Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

What lessons has life taught you ? / your life 'philosophy'

- Don't live your life worrying about other people or how they think/regard/perceive you. You will truly lose out if this is how you think or live. Worry only about how Allah (SWT) the almighty thinks of you and that shall suffice.

- There will be people in life who you don't get on with, people who don't and won't like you. Sod them, let them be what they are to you (nobodies) and proceed with your actions in such situations as though they were not there.

- Talk to & engage strangers! on the bus/tube/plane, in the store/library/airport, at work/college/university etc. Its fun, adventurous and it will open up new doors for you. Just try it, next time you are at a bus-stop or catching the tube start up a conversation with a random person. The other day I got talking to this commuter and i've not laughed so hard in recent times :D

Life.............well it has taught me to smile everyday no matter what! its free....just kick it, after all, we are here only for a limited period. So enjoy it.

destroy your enemies and totally crush them. to come second means to lose. win and win totally by any means necessary.

hate is dangerous becos it consumes you more than that which you hate, forgive but not forget and move on.....until you can get your revenge,then destroy your enemy and forever reign supreme.

you cant be the best at everything but with a cloak of mystery, self-importance, selective charisma and the art of timing, you can convince up to 95% of people your better than them, the other 5% will be attracted to you through your reputation gained.

do threads like these serve any purpose horta?

1. You have very few friends in this world: Em " Friends are people that you think are your friends, But they really your enemies, with secret identities and disguises, to hide their true colors" that said.....

2. Don't burn bridges with key people, you may need these lames that you could care less about.

3. I didn't give a sh!t about Somali politics growing up, noticed all the politicking between the men in my family during my undergrad. Your sub-clan is everything (ask NG about this)

4. Stay away from the fundamentalists, the extremists in Islam

5. Don't share your/family success with others

Malika   

^Indeed...Life/Living is not a rehearsal - so live, go live...as time does not stand still for no man/woman.

Learned that sometimes life throws stuff at you. If you can change the condition you find yourself in do so if not accept and be content [talking about illness, diseases etc]

I haven't lived that long (21 years and counting), but I've come to the conclusion that I've spent far too much time appeasing others. I would be teased for being the recluse kid who preferred to spend time alone than with others. I've actually embraced my introverted self and am no longer ashamed to hide it. Strangely enough, this change in thought has made me more approachable and outgoing than before (still not enough according to friends).

So to the individualists out there, keep your head up. Don't let society's new found obsession with group think deter you from enjoying your alone time.

Tallaabo   

You all are talking about the trivialities of life and forgetting the main issue. Here it is just to remind you: Life is a test which will one day come to an end, so try to get the best out of it in order to be successful on the Day of Judgment.

guerilla   

That 'money doesn't talk, it swears'

Can't get a decent job no matter how many doors I knock down

Sex is overrated

Johnny Cash should've been my dad.

All in all I've learnt nothing but how to better handle disappointment.

omar12   

I learned that life is actually quite long and that odds are you will most likely live to be over 60. So take care of your health because no matter

how much money you have it'll mean nothing if your in sick in the hospital.