Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

Exchange your efforts for Allah's reward

Originally posted by Kimiya:

Salaams,

You guys might be interested in
. Haneefaay, are you signed up?

Great topic. Please continue. Jizaakum Allah.
smile.gif

Many thanks to Kimiya. I found it to be quite a useful site. Got my first email from them yesterday...Maashaa Allaah!

Kheyr Allaha ku siiyo!

Ameen   

Femme is it because the weekly hadeeths are short and straight to the point? lol

Well anyways...I see nobody wants to share a verse from the Quran that they have read today.

And Allah knows best

Blessed   

Salaams on this lovely Friday night.

Haneefah, Xiin Xirsi :D and Femme.

Wa iyaakum. How about listing the lessons for each hadith or verse every week?

Coincidently, this weeks verse from Muhammad Shareef relates to the issue raised by sister Cambarro :

[Quran]

{Do you think that We created you in vain, and that you would

not be returning to Us?} 23:115

[Lessons from this verse]

What's your purpose in life? We know the 'right' answer, but for what purpose are we spending our days and hours? Renew your intentions now, renew your purpose in life, and move towards it,

today and everyday, until you return to your Creator.

Aisha

Surah Ikhlaas is a wonderful surah because it describes the Attributes of Allah. With regards to those who love this surah, Al-Bukhari reported from `Amrah bint `Abdur-Rahman, who used to stay in the apartment of `A'ishah, the wife of the Prophet , that `A'ishah said, "The Prophet sent a man as the commander of a war expedition and he used to lead his companions in prayer with recitation (of the Qur'an). And he would complete his recitation with the recitation of `Say: He is Allah, One.' So when they returned they mentioned that to the Prophet and he said,

«سَلُوهُ لِأَيِّ شَيْءٍ يَصْنَعُ ذَلِكَ؟»

(Ask him why does he do that.) So they asked him and he said, `Because it is the description of Ar-Rahman and I love to recite it. So the Prophet said,

«أَخْبِرُوهُ أَنَّ اللهَ تَعَالَى يُحِبُّه»

(Inform him that Allah the Most High loves him.)'' smile.gif

Haneefah

I feel it in my fingers sister. Jizaak Allah for the reminder, it’s so easy to take your loved ones for granted. Anyways, I'm not a person of loving expressions but surely you know that I love you and me amiga Bonita *waves*. May Allah unite us in jannah smile.gif

Ameen

Ameen to your ducaa. As for your last comment...

Today, I’ve read surat Al-Kahf which I try to read each Friday as it has been reported that doing so will illuminate you with light until the next Friday. It is also reported that memorizing the first 10 ayats of this surah will also protect you from dajjal. I love the qisas of the Quraan and the way they are presented. There are several stories in this surah. Can you guess how many?

I’m just reading its Tafsiir , which I haven’t done before.

Ameen   

Kimiya thanks sister for posting the link to the tafseers.

As for your question, Im not exactly sure how many stories are mentioned in Surah Al-Kahf from the top of my head but I can recall four stories and if there are more than I need to re-read the Surah and if Im right than I need to re-read the Surah.

Now my question now,

where are the hadeeths and verses that yall are suppose to post? I mean, Im here to learn for each and everyone of you but two days of absence can cause a set back for me. So keep them coming

smile.gif

And Allah knows best

Aisha   

^^Your right, 2 days with no hadiths posted is a long time!

I came across this Ayah and found the meaning in Tafsir ibn Kathir:

You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind; you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (all that Islam has ordained) and you forbid Al-Munkar (all that Islam has forbidden), and you believe in Allah. And had the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) believed, it would have been better for them; amoung them are some who have faith, but most of them are Fasiqun (rebellious). [3:110]

Allah states that the Ummah of Muhammad (pbuh) is the best nation ever. The meaning of the ayah is that Muhammads ummah is the most rightous and beneficial nation for mankind. Hence Allah's description of them :

you enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and you forbid Al-Munkar and you believe in Allah. [3:110]

The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:

"You are the final of seventy nations, you are the best and most honored among them to Allah."

This is a well knwon hadith about which At-Tirmidhi said "Hasan".The Ummah of Muhammad achieved this virtue because of it's prophet (pbuh), the most regared of Allah's creation and the most honored messenger with Allah.

There are so many other hadiths that talk about the virtues of this ummah.

Will be back soon with some more 'stuff' inshaallah.......

Ameen   

Aisha sister I wanna thank you and may Allah reward you for your efforts. I read every line that is posted in regards to this thread and each and every post has its benefits. May Allah make us among those who are admitted to His Mercy and adhere to what He loves.

And Allah knows best

Ms DD   

Salaam Aleykum all

Aisha that is a subect that i wanted to raise. How to balance "enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and you forbidding Al-Munkar". Many people jump on people's throat by saying 'who are you to judge' when you try to enjoin the good and forbid the evil.

Anyhow this is today's hadith:

From Anas : Rasulullah saw said : "By Him in whose hand is my soul, a servant (of Allah) does not believe (truly) until he likes for his brother what he likes for himself ". ( Bukhari, Muslim )

This is a very important hadith as it warns against selfishness and jealousy - selfishness in that we want to keep things for ourself both material and spiritual and jealousy when our brother gets somethings good be it material or spiritual and we moan or complain or criticise because we are jealous.

This applies to not just Family brothers and sisters but brothers and sisters of the Ummah - even those we do not know we should love for the sake of Allah swt as we love our family also and want the best for them.

I think that this is quite a hard thing to achieve in this day and age when society is very self-focused and competitive at times.

Allah knows Best.

Ameen   

Aisha as for the verse you have presented and the hadeeth which supports it, I am thankful to Allah to live among this ummah. Indeed it is true that Allah has favored this ummah over all the other nations which leads me to share today’s hadeeth.

Narrated Abu Sa’id Al-Khudri (may Allah have mercy on him) that the Allah’s Messenger (saw) said, Nuh will called on the Cay of Resurrection and he will say, “Labbaik and Sa’daik (I respond to Your Call and I am obedient to Your orders) O my Lord! Allah will say, “Did you convey Our Message of Islamic Monotheism?” Nuh will say, “Yes”. His nation will be asked, “Did he convey Our Message of Islamic Monotheism to you?” They will say, “No warner came to us”. (Side note: look how evil the people of Nuh are and how they denied their messenger even after he preached to them for 950 years both day and night, in public and in private) Than Allah will say (to Nuh) “Who will bear witness in your favor?” He (Nuh) will say, “Muhammad (saw) and His followers”. So they (this ummah) will testify that he conveyed the Message and the Messenger (Muhammad saw) will be a witness over you (this ummah) and that is what is meant by the verse in Surah Baqarah (v.143) “We made you (true Muslims) a just (and the best) nation that you can be witnesses over mankind and the Messenger (Muhammad saw) will be a witness over you” This hadeeth was reported in Bukhari.

This hadeeth illustrates that fact that Allah has raised our status to a level that we will be witnesses over all of mankind. How you may ask? That is easy since Allah has provided us with the complete and best of all of the divine text (The Quran). Since the Quran has the stories of the Prophets and their situation with their people, the Quran will be our means of evidence against those whom we will testify against and the Messenger (our beloved Muhammad saw) will be sufficient to be a witness against us.

Cambarro it is not surprising to see someone get “jumped” after making a statement of someone else’s action even tho that action be displeasing to Allah. Common statements that are said are, “why do you care? That’s between him and His Lord? Allah is her judge and you have no say in the matter” and so many more statements that I simply do not have the time to share but you get my point. As for “why do I care?” well since he is my brother in Islam and the Prophet (saw) has commanded us that we love each other, than I simply want to keep him away from that which is bad and help him towards the good. As for “that’s between him and His Lord” well that’s true. At the same time if we have any knowledge of our history we would realize that Umar ibn Al-Khataab judged his people based on their actions and not just their intentions.

And Allah knows best

Khalaf   

Originally posted by *Aisha*:

"You are the final of seventy nations, you are the best and most honored among them to Allah."

salaam sister Aisha, i didnt know that, "seventy nations" of mankind? never heard it before :confused: Allah knows best

Ameen bro hard to say my favorite sura, i like the meccan suras they deal with iman. .....

A Bedouin came one day to the Prophet and said to him, 'O, Messenger of Allah! I've come to ask you a few questions about the affairs of this Life and the Here After.'

- Ask what you wish.

Q: I'd like to be the most learned of men.

A: Fear Allah, and you will be the most learned of men.

this is very true walaa, when u fear Allah u watch what u say and do, its heavy burden on your shoulders i think.

Q: I wish to be the richest man in the world.

A: Be contented, and you will be the richest man in the world.

Q: I'd like to be the most just man.

A: Desire for others what you desire for yourself, and you will be the most just of men.

Q: I want to be the best of men.

A: Do good to others and you will be the best of men.

Q: I wish to be the most favored by Allah.

A: Engage much in Allah's praise, and you will be most favored by Him.

Q: I'd like to complete my faith.

A: If you have good manners you will complete your faith

Q: I wish to be among those who do good.

A: Adore Allah as if you see Him. If you don 't see Him, He seeth you. In this way you will be among those who do good.

Q: I wish to be obedient to Allah.

A: If you observe Allah's commands you will be obedient.

Q: I'd like to be free from all sins.

A: Bathe yourself from impurities and you will be free from all sins.

Q: I'd like to be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

A: Don't wrong yourself or any other creature, and you will be raised on the Day of Judgement in the light.

Q: I'd like Allah to bestow His mercy on me.

A: If you have mercy on yourself and others, Allah will grant you mercy on the Day of Judgement.

Q: I'd like my sins to be very few.

A: If you seek the forgiveness Allah as much as you can, your sins will be very few.

Q: I'd like to be the most honorable man.

A: If you do not complain to any fellow creature, you will be the most honorable of men.

Q: I'd like to be the strongest of men.

A: If you put your trust in Allah, you will be the strongest of men.

Q: I'd like to enlarge my provision.

A: If you keep yourself pure, Allah will enlarge your provision.

Q: I'd like to be loved by Allah and His messenger.

A: If you love what Allah and Him messenger love, you will be among their beloved ones.

Q: I wish to be safe from Allah's wrath on the Day of Judgement.

A: If you do not loose your temper with any of your fellow creatures, you will be safe from the wrath of Allah on the Day of Judgement.

Q: I'd like my prayers to be responded.

A: If you avoid forbidden actions, your prayers will he responded.

Q: I'd like Allah not to disgrace me on the Day of Judgement.

A: If you guard your chastity, Allah will not disgrace you on the Day of Judgement.

Q: I'd like Allah to provide me with a protective covering on the Day of Judgement.

A: Do not uncover your fellow creatures faults, and Allah will provide you with a covering protection on the Day of Judgement.

Q: What will save me from sins?

A: Tears, humility and illness.

Q: What are the best deeds in the eyes of Allah?

A: Gentle manners, modesty and patience.

Q: What are the worst evils in the eyes of Allah?

A: Hot temper and miserliness.

Q: What assuages the wrath of Allah in this life and in the Hereafter?

A: Concealed charity and kindness to relatives.

Q: What extinguishes hell's fires on the Day of Judgement?

A: Patience in adversity and misfortunes.

And Allah knows best....

Ameen   

Khalaf the Surahs that were revealed in Mecca during the early stages covered more in regards to Eman while the Surahs that were revealed in Medinah were more Laws that had to be obeyed, so I understand why you prefer the Meccan surahs ;) .

But I enjoyed reading the hadeeth that you have shared so may Allah reward for you efforts.

And Allah knows best

Aisha   

originally posted by me:

Salams Khalaf.......I've never heard of that hadith too! Sorry, I forgot to post with it who narrated it!

According to Tafsir ibn Kathir, Ahmad, At-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah and Al- Hakim recorded that Hakim bin Mu'awiyah bin Haydah narrated that his father said that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said the above hadith.

At-Tirmidhi said it's "Hasan". I think "Hasan" is one level below "shahih". Something like that, I'm not sure maybe someone else knows what "hasan" means.......Allahu Alam!

By the way Khalaf nice hadith! I really enjoyed reading that. How beautifully Muhammad (pbuh) answered the Bedouins questions, full of wisdom mashallah!

originally posted by Ameen:

Aisha sister I wanna thank you and may Allah reward you for your efforts.

No need to thank me brother Ameen, i have alot of free time on my hands!lol Not for long though.....uni starts next week so my presence here may cease!

Ms DD   

Salaam aleykum

Nu'man b. Bashir r.a. said that Rasulullah s.a.w said : "What is lawful is clear and what is unlawful is (also) clear. But between the two are doubtful matters of which many people do not know. He who protects himself from doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his faith and honour. But he who falls into doubtful matters is like a shepherd who grazes (his sheep) around a sanctuary, and (liable) to graze therein. Surely, every King has a sanctuary. Surely, the sanctuary of Allah swt is his prohibitions. Surely, in the body is a piece of flesh, and if it is sound, the whole body is sound; and if it is damaged, the body is deseased. Surely, it is the heart. (Bukhari, Muslim )

I think this is pretty self-explanatory, so true and very beautiful.

Ms DD   

Salaam

I was listening to an Islamic lecture the other day and surah fatiha was the subject:

Revelation - It was revealed in Mecca as stated by ibn Abbas and other. It is also claimed that it was revealed in Madeenah as stated by Abu Hurayrah and others. It is also said that it was revealed on two separate occasions أ¢â‚¬â€œ once in Mecca and once in Madeenah. However the first opinion is the most likely due to His saying. Because of the Verse in the Qurأ¢â‚¬â„¢aan: "We have sent to you the Seven Oft Repeated Verses." [soorah Al-Hijr (15): 87] This verse was revealed in Mecca by agreement. .

Soorah Al-Fatihah Revealed only to Prophet Muhammad. [2] Narrated Ibn Abbaas (radiyallahu anhu): “While the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alahi wa-sallam) was sitting with Jibreel (alaihi as-salaam), he heard a creaking sound above him. Jibreel looked up and said, "This is [the sound of] a gate that has been opened in heaven today and has never been previously opened." Then an Angel descended through it and came to the Prophet (sallallahu alahi wa-sallam) and said, "rejoice in the good news of two lights that have been given to you such as no prophet before you has been given. [They are] Surah al-Faatihah and the concluding [two] verses of Soorah al-Baqarah. You will never recite a word from them without being given the blessings they contain." [An-Nisaee and al-Haakim]

Kashafa   

Beautiful thread, mashallah. Post'em up: ayahs, hadeeths, athars, thoughts and all.

Ibn 'Abbas reports that the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, "No good deeds done on other days are superior to those done on these days [meaning the ten days of Dhul-Hijjah]." The companions asked, "O Messenger of Allaah, not even jihad in the way of Allaah?" He said, "
Not even jihad, except for the man who puts his life and wealth in danger [for Allaah's sake] and returns with neither of them
." [This is related by the group except Muslim and an-Nasa'i]

As the hadith states, there is no greater season and no better time for doing good deeds than the 10 days of Dhul Hijjah. Even regular Jihad doesn't measure up.

Except.

He who goes forth in Allah's Cause with his life and wealth and doesn't return with either of them.

Duration of the battles of Idaale, Daynuunay, and Bandiiradlay = the 10 days of Dhul Hijjah, 1427.

Ajar-galore. Imagine combining between the most ajar-ful honourable deed and doing it during the best days on Earth ?

Allahu Akbar. Falaa naamat acyunul jubanaa.