Sign in to follow this  
MoonLight1

Can an Indepenent SSC State survive????

We all know what the outcome of the Khatumo 2 conference will be. This is my prediction.

1) A state or (maamul goboleed called SSC or Darwiishland) will be declared.

2) SL will be given 48 hours to leave LA or face allout war.

3) PL will be told to leave the last tuulo they occupy aka Buurawadal.

4) Ali Khaliif will be crowned as the head of State.

5) Ethiopia will open a counselate in LA.

But the big Question is can this newly declared state survive.

Politically it seems it will survive since the bully boy in the region aka Ethiopia is happy with it, SL and PL will be told off to stay away from this area.

Economically ??? I doubt this state will be independent from PL and SL, since they have no access to the sea, no major airports, the only income source will be to tax transit goods coming from SL to other places of Somalia and also taxation from transit goods from Somalia to SL going through their territory, in another word this will be an Isbaaro state like Ximan & Xeeb.

A_Khadar   

Good question though some of your predictions are way off like who will lead the new ismaamul.. I believe they will survive and how they will is a part of the conference itself. So stay tuned.

gooni   

Waa su'aal dhawr malyanoo dollar ah,haday khaatumo alle ku tawakalaan, iska daa state yaroo hay adaha daba ordee waxay adkaysi iyo kartiba u leeyihiin inay gobanimadii soomaaliya soo celiyaan insha allah khaatumadoodu way hagaagi

It will survive with the help of Allah. As you know, SSC State will be from Sanaag and it's shores all the way into Hawd. That's a huge land/territory. Plus, Buuhoodle Airport and Laascaanood Airport, not to mention an Airport in Taleex will be sufficient.

Did I mention the OIL. Trust me, we SSC people are Nationalists. We will NOT drill our Oil, when the rest of Somalia is in turmoil or when there is no Central Government.

Our Oil is for SSC and Greater Somalia as ONE.

Have anyone asked why the previous SSC failed? If you don't learn from your mistakes you are bound to repeating them. And that is exactly what I see.

My take on the likely scenarios that is to happen are:

1. A new renegade administration is declared fancy titles with Mr. Hebel Hebel as head, Mr Hebel Hebel as vice president

2. New administration goes to Buuhoodle because that is the only town which is able to host them

3. New Administration starts to stalk clans to fight other neighboring clans

4. Somaliland reacts by sending armed vehicles to Town Hebel and Village Hebel

5. Fights break out... and over time it drags on, and on... Somaliland defends its gains.

6. A year or two pass... new administration still in Buuhoodle and by this time the diaspora donations dry out

7. The bigwigs of the SSC go back to the drawing boards and begin the design of the next Khaatumo Shirbeeleed ponzi scheme

8. The cycle starts again.

Buuhoodle is the birthplace of bravery and manhood. That Suldan now shows respect after the Kalshaale war is a great testimony to that.

But the secessionist dream will end one day, and I cannot wait the day when we welcome our brothers back to the fold again.

xiinfaniin;770041 wrote:
Buuhoodle is the birthplace of bravery and manhood. That Suldan now shows respect after the Kalshaale war is a great testimony to that.

But the secessionist dream will end one day, and I cannot wait the day when we welcome our brothers back to the fold again.

I remember back in the day when folks used to say that Somaliland will never set foot in Laascanood because of such and such... The truth is, Somaliland is able and can control Buuhoodle but In the grand scheme of things, the cost/benefit analysis prefers Buuhoodle to be left alone. :D

Besides, the SSC need to prove themselves that they can run something and Buuhoodle presents a challenge for them. Like any other administration, they need to provide to the people and if they can't, then the people will revolt. By contrast, Somaliland will fund more projects in the neighboring villages such as Widhwidh to demonstrate the in effectiveness of the SSC administration as an alternative administration in the region.

Eventually, the SSC, harmstrung by lack of dependable income, will go the same way as Xaglotoosiye's short spell... i.e. going back to the West.