Sign in to follow this  
Abwaan

Caddayn muhiim ah oo ku socota dadka ku dooda in SNM asal ahaanba ay rabtay inay dalka kala goyso

@Kadar....No . What you expect a dictator in decline?..no one really dicussed in earnest before that declaration in Burao in 91.It was right after Mahdi's speech.It is always good to write history correctly so it may be of use to you in later days.I know it doesn't sit well with a lot people, but what the heck there r holocaust deniers today that made jewish people radical more than eva before.Consequences of denying facts!

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;751036 wrote:
SNM came they did they left the stage

SNM intentions were very clear free the Somali people from the Dictator and than Come together and Talk but that didn't happen due to many factors and i don't want to get into that.

They than gave the keys to the People of Somaliland

I like how you saperate SNM militia and those who held the first conference in Burco started this project to take off and those still around.. Siilanyo and Kaahi are what? Are they not the fathers and guru of SNM.. Laakaaly wax kaloo lagaa qore..

@burahadeer, one could believe that, but the timing bviously indicates there was a hidden agenda for this project because they didn't even try to meet other somali fuctions..Bare fell end of Jan 91, and this project is announced May 18, just few months and those few months happened to be while SNM was still capturing some of the towns in Waqooyi.. As soon the gov's army is gone, they held the meeting pronounced this unattainable clanish project......

"They didn't even try to meet otha opposition"..I guess you didn't read my earlier post well.What brought the secession agenda so quick at the for front was the declaration Mahdi called himself president without even calling SNM or aknowledging they even exist by his speech" dagaaladii ka soo bilaamay gobolada dhex" LOL! You have to know mahdi throned himslv as soon as Barre left.SNM took ova the north first & was waiting Mogadishu, but one that moment came it left a bad taste in their mouth....repitition of the 60s;and they were not willing to accept that.

A_Khadar   

burahadeer;751042 wrote:
"They didn't even try to meet otha opposition"..I guess you didn't read my earlier post well.What brought the secession agenda so quick at the for front was the declaration Mahdi called himself president without even calling SNM or aknowledging they even exist by his speech" dagaaladii ka soo bilaamay gobolada dhex" LOL! You have to know mahdi throned himslv as soon as Barre left.SNM took ova the north first & was waiting Mogadishu, but one that moment came it left a bad taste in their mouth....repitition of the 60s;and they were not willing to accept that.

Awoowe, you have bits and pieces of this history. Mahdi didn't call a president by himself, but there was a conference in Jabuuti by somali functions. It was the first conf and attendees were all somali fuctions usc, ssdf, spm, etc.. I am not sure if snm attended or not. There was where Mahdi is selected to be the president. Was it right or wrong, I don't know. Plus SNM didn't take over North until after Mogadishu was taken over and Bare left from Mogadishu to Kismanyo.. Anyway, the point is, I don't think there was any consideration to wait and see what happens in South by SNM. They declared this diverce right away.

Then why aideed & mahdi start fighting!!! This group you talking about was left behind by siyad.SSDF was not a factor at that moment, it didn't even exist as a force,& there was no spm or usc headed by aideed in that meeting(thought was in Mog) .Ali Mahdi was a hotelier; How on earth he could end up in that position even if I go along with ur thesis.Please go back to history.I should admit though I have respect for you albeit you sometimes lose your facts.

Anyway I rest my case :D :D :D

President Siilaanyo wrote well drafted powershaing proposal and a new Chapter for the Somali republic( Somaliland and Somalia ) in march 1991 but it didn't came to it in April a delegation was send to Mogadishu and they came back empty handed all this time the Public of Somaliland was pushing for the right for self rule the SNM wanted a solution for the problem when they heard Ali mahdi unilaterally anounced him self as the President while not negotiation or even talking to the SNM or even briefing them about what he was about to do.That's when SNM sided with the people and allowed the people to express them selves and declare the republic of Somaliland on 18 may Based on the borders of prior 1960.

A_Khadar   

burahadeer;751052 wrote:
Then why aideed & mahdi start fighting!!! This group you talking about was left behind by siyad.SSDF was not a factor at that moment, it didn't even exist as a force;go back to history.I should admit though I have respect for you albeit you sometimes lose your facts.

Anyway I rest my case
:D

To answer you first question, Aideed was upset about Mahdi being nominated when he (Aidid) led USC and he should be the president. All the functions existed back then and they were all factors in the reconcilliation and attended the conferene. The farmous names were "Manifest, Sulux etc..". Do some research about that conference and you should be able to find facts about.

A_Khadar   

Xaaji Xunjuf;751053 wrote:
President Siilaanyo wrote well drafted powershaing proposal and a new Chapter for the Somali republic( Somaliland and Somalia ) in march 1991 but it didn't came to it in April a delegation was send to Mogadishu and they came back empty handed all this time the Public of Somaliland was pushing for the right for self rule the SNM wanted a solution for the problem when they heard Ali mahdi unilaterally anounced him self as the President while not negotiation or even talking to the SNM or even briefing them about what he was about to do.That's when SNM sided with the people and allowed the people to express them selves and declare the republic of Somaliland on 18 may Based on the borders of prior 1960.

;)

Who's proposal was it? Late Cigaal or Siilaanyo.. I am sure you're talking about that same proposal of Cigaal's once posted in this forum.. If you were talking about that same one, that wasn't somalis' future proposal rather it was clan/fucntion alliance between USC and SNM.

Manifesto was left behind by Barre to deny aideed or snm the power; his nemesis.Please try to consult with older,open minded people you can trust...they might clear better for you..just suggestion.

Well A khadar the USC and the SNM were the only Armed factions that existed the somali national army was non exist at that time it was the best solution. I am not sure about Cigaal it was Siilaanyo. Cigaal was not involved in the Armed Factions. SNM did what it could and when finished their job they became civilians of the republic.

A_Khadar   

@XX, you are right, Siilanyo proposed the power sharing of SNM and USC, a mere clanish agenda.. Here is the orignal letter

http://www.wardheernews.com/Articles_2010/October/Ahmed_Silanyo/Proposal_to_SNM.pdf.. So your earlier post about Siilanyo had in mind a good relationship with somalia and somaliland is null awoowe.. read through agian..

@bura, I have no time now to pull the relevent info about Manifest, Sulux and the said first Jabuti conference, but if you do, search it.. No need to ask someone, it's all out there.. Manifest group suggested Bare to leave the power FYI.

I don't really see any hope there be one somalia again.Denying major facts is the first obstacle to it.Do you really think you take a pen & a pad, go to hargeisa with these kind stories(& probably more astonishing ones) & expect thm to sit down & listen wat you have to say.Good luck.

Nice talking to you my friend, atleast it been classy.

A khadar there was no other Clan faction in Somalia to deal with other than the USC at that time there is nothing Clanish about that and it would have been a transitional formula so i don't see a problem.

A_Khadar   

Lol.. You have a point there and can't agree with you more..

To have talk and possibly come to agreement with people stuffed in hate and unexisting project for the last 20 years is dounting task.. NO I am not expecting it, but my point is:

1. SNM may had this hidden Agenda all alone and late Bare spotted rightly or wrongly..