Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Caddayn muhiim ah oo ku socota dadka ku dooda in SNM asal ahaanba ay rabtay inay dalka kala goyso

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;751066 wrote:
A khadar there was no other Clan faction in Somalia to deal with other than the USC at that time there is nothing Clanish about that and it would have been a transitional formula so i don't see a problem.

Nice try mate.. There was SPM let by Omar Jees and it controlled parts of Somalia at that time and also SSDF to add the list, but that proposal was a mere clanish and partly was what fuelled the civil war.. Probably the aganda behind was that the South to be on fire so SL can easy have a clear path to independance.. That sentiment is still with you of wishing the continuation of choas in the south..

"people stuffed with hate is a daunting task"__

even if that's the case,there's cause & effect.You know wat happened unless history is re-written with the usual"it happened to all somalis",which no one buys.

Just to add, there was no ssdf at the time(only in name).Spm was very insignificant.Pse we don't have to fight every step of the way.

The SPM was a wing under the USC under General Caydiid the SPM even fought along Caydiid against the manifesto of Ali mahdi and ssdf did not even exist maybe in name but there was no Faction Called ssdf with an army in 1990 or in 1991. So it makes sense if President Siilaanyo proposed a interim transitional formula between the SNM and USC.

The Somaliland government and the people of Somaliland wishes the people of Somalia and their government all the peace and progressiveness can get.

A_Khadar   

You two, Bura and XX, are justifying the proposal of Siiraanyo to USC as a legit becaues only both fucntions existed and all other groups were either of insignificant or unexist.. That it self is clanish..

XX, waxaa layir isn't the story. USC and SPM were in a same mession to kick Bare from Mogadishu and once Oday Bare left from Mogadishu, Aideed/USC attacked SPM (omar Jees). From there it was history. And to say SSDF and SPM were not armed fucntions, waa iska hadal.. was fighting in Galkacyo with USC after they captured?

No the Galkacyo war was a whole different story when the USC attacked Galkacyo it turned into Clan battle Clan X versus clan b ssdf ceased to exist in 1984 after they surrendered.

There was no ssdf involved as a faction or ssdf fighting usc but a whole Clan battle took place.

SPM fought against Siyaad bare under the mercy of USC later they helped fight USC faction of caydiid against Ali Mahdi, and later they divided into different subclans factions which eventually led to their collapse.

Now I see it's hard to swallow the truth.Why is it difficult to acknowledge realty? you know this is not working for you, if anything it create more polarization & the will to stay separate.Why not just say, o.k, it was unfortunate & how we go from here..may be you find helping hand this way.Why keep repeating the same stuff from Mahdi to Shariff were saying all along(no Sl...we do this,we do that...nothing happened),you aware that didn't accomplish anything...if I were you I would change the whole strategy....SUTI GAASHAAN doesn't work.Why you expect the status quo to be the same...see no evil, hear no evil.Seriously you people amaze me, and how on earth you think they trust or believe you when you'r in complete denial of all the things they know.It's been only 20yrs buddy;memory is fresh.

A_Khadar   

What is the SUTI GAASHAAN anyway? Here we're not debating about a solution to current issues but as the title of this topic is says that SNM was not planning to disunited from somalia or not. From your above statement, I have no clue what you alluding into.. Neither it's related to the topic nor to irrelevent last posts of the thread where the three of us ended up with which fuction so and so was armed/existed and so and so didn't...

Anway, this ain't going to nowhere so let us cease it.

Carafaat   

I spoke to several elders from diffrent clans who participated in the Buroa Conference in May 1991.

It was a Clan Conference of all the Northern Clans.

And one the participants from SSC region told me that they as SSC delegates were the biggest

supporters of the idea that Somaliland regained its independance. Because they were afraid of the USC/SNM

coalition creating its own Goverment and they as SSC would become marganalized. And with Somaliland

that coalition would definetly end.

He also tol me(confirmed by another Awdal elders who participated) that SNM was deeply divided on this issue,

and that actually the most leaders of the SNM opposed it while the younger ones supported it.

The Awdal eldere tolm me that they unanismouly supported the outcome of the meeting and to let everyone

they called up the BBC back in Borama to let everyone they still stand behind the outcome. Because some

of the SNM leaders who opposed the outcomes hoped that Awdal elders would oppose it later. So the Awdal elders

did the opposit and told the world they stand firm behind the outcome.

The history of Somaliland is quite interesting and a bit more complicated then those blinded by clan

think.

Abwaan   

A_Khadar;751025 wrote:
That was their publicly claims then, but looks that the Oday Siyaad (AUN) had a reliable sources about the group when he accussed them against that they want to divide somalia..

And do you think they would have waited until May 18th 1991 if that was the case. STILL NO PROOF FOR YOUR ASSUMPTION And even if they did plan to divide the country is this what they deserved?