding to that one.

By the way, guys, Lavington is not in Westlands as described above. Lavington runs parallel to Karen (behind Kileleshwa if you approach from Westlands via River side), and is quite far from Eastleigh compared to Westlands that's nearer to Eastleigh, right after Parklands (approching from eastleigh).

You are very well versed with Nairobi. Lavington is indeed a bit far from Eastleigh....But one can get there quite fast as well...of course depending on the route...i personally came from eastleigh thru westlands, karibu na Parklands, then cross Waiyaki way (via musuem hill i think) dash past aboretum drive and head straight thru kileleshwa police/primary school, and Bam! i was right in Lavington. ama?- but its been like ages since i was in Nairobi.