Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Early signs in Tunisia point to Ennahda’s strong showing

Well, this is all falling into West's lap, easily. Explaining myself; revolutions in the muslim world => indepedent elections => Islamists into power

=> Sharia in direct conflict with the power that be => Conflict with the big boys...........Start all over or worse.

^^That power that be is no longer gonna be, chew on that for a second

The world is facing a sovereign default, a new territory for the financial structures that sustain the power in order to BE!

Here is what Mr.Abdel Jalil, head of the Libya's Interim Government said today: " slamic law

Abdel Jalil said the NTC's commission would be governed by a religious edict issued by the head of the Islamic Fatwa society.

Click here for more of Al Jazeera's special coverage

On Sunday, Abdel Jalil declared the country "liberated" at a ceremony in the eastern city of Benghazi, starting the country on what is planned to be a two-year path to democracy.

At that ceremoney, he had announced that Islamic law would be "basic source" of all legislation in the oil-rich country, and that any existing laws that contradict this would be struck down.

While this stipulation exists in the constitution of neighbouring Egypt, Egyptian laws remain largely secular, as opposed to those of Iran and Saudi Arabia, both of which also use Islamic law.

Abdel Jalil outlined several changes to existing laws, including the banning of the paying of interest by banks and the legalisation of polygamy.

On Monday, Abdel Jalil sought to allay concerns that hardline interpretations of Islamic law would be used, saying that he wanted to "assure the international community that we as Libyans are moderate Muslims".

He said a referendum will be held on the country's new constitution once it has been drafted.

On Monday, France said that it would be keeping a close watch over Libya's respect for human rights following the announcement regarding Islamic law, the country's foreign ministry said.

"We will be watchful of respect for human rights and democratic principles, notably cultural and religious diversity and the equality of men and women to which France is unswervingly attached," Bernard Valero, a ministry spokesman, said."

We will see if they stick to this and make it(Shariyah law) the law of the land.

Risk of sounding deluded, "sovereign default" wax la yiraa ma jireen. This is a mirage. Hear me! nothing but a mirage. Big boys (global financiers) are working to own states. This is all part of a big plan.

If you think the architects of Global domination are short of dosh, dream on...

^We think the order of the world is fundamentally disrupted. Naturally, some nations whose worth and value were artificially exaggerated will face sovereign default.

in other words, Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali is the first dictator to be vindicated. he was right all along and those poor pro democracy protesters who started this whole Arab spring is where wrong, heres to hoping they're like the ruling turkish party and this stays in tunisia.

What is wrong with Ghannouchi or Ennahda? Have you ever heard him speak? Stop the alarmist talk this doesnt vindicate Ben Ali at all, the guy is nowhere near an extremist. In fact I expect him to put a good showing in government, and prove those jumping the gun wrong.

what is a "moderate islamist" to you and is there such theocratic democracy? Did this people fight for theocracy or democracy and how you have both. Ghannouchi is claiming to have found the right recipe and we can only wait and see. furthermore, I can't help but feel that ignorant rural folk along with cowardly "moderate islamist" have hijacked what only the people of Tunis and the "liberal coast" had the courage to undertake. furthermore, I believe this will endanger the unfinished democratic revolution in the rest of the Arab world. Imagine anyone supporting the Yemen with al-qaeda in the Arab peninsula waiting at the gate, or the syrians with the ruling religious minorities in fear of any change, or Egypt with its large coptic christian community who fought along with other prodemocracy protesters in tahrir square.

Duke is right the model for Tunisia is Turkiyaa. I am sure very few will argue that Turkiya's political experiment has been bad for the Turks.

Dabrow   

they are moslem party and in moslem country.

I dont understand the debate....advance psyops have corrupted your mind about "islamists"

that word dont even exists, even alshabab are not "islamist" they are ciriminal org

Xiin, Turkey, is by its own constitution Secular Democracy regardless of who comes to power, Ennahda on the other hand will be the one making the constitution. I guess we will wait to see this magical recipe his been talking about bridging democray and Islam.

Dabrow, thats what the man calls himself so am gonna leave it to him. as for a moslem party in moslem country, am certain that the people who overthrew Ben ali where not fighting for a "moslem party" but democracy. By your logic, the US, UK, Canada are Christian countries and Shinto Japan, and Confucius China and India is Hindu...

I agree with Xiin, the Al Nahda has like the AKP waiting for years to come to power and have come through if the expected results are true an open election with a huge turnout. Tunis will be more like Ankara than Paris.

Dabrow   

Naxar Nugaaleed;753597 wrote:

Dabrow, thats what the man calls himself so am gonna leave it to him. as for a moslem party in moslem country, am certain that the people who overthrew Ben ali where not fighting for a "moslem party" but democracy. By your logic, the US, UK, Canada are Christian countries and Shinto Japan, and Confucius China and India is Hindu...

You failed to understand my point. The people wish must be respected and by democratic elections moslems win a moslem country and thats its logical, I dont care about US,UK, Canada, Tuniesia is not their country and they should mind their own business