Sign in to follow this  
samjamaa

rise of unmarried somalis (men women)

samjamaa   

I actually decided to write about this because I read somewhere that somalis ( especially women) make up the largest group of “unmarried” in some arab nations. I believe on everything is fate, I believe as a muslim in the concept of “qadar” or predetermined destiny. but it mast be some resons for that!

Abwaan   

Alpha Blondy;779086 wrote:
try your local mosque. there is a list of somali women just waited to be married by black ex-offender-come-revert.

Sadly way dhacdaa arrintaan!

Somalia   

Alpha Blondy;779086 wrote:
try your local mosque. there is a list of somali women just waited to be married by black ex-offender-come-revert.

looooooooool, so true.

Aaliyyah   

i dnt really agree with the idea of marrying outside your race, it brings a lotta issues...better stick with your people. and i dnt agree with ppl marrying in the mosques either..gabadho badan aya laga waala marka lo keeno waxay garaneen...last option are your parents..till then adigu melaha ka raadso qof wacan..im sure u all go to school and work..:)

salaam

somalee   

GaroweGal;779421 wrote:
There aren't many good men!
I am more supportive of Somali women marrying outside the race today, then I was a year ago.

It's only fair to assume that your opinion is shaped by the men in your life, starting from the father, brothers, uncles, cousins, friends, husband/ex-husbands etc etc. Since they are the closest to you.

With bad economy, people being fearful of losing their jobs, kids growing up to be DOQOMIIN, who could blame anyone for not wanting to get married? It's damn shame. :(

Juxa   

I am with Aaliyah here. I think people should stop putting so much pressure on the girls. I think many go to the mosque as they are panicking or tired of being told to marry.

I think the men are there, little lost maybe but there.

samjamaa   

Nin-Yaaban;779563 wrote:
With bad economy, people being fearful of losing their jobs, kids growing up to be DOQOMIIN, who could blame anyone for not wanting to get married? It's damn shame.
:(

i am 100% agree with, because its not hard to find a Somali man to marry, the problem is whether he is educated or economically stable,

although I think the most important thing is the deen.

aaliyya: yes, it is better to marry from same race. but still we can't blame who prefer to marry outside our race and we have to respect their choose.

Abwaan   

GaroweGal;779421 wrote:
There aren't many good men! I am more supportive of Somali women marrying outside the race today, then I was a year ago.

So you support them in marrying, ex-convicts, bullies iyo wax aan laga sheekeyn Karin!

It's probably because of many people wanting to pursue their careers and also because of tribe. Many people get told by their parents don't marry such and a such tribe. Even if they found a suitable person their family would reject it cause of tribe difference it's all bull.