Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why Khaatuma is already a historical succes?

Saalax   

Dervish many of yours kin were footsoldiers for the British and Italian and even to this day they are footsoldiers for Kenyans and Ethiopians.

So let's not go there kid ;) .

Carafaat   

Somalina;771972 wrote:
Carafaat, come again! Mudug hee?

X-mas waa laga soo gudbey!
:D

Somalina, I meant half of Muidug. North Galkacyo and Golgodob.

Caraafat are you being facetious with your first point? If international recogiotion is dead in your opinion, what is the next possible step for SL?

Carafaat   

Goldcoast, Oodweyne,

I may be getting ahead on the outcome of this Conference and the unity of the SSC Tolka is not a guarantee yet. But should not underestimate the spirit in which this Conference is organised(unity) and eventhough Somaliland has not revealed its cards yet, still one thing is clear. That SSC communities political agenda will be focused on its regions and its interest, rather then following tolka to Garowe, Muqdisho or other places. This is a clear breach with the past. All sections of the SSC community are united on atleast two goals (unity of Somalia and best interest of its region and peoople), Somaliland on the otherhand has two (domestic) goals, which are unity of Somaliland and reachings its borders. Those are two objectives Somaliland and SSC tolka can fin eachother in, the costprice for Somaliland will be to give up on its international ambitions for recongnition to give the SSC community some exchange and for SSC it will mean give up on its ambitions for an own independant SSC maamul. Creating for both sides a win, win situation.

One can say it reached its borders and other then it 'saved' Somali Unity. Without getting the blame from their respective supporters. This will save Siilaanyo face, when he anounces that he will eventually negoitiate with Somalia on a Confederation. And Ali Khaliif when he negoitiaties with Siilaanyo.

Again, I am getting a head a bit. But I am quite opimistic and bit excited like Oodweyne said.

Oodweyne is angry for a reason

Somaliland is a collection of clans with deep history and tradition, and the notion of one poor clan determining the destiny for other clans is nonsense. However, when one reads Oodweyne's swagger and the falsity of his conviction, one realizes the separatist lot are at their last throes. If Khaatumo at Taleex is the finale of very exciting and impressive series of political events, which the SSC community have had for the good part of 2011, it could also be described as a genies political scheme that will read the travesty in the north to its last rites ...

But, one thing that is not, never will be a negotiable, is the "independence of Somaliland" from Somalia
. And, that, regardless of what the the average citizens of the SSC may think about it (particularly it's Diaspora lot), the political elite of these "Community" knows that perfectly. Hence, their over-all agenda is not to sabotaged Somaliland's independence; since they know, they can't really do it (both demographically, in-terms of territoriality, as well as the cohesive wise for the larger community of Somaliland),

Absolutely Somaliland quest for statehood is non negotiable Majority of the Garaad clan excluding the few living abroad in western countries agree on that but the past two decades the communities with in Somaliland came closer to each other much and much to one and other.

We can agree on more autonomy within the Somaliland republic that is something feasible with time to come. But lets wait for the conference out come and how it goes from there. As for the pirates they lost all credibility when they started arresting the Khaatumo2 conference attendees in bosaaso and garowe, it's all looking good so far for Somaliland and its people.

Baashi   

Success yes. Agreed.

Hold your horses Carafaat.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings:) She has not sung yet. Gol Khatumo maqawiir are in session. We are waiting the outcome. However I for one will not support if the leadership council adopt the article of secession:). Just saying :) The odds are extremely low. Still I am for Somaliweyn through and through. Withdrawing from PL partnership and go it alone and SSC recovery zone. Fine. Partnering with Northwest, Togdheer,and Awdal in forming a political block within unity government in one of the arrangement formats floating around. Yes. But secession never :)

Baashi   

Oodweyne,

Recite the following stanza with me. Take off the blowhard hat and come out the closet. I am gonna go out on a limb yet again and assert that you know deep down that if Taleex gathering adopts a pro unity stand then that will put the last nail in the coffin. I can understand if you say secessionist have reasonable assurances from their allies in that dusty town and Taleex gathering will end in failure as far as conclusive and an unambigous outcome is concerned. That's kalamu rujal. And I would've said let's wait and see.

Come on bud and read it out loud

Dadka geeskan yaal baan lahaa nabad u doon doon e

Walaalaha is dooxaan lahaa ha is daweeyeen e

Dabka cadawgu keenaan lahaa daadiyoo quba e,

Dilaalkiyo milaalkaa lahaa duubta gogolaha e,

Daaraha Shawal iyo Xamar kolkan deer isugu keeno,

Qaar kalan ku soo dari lahaa oo dirkooda ah,

Dowlad weyn ha noqotan lahaa waayo dabadoode*,

Damaashaadka faraxaan lahaa daawasho u jooge

Arrin kaa dahsoon baa jirtee taa ma dayi weyday.

Yes it will take time but you gotta elevate this fight to where it belongs. Awoowe qadiyadaadu duriyada ha ka sareyso. Xataa hadad intaa garanweydo war bal rer abti iyo xididnimo xeeri dee :)

Baashi   

Fair enough. I take it you are counting on secession proponents inside the tent :) If I were you I would rather have plan B ready for execution -- if you get my drift. This is make or break moment. You know it and I know it. In Garowe I guess they are resigned to the inevitable. That's political maturity if you ask me. But hey in your world, duriyadu are the Goliath. They kick *** right? :)

Careful there. Invoking "majority" talk is double edged knive for secessionists :)

This thread says more about, Carafats wishes for the conference, than what will really take place. The folks in Taleex are a saver hands when it comes to Somalilandnimo than Carafat. He is still stuck in the ceased former Somalia republic mentally and is need of a serious reality check. Like humpty dumpty, the old historical Somalia has been broken into a million pieces and will no be put back together anytime soon. Just don't keep wishing your houses catches fire, Carafat, as that won't make anybody's situation better just worse..

Dervish   

The "ethnic Somalilanders" are coming out the wood work Lool. I guess Losing half of your territory would make anyone sad. Now run along to Your holy trinity and be good seperatists.

Liibaan   

Faisal Waraabe "Maantana Waalaahi inaanaynu SSC iska Celin Karin, Ee Maanta Somaliland Way Qaawantahay " Halkan Ka Dhageyso

http://sunatimes.com/playaudio.php?id=509

Siyaasiga ka soo Jeeda Gobaladda Somaliland ee Faysal Cali Waraabe ayaa ku Tilmaamay Maamulka Somaliland inuu yahay mid Bur-Bur qarka u saaran kadib Markii ku yimaaden Fashilo Baddan oo dhanka Siyaasadda Iyo Khilaafaad ah, Faysal Cali waraabe oo sharaxaya Xaalka Maamulka Somaliland uu maraya ayaa Yiri " Itoobiya iskadaayee Xataa SSC iskama celin Karno. Faysal Cali Waraabe oo ah Gudoomiyaha Xisbiga UCID oo uu u soo dhamaaday Shirka Xisbigaas ayaa Haddaladiisa laga dareemayay kuwa Liita.

Faysal Waraabe " Waad Ogtihiin Maanta dhibaatada lagu jiro nolosheenu siday tahay, waad ogtihiin in Dalku Bur-bur ku dhaw yahay oo Taleex Shir Maamul-Goboleed Lagaga Dhawaaqaya ka socdo oo la Doonayo in SomaliWeyn Laynagu Daro, Dhexdeediina Maamul-Goboleed Laga Sameeyey, waad ogtihiin Maalintii Siyaad Bare aynu la dagaalamaynay inay noloshu sidan ka fiicnayd, maantana Waalaahi inaanaynu SSC iska Celin Karin”

Saciid Sulub (Udub), ugu horayn arintaasi ka hadlayna ayaa yidhi “Dalkii wuu soo uruuray Taleex shirbaa ka socda waxaana laga taagay calankii buluuga ahaa dawladuna way daaawanaysaa ilaa markii la soo qaban qaabinayay"

Baashi   

Oodweyne,

La stesa canta :) Quit being a winbag :)

One thing is for sure I will take a dip in Jazeera beach. Liido has small real estate compared to Jazeera (Mogadishu), Ceel Jaale (Marka), Barawe, and Calanleey beach. But I fancy Red Sea beaches nowadays. Bal tab dheh :)

Awoowe an heshiino oo waxii hore u dhacat=y an xalay dhalay ka noqone.:) What say you?