Sign in to follow this  
Ameen

Exchange your efforts for Allah's reward

Aisha   

And we are still awaiting our daily doss of Aisha's hadeeth, so share with us one (from among the thousands of hadeeths) that you have in your hadeeth library.

Lol.....that made me laugh!

So, you want a hadith to do with greed huh?....ok, inshallah!

Narrated Hakim bin Hizam: I asked the Prophet (pbuh)for some money and he gave me, and then again I asked him and he gave me, and then again I asked him and he gave me and he then said,"This wealth is (like) green and sweet (fruit), and whoever takes it without greed, Allah will bless it for him, but whoever takes it with greed, Allah will not bless it for him, and he will be like the one who eats but is never satisfied. And the upper (giving) hand is better than the lower (taking) hand."

[sahih al-Bukahri, vol 8, Book 76, #448]

Here is another one.....it's short and sweet:

It was related that Abu Huraira said that the Messenger of Allah(pbuh) said;"They say 'Al Karm' (meaning the generous), while 'Al Karm' is the heart of the beliver. [sahih Al-Bukhari, The book of manners, hadith No.1958]

So people when you recieve anything(from Allah) don't forget to say the magic word (not really magic) ---------> Alhamdulilah!!!

So Ameen......now it's your turn! Why don't you give us a hadith on.......um........backbiting! Most ppl don't understand the significance!

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum and may all these hadeeths reach each and every one of you in a good state of health and eman.

Well Aisha, I see you were able to find a hadeeth that discuss greed but I must ask what lessons have you learned from them. The great scholars of Islam use to view one hadeeth from so many different angles (and if you don’t know what I mean than go and look at the Fiqhi books of the different madhabs and you'll discover exactly my point) and I understand that they were scholars and we are "just" seeking the knowledge to get us by in life, however, it would be interesting if in the future you share with us a lesson that you have taken out of the particular hadeeth in which you have posted.

Now that goes for everybody lol.

Aisha, I’m sure there are many lectures from different sheiks that cover backbiting, but before a person is able to abandon backbiting altogether, he/she must know how the Prophet (saw) defined backbiting. See living in the 21st century, we are forced to believe that backbiting is actually "lying about our brother" where in fact it’s actually the exact opposite.

In a hadeeth that was reported in Muslim, the Prophet (saw) was reported to have said, "backbiting implies talking about your brother in a manner which he does not like" so one Sahaaba asked the Prophet (saw), what if I speak the truth of my brother in his absence? The Prophet (saw) replied, "If you speak the truth than you are backbiting and if you lie, it is than slander".

As you can see by the definition given by the Prophet (saw) that backbiting covers a wide variety of areas and it should not be under estimated. Matter fact in surah Al-Hujurat, verse 12, this grave sin has been compared to the likes of eating the flesh of your dead brother (which illustrates the dislike Allah has for such an act). May Allah help us in distancing ourselves from backbiting.

And Allah knows best

mantra   

Originally posted by Captain Xalane:

This Hadith gives me all hopes when hope seems to be impossible.

Narrated from Abu Hurayra by Bukhari and Muslim: "I am as My servant thinks of Me, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he mentions Me in Himself I mention him in Myself. If he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in a better gathering. If he comes near Me one hand-span (shibran) I come near him one cubit (dhira`an). If he comes near Me one cubit I come near him an arm's length (ba`an). If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running

Ameen great topic, ^^ this hadith always brings tears to my eyes, Allah is eagre for us to turn to Him...little do we know.

The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Take advantage of five matters before five other matters: your youth, before you become old; and your health, before you fall sick; and your richness, before you become poor; and your free time before you become busy; and your life, before your death."

Bukhari

Self explanatory..

Blessed   

Salaams,

You guys might be interested in this. Haneefaay, are you signed up?

Also have a look at these tips on how to learn and implement hadiths.

Great topic. Please continue. Jizaakum Allah. smile.gif

Khalaf   

Note: what about stories of the companions ra, or seerah of nabi scw....we should look up to them.

Did u hear story of two brothers, one was a mumin all his life and the other not a good follower who did haraam party, drink, zina. at 80yr old the mumin clean all his life started doing haram, and the other become a mumin... the one who did good all his life went to naar and the other to jannah. we c it today also ppl who switch sides, scary may ALlah make us the jammcah of jannah! here's the hadith:

On the authority of Abdullah bin Masud, who said : the messenger of Allah, and he is the truthful, the believed narrated to us :

"Verily the creation of each one of you is brought together in his mother's belly for forty days in the form of seed, then he is a clot of blood for a like period, then a morsel of flesh for a like period, then there is sent to him the angel who blows the breath of life into him and who is commanded about four matters: to write down his means of livelihood, his life span, his actions, and whether happy or unhappy. By Allah, other than Whom there is no god, verily one of you behaves like the people of Paradise until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Hell-fire and thus he enters it; and one of you behaves like the people of Hell-fire until there is but an arm's length between him and it, and that which has been written over takes him and so he behaves like the people of Paradise and thus he enters it."

related by Bukhari and Muslim

Ameen   

Khalaf bro, I have come across this particular hadeeth many times and each and everytime I get a new feeling about it. Sometimes I’m overtaken with hope for those who are not committed to their duties and other times, I’m simply worried. Therefore my worry causes me not to slacken off on my acts of worship because if I was too, than perhaps I would be among those that enter the fire (Allah forbid). So thanks for bringing the hadeeth forth and may Allah reward you.

And Allah knows best

Aisha   

Ameen, you sound like a teacher! lol

I don't really know how to explain the 1st hadith that I posted about greed! I thought it pretty much explained itself. And if I do explain a hadith I try to be really carful not to make a mistake. The 1st hadith basicly has more than 1 message. It shows how bad it is to be greedy. To the point where Allah will not bless the thing which you have recieved! The hadith also stresses the fact that it is better to give than to recieve!

What I understood from the 2nd hadith is that it showed the importance of generousity. That it should be a characteristic of a true beliver.

And Allahu Alam.......I hope I didn't say anything wrong.

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

Aisha, I'm not teacher but I like to listen and give credit where credit is due.

None of us are scholars and you’re absolutely right that we need to be careful wherever we give "our" own explanation to a verse or a hadeeth but we’re seeking lessons within the hadeeth and perhaps the lessons I see aren't the same as the ones you mention. Therefore if we share the different lessons that we draw out than perhaps we will learn more. However after hearing the different lessons we shouldn’t stop there but in fact that should motivate us to research what the earlier scholars had written about that particular in which a person posts.

The objective of this thread is not for a person to share a particular hadeeth from among their collection but rather it is more than that. I hope as I’m writing to post the hadeeth or verse that it would cause it to be placed in my long term memory instead of my hidden conscience. Therefore I provide myself with a better opportunity to recall the hadeeth and with every recall I may have, I hope to implement it.

And Allah knows best

P.S. I have a question for yall. What would you consider your favorite Surah to be? (Favorite is not the right word for the sentence but I hope you know what I mean)

^^

First of all the whole Quraan is all favorite but there is certain ayaah you must Ta'mul or look hard and think about for while or there is a ducaa and you contemplate by its means in depth.

Bacda acuudu bilaahi mina shaydaani rajiim: Surat Huud(Ayaah 113 - 117)

فَاسْتَقِمْ كَمَا أُمِرْتَ وَمَن تَابَ مَعَكَ وَلاَ تَطْغَوْاْ إِنَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ

وَلاَ تَرْكَنُواْ إِلَى الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُواْ فَتَمَسَّكُمُ النَّارُ وَمَا لَكُم مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ مِنْ أَوْلِيَاء ثُمَّ لاَ تُنصَرُونَ

وَأَقِمِ الصَّلاَةَ طَرَفَيِ النَّهَارِ وَزُلَفًا مِّنَ اللَّيْلِ إِنَّ الْحَسَنَاتِ يُذْهِبْنَ السَّـيِّئَاتِ ذَلِكَ ذِكْرَى لِلذَّاكِرِينَ

وَاصْبِرْ فَإِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يُضِيعُ أَجْرَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ

فَلَوْلاَ كَانَ مِنَ الْقُرُونِ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ أُوْلُواْ بَقِيَّةٍ يَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْفَسَادِ فِي الأَرْضِ إِلاَّ قَلِيلاً مِّمَّنْ أَنجَيْنَا مِنْهُمْ وَاتَّبَعَ الَّذِينَ ظَلَمُواْ مَا أُتْرِفُواْ فِيهِ وَكَانُواْ مُجْرِمِينَ

وَمَا كَانَ رَبُّكَ لِيُهْلِكَ الْقُرَى بِظُلْمٍ وَأَهْلُهَا مُصْلِحُونَ

Also in surat al-israa:(70-80)

أَقِمِ الصَّلاَةَ لِدُلُوكِ الشَّمْسِ إِلَى غَسَقِ اللَّيْلِ وَقُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ إِنَّ قُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ كَانَ مَشْهُودًا

وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَهَجَّدْ بِهِ نَافِلَةً لَّكَ عَسَى أَن يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُودًا

وَقُل رَّبِّ أَدْخِلْنِي مُدْخَلَ صِدْقٍ وَأَخْرِجْنِي مُخْرَجَ صِدْقٍ وَاجْعَل لِّي مِن لَّدُنكَ سُلْطَانًا نَّصِيرًا

ayaah 80 is very important ducaa, its the ducaa the prophet used to say while in his flight of hijra, and its a good ducaa in every aspect in life - specially when u undertaking any endeavour.

Blessed   

The following ayah always brings a smile to my face. smile.gif

35 إِنَّ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمَاتِ وَالْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَالْقَانِتِينَ وَالْقَانِتَاتِ وَالصَّادِقِينَ وَالصَّادِقَاتِ وَالصَّابِرِينَ وَالصَّابِرَاتِ وَالْخَاشِعِينَ وَالْخَاشِعَاتِ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقِينَ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقَاتِ وَالصَّائِمِينَ وَالصَّائِمَاتِ وَالْحَافِظِينَ فُرُوجَهُمْ وَالْحَافِظَاتِ وَالذَّاكِرِينَ اللَّهَ كَثِيراً وَالذَّاكِرَاتِ أَعَدَّ اللَّهُ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا

35 Verily, the Muslims (those who submit to Allah in Islam) men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Islamic Monotheism), the men and the women who are obedient (to Allah), the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient (in performing all the duties which Allah has ordered and in abstaining from all that Allah has forbidden), the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord Allah), the men and the women who give Sadaqat (i.e. Zakat, and alms, etc.), the men and the women who observe Saum (fast) (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional Nawafil fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember Allah much with their hearts and tongues (while sitting, standing, lying, etc. for more than 300 times extra over the remembrance of Allah during the five compulsory congregational prayers) or praying extra additional Nawafil prayers of night in the last part of night, etc.) Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).

Islam is so easy and beneficial

Ameen   

Assalam alaikum

Kimiya sister, I love that ayaat also. Surah Azhab within itself is such a powerful surah.

May Allah make us among those who love His words and act upon them.

And Allah knows best

Aisha   

What would you consider your favorite Surah to be?

The Surah that I'm drawn to is Surah-Al-Ikhlas! I love it because it talks about the oneness of Allah and some of his attributes. Another reason why I like it is because of the reward behind it:

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported; The messenger of Allah (pbuh) said; "Surat Ikhlas is equivalent to one third of the Quran". [Muslim]

Ms DD   

Salaam Aleykum

This is a great thread.

Hadhrat Abu Dharr (Radhiallaahu Anhu) reports that Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) came outside one day. It was autumn and the leaves of the trees were falling in large numbers. Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) held a branch and shook it. The leaves began to fall. Thereafter, Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) said, ‘O Abu Dharr,’ I replied, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘When a Muslim offers Salaat for the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala then his sins fall away like how the leaves of this tree fell away.’ (Mutajirur Raabih pg.68; Najdatul Hadeetha)

The Most Merciful Allah Ta’ala looks for the smallest excuse to pardon us for our sins. What a chip bargain! Five times a day regular with our Salaat will earn us forgiveness for every little minor sin committed during the entire day. No other business of this temporary world can make such an astonishing turn over.

Time flies, life is short, let us make a firm resolution and thereafter make an attempt. Allah Ta’ala will make it easy for us, Aameen.

And Allah swt knows best.

Ameen   

^^^^Cambarro well said indeed sister.

I remember a little while ago I was sitting at a friend’s house and talking to his 12 year old brother. Now this kid is "mashAllah". His family had moved to Yemen seven years ago when he was so young and he knew nothing. Now that he is back, he is grown and has memorized the entire Quran. So being the smart a** I am, I was reciting random ayaats from the Quran in order to test him. I was amazed that he was able to find the Surah before I could finish the ayaat. So I took it to another level by reciting ayaats that are mentioned in more than one surah and what was the result you may ask? Well he informed me that there were multiple surahs in which that ayaat was mentioned and that I should recite the following ayaat in the surah in order for the answer. In amazement I walked away from the kid. But I couldn’t stay away for long so I came back to him and I asked him one question. I asked him, from among all the ayaats and surahs in the Quran, which one was his "favorite"? So he looked at me and said, "Surah Baqarah". I walked away and that was the end of that.

Surah Baqarah is amazing and I would like to share one ayaat from the surah.

Allah, the All-Mighty says, "Therefore remember Me, I will remember you and be grateful to Me and never be ungrateful to Me".

Now whenever Allah mentions anything in a particular order we should look at it carefully. In this case, Allah says to remember Him and He will remember us. So in that case, we have to keep our duty to Allah and we must remember that WE stand in need of Allah, whereas He stands in no need of us, may He be Glorified.

And Allah knows best

Haneefah   

Jazakumallah ya jamaca, loved reading your contributions.

Kimiya: no sis, but I just did, thanks :cool: I was aware of his launching of the DiscoverU though.

Insha'Allah, today I'd like to share couple of ahadeeth regarding loving each other for the sake of Allah (swt).

1. Mu`adh (bin Jabal) (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: `For those who love one another for the sake of My Glory, there will be seats of light (on the Day of Resurrection), and they will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs". [At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: This Hadith tells us that Allah will grant an exalted position to such people who love one another for His sake. "They will be envied by the Prophets and martyrs'' does not mean that they will be granted a place higher than even the Prophets because the highest position will be granted to the Prophets, as these are the best of Allah's creation. These words simply draw our attention to the superiority and the exalted position those who love one another for Allah's sake will have on the Day of Resurrection.

2. Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "On the Day of Resurrection, Allah, the Exalted, will say: `Where are those who have mutual love for the sake of My Glory? Today I shall shelter them in My Shade when there will be no shade except Mine". [Muslim]

3. Abu Idris Al-Khaulani (May Allah had mercy upon him) reported: I once entered the mosque in Damascus. I happened to catch sight of a young man who had bright teeth (i.e., he was always seen smiling). A number of people had gathered around him. When they differed over anything they would refer it to him and act upon his advice. I asked who he was and I was told that he was Mu`adh bin Jabal (May Allah be pleased with him) The next day I hastened to the mosque, but found that he had arrived before me and was busy in performing Salat. I waited until he finished, and then went to him from the front, greeted him with Salam and said to him, "By Allah I love you.'' He asked, "For the sake of Allah?'' I replied, "Yes, for the sake of Allah". He again asked me, "Is it for Allah's sake?'' I replied, "Yes, it is for Allah's sake.'' Then he took hold of my cloak, drew me to himself and said, "Rejoice,! I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, `Allah, the Exalted, says: My love is due to those who love one another for My sake, meet one another for My sake, visit one another for My sake and spend in charity for My sake". [Malik]

Commentary: Besides the merit of mutual affection, contact and co-operation for the pleasure of Allah, this Hadith tells us that one should disclose one's affection to him whom one loves. It also tells us that when a person is engaged in worship or daily round of recitation, his visitor should not sit before him so that his concentration is not affected. He should sit behind him and wait till he has finished his prayer. The Hadith also teaches us to approach someone from the front so as not to scare him.

4. Abu Karimah Al-Miqdad bin Ma`dikarib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "When a man loves his brother (for Allah sake) let him tell him that he loves him". [At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud].

Subhanallah, there's wisdom behind expressing one's love to the beloved for it nurtures that love and creates mutual love and affection between the two. How often do we find ourselves expressing our love towards our brothers and sisters in Islam? Do we work hard to cultivate that love or even try to discover it? Have we become so immersed in our own immense egos and succumbed to the enslavement of our earthly lower selves, so much so that we can't even afford our sis's/bro's a simple sincere praise or acknowledgment let alone love? Are we too caught up in focusing on their shortcomings and harboring grudges instead of focusing on their beautiful qualities and showing mercy?

I can recall one time when a sister on this very board told me that she loved me for the sake of Allah (without having seen me, or known me well etc), and I could truly feel her sincerity. It struck me deep. Walahi, without any sense of hesitation or any drop of pretentiousness, I found myself uttering the same words back to her and it felt amazing, subhanallah. We've become quite close since and keep in touch, alhamdulilah. Where else can you find that beauty except in Islam?

Let's spread love... smile.gif