Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

Exchange your efforts for Allah's reward

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

I had this idea for awhile and I thought to myself why not bring it up now.

Since we are all brothers and sisters in Islam, why don’t we help each other in improving our eman and increasing our knowledge. Here is my proposal. Let anyone who is able to find the time to share a hadeeth or a verse from the Quran, share it. Explain briefly why you felt it was important to share that hadeeth or verse. It just may be that if you take the time to share a hadeeth or a verse and someone else comes across the text and implements it in their lives, it just maybe that on the Day of Recompense, you may find a mountain full of good deeds you had no knowledge of for your efforts. So let everyone strive to improve their account in the hereafter and may Allah make us successful.

Since I am in need of all the good deeds I can acquire, I will start it off and I would like to share a hadeeth from the prophet (saw) that was reported in Muslim and the Prophet (saw) said, “So let each one of you save himself from the Hell fire, even by giving half a date fruit. And if you do not find even half a date fruit than say pleasant words”

I have understood from this hadeeth that charity is a means of protection for us from the fire and saying pleasant words to your fellows Muslims is also a means of charity. So let us strive to speak good words in order to obtain the good pleasure of our Lord.

And Allah knows best

Khalaf   

^^^wa salaam my brother, i hope u are in good health and ur family inshallah. i took class on the seerah of the messenger scw i would tell all to take class it builds character.

many great ayats, hadiths to choose but good one on brotherhood.

On the authority of Abu Hurairah, who said : the messenger of Allah said :

"Do not envy one another; do not inflate prices one to another; do not hate one another; do not turn away from one another; and do not undercut one another, but be you, O servants of Allah, brothers. A muslim is the brother of a muslim: he neither oppresses him nor does he fail him, he neither lies to him nor does he hold him in contempt. Piety is right here-and he pointed to his breast three times. It is evil enough for a man to hold his brother muslim in contempt. The whole of a muslim for another muslim is inviolable: his blood, his property, and his honor."

related by Muslim.

and dis:

"Let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day either speak good or keep silent, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his neighbour, and let him who believes in Allah and the Last Day be generous to his guest."

related by Bukhari and Muslim

^^^we fail dont we? yet we call ourselves muslims, reminds of hadith dat says our faith is tainted. May Allah forgive us. amiin.

Aisha   

Excellent idea Ameen!!

I will share with you a hadith that shows the excellence of reciting the Quran and acting upon it's injunctions:

Abu Umamah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported; I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) saying,"Read the Quran, for it will come as an intercessor for it's reciters on the day of Resurrection" Muslim

So intercession means that the Quran will be endowed with the power of speech by Allah and will request Allah to forgive the sins of the reciters who acted upon its teachings. Allah will accept the request of the Quran!!!

Imagine you standing there, on the day of judgement, with the quran asking for your forgivness!! What a sight! So come on ppl.......lets drop those trashy western novels we waste our time on and lets pick up our holy book thats sitting on our top shelf out of our reach!!!

Khayr   

Originally posted by *Aisha*:

Excellent idea Ameen!!

I will share with you a hadith that shows the excellence of reciting the Quran and acting upon it's injunctions:

Abu Umamah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported; I heard the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) saying,"Read the Quran, for it will come as an intercessor for it's reciters on the day of Resurrection" Muslim

So intercession means that the Quran will be endowed with the power of speech by Allah and will request Allah to forgive the sins of the reciters who acted upon its teachings. Allah will accept the request of the Quran!!!

Imagine you standing there, on the day of judgement, with the quran asking for your forgivness!! What a sight! So come on ppl.......lets drop those trashy western novels we waste our time on and lets pick up our holy book thats sitting on our top shelf out of our reach!!!

I hope inshallah that every ayat that I have ever read brings me favor with Allah in the Qiymah and inshallah provides me much shade.

If we only knew....

If we only knew....

Ameen   

Khayr and Aisha,

I appreciate your contributions to the thread and may Allah increase us in both knowledge and eman.

As for the hadeeth you shared with us Khayr, we are in desperate need of the knowledge that will lead us to develop good manners. One way to start developing good manners is by working towards speaking good. I know your hadeeth in which you shared covered the topic of brotherhood, but brother ....don’t you see how I am connecting your hadeeth with the hadeeth I shared.

Speaking good words will result in a better brotherhood amongst us.

As for your hadeeth Aisha, you are absolutely right. Its time we throw away the useless Western novels in exchange for the Words of our Lord, may He be glorified. We should honestly be grateful to Allah that we has given us the Quran, the best of all the divine text.

So please don’t stop there. Continue to share your hadeeths and verses, for if nobody else contributes to this thread, we are more than enough to keep the knowledge coming.

And Allah knows best

Aisha   

I think this is a very important hadith. These days alot of people neglect As-Salah........I think alot of people just don't understand the significance of it!

Buraidah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said; "That which differentiates us from the disbelievers and hypocrites is our perfofmance of Salat. He who abandons it, becomes a disbeliever" [At-Tirmidhi]

It doesn't get any clearer than that!!!

Ameen   

Aisha sister, your right.

It is clear like the Red Sea (which is actually clear water for the most part lol). But depending on what madhab a person follows, he may not find the hadeeth you mentioned above in their Fiqhi books and which is a research assignment within itself to determine why. But I agree with you that Salat is what will separate us and those who disbelieve. It is by far the most precious act to me and a gift from Allah to His creation.

So Aisha keep it coming sis. I read all your hadeeths and I try to implement it in my life. So bring forward a hadeeth or a verse I can implement today and keep it as apart of my forever.

And Allah knows best

Fabregas   

1."Abdallah bin Abbas narrated that a man came to the Prophet asking him permission to go take part in Jihad. The Prophet asked him "Are your parents still alive?he replied in the affirmative .So he said: Then exert yourself in their service.

2.A man came to the Prophet and said I have come to pledge allegiance to you for the Hijrah(migration), and i have left my parents crying" so he said to him: "Go back and make them laugh, just as you made them cry."

1.Recorded by Al Bukhari

2.Recorded by Ibn Al-Atheer, "Jaami" Al-Usul (1/402)

Source:Dr Muhammad Az-Azaharani, Healing of the Heart.

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

Those are very strong hadeeths in which you have shared with us Abu Geeljire but I simply have to ask, what lessons have you drawn out of these hadeeths? I understand one basic principle and that is goodness towards the parents, but do you see any others lessons that may be of use?

And Allah knows best

Assalamu Alaikum,

Everytime I fall into sin and think that forgiveness is too late I remember this hadith and it helps me:

Hadith Qudsi 1:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said:

When Allah decreed the Creation He pledged Himself by writing in His book which is laid down with Him: My mercy prevails over my wrath.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).

Another hadith similar to it is that Allah says that even if your sins are as high as the mountains, don't despair and do not think that you will not be forgiven.

Ameen   

^^^^^And we are still awaiting our daily doss of Aisha's hadeeth, so share with us one (from among the thousands of hadeeths) that you have in your hadeeth library. Wont you?

Except this time I want you to share with us a hadeeth that covers the topic of greed.

And Allah knows best

Haneefah   

Excellent idea Ameen. We used to have a thread entirely dedicated to sharing ahadeeth some time ago, I couldn't locate it.

I'd like to share couple of related hadiths all concerning the importance of clemency/forbearance in Islam; virtuous characteristics one must strive to cultivate.

1. "Allah is Forbearer and He loves forbearance, and rewards for forbearance while He does not reward severity, and does not give for any thing besides it (forbearance)." [Muslim]

Commentary: Mildness is the opposite of harshness. Allah enjoins softness and dislikes stiffness in human relations. Allah assures of reward for gentle behaviour in society, not for unkindness or anything like that. However, inflexibility is preferred to flexibility when there arises a question of religious matters and the limits set by Allah.

2. Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Whenever forbearance is added to something, it adorns it; and whenever it is withdrawn from something, it leaves it defective." [Muslim]

Commentary: To be soft-spoken is such a quality that by virtue of which a man is not only endeared to people but also to Allah. And by being bereft of it, he not only becomes a contempt incarnate in the eyes of people but also with Allah.

3. Jarir bin `Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who is deprived of forbearance and gentleness is, in fact, deprived of all good." [Muslim].

Let us resort to gentleness in all of our matters Insha'Allah, so that Allah caza wajal can be gentle towards us.

Ameen   

Haneefah sister, may Allah reward you.

Forbearance is indeed a quality we collectively need to develop, so may Allah assist us in acquiring it. Personally I will work hard to make it apart of my character and whatever good I do with forbearance, I ask Allah, the Most Kind, to cause you to share my good deeds with me.

And Allah knows best

This Hadith gives me all hopes when hope seems to be impossible.

Narrated from Abu Hurayra by Bukhari and Muslim: "I am as My servant thinks of Me, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he mentions Me in Himself I mention him in Myself. If he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in a better gathering. If he comes near Me one hand-span (shibran) I come near him one cubit (dhira`an). If he comes near Me one cubit I come near him an arm's length (ba`an). If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running