Sign in to follow this  
Mintid Farayar

More than meets the eye with the Kenyan Invasion

While Kenya uses the immediate threat to its tourism industry (the recent killing and kidnappings) as the public reason for its invasion, there are credible signs that this had been in the works for quite a while.

Besides the Wikileaks revelations of Kenya's desire to create the Azania buffer state for which Kenya had been training local militias for at least 2 years, there's an even more telling indication:

In November 2010, the Kenyan Army's Operations Command was moved from Nairobi to Garissa.

Something to chew on...

Dabrow   

People here is naive I noticed. I'm telling you, in the world is kill or get killed and somalis are losing the battle.

We need to oppose every hostile invasion from our neghbour countries and make them think twice to invade.

Somalia   

Kenya wants the people of NFD to influence their clansmen to establish a state so Kenya can explore in the exclusive economic zone of Somalia.

It really is that simple.

Somalia;754081 wrote:
Kenya wants the people of NFD to influence their clansmen to establish a state so Kenya can explore in the exclusive economic zone of Somalia.

It really is that simple.

^^ Interesting! can you elaborate on that point? And what potential political and economical opportunity will this bring to the people of NFD.

Somalia   

Abtigiis;754097 wrote:
The Azania clan is not known for selling out national interests. There is no Yey in our midst.

You are the most confused, disorganized and undisciplined clan apart from SSC.

There's a far bigger game at play here than little Somali clan rivalries. Installing 100 U.S. Special Forces in Uganda to hunt down Joseph Kony of the Lord's Resistance Army (a group that has all but disbanded, down to less than 300 disorganized combatants that are no longer even in Uganda). State of the art drone bases being constructed in Kililka Shanaad. Come on....

Private militias being trained by neighboring countries for the last few years and finally put into action, etc.

The chess pieces are being put into place and no one cares what the Somalis want. Let's take a step back from our parochial regional interests as Somalis and look at the bigger game for a bit....

^ They will never realize it. Their interests are not even close the forefront. Yusuf Xaaji is only there to help soften the base at the ground nothing more nothing less. It amazes that some actually believe their clan interests are at the top of the agenda other pro or against.

Mintid Farayar;754171 wrote:

Let's take a step back from our parochial regional interests
as Somalis
and look at the bigger game for a bit....

It is interesting that is coming from Mintid Farayar!!!

Somalis are small in population, a mere 10 million. There are 80 million to their West, landlocked and deprived from the sea by geography. And there are 40 million to the South. If Somalis understand that basic math in the geopolitical level, they will have a chance for survival.

Xiin,

You know where I stand on certain issues. I've always know where you stand on certain issues as much as you've tried to hide it from the gallery in the past. Others, currently Abtigiis, have belatedly come to realize your real positions many months and years later. That's what currently compelling Abtigiis to write post after post in the last few days re: Azania and how one such as yourself can oppose it, given your previous positions in the past. Many new comers are not privy to what's making his blood boil. But others get it.

Having said that, one cannot hide oneself from the bigger game that's at play here. I share your sentiments regarding the populations to our East and North. Our main disagreement(yours and mine) is based only on what type of govermental structure(s) to meet that challenge. We also have to get out of that knee-jerk reaction of viewing the neighbors as perpetual enemies. They themselves (both Ethiopia and Kenya) are being played in this big geopolitical game. They just don't know it yet...

^^You are right you and I have very diverging interests in relation to Somalia. You are separatist who believes dismembering Somalia is the best thing that could happen to the region. I am unionist at the core and believe a population of 10 million squeezed from the West by 80 million and from the South by 40 million can only thrive in unity.

As for Xiin's intentions in taking the positions he takes and what motivates him, that my friend does not bother me. Such arguments are the trenches of charlatans and seldom do such nonsense cause me to reconsider my positions.

Having said that, I would gladly welcome you back as a brother and fellow country man, anytime, to the union camp. Somalis need to stick together, and shall never splinter.

Putting Xiin's verbal somersaults aside, some bigger issues are at play here - far greater than the usual jockeying in the region.

On the Mogadishu front, the TFG shows its usual disfuntionality further exasperating friend and foe. The 'mortgage ministers' are caught between a rock and a hard place. It's very difficult to stand up to those who are physically protecting you from annihilation as well as paying your bed and breakfast!