Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The Reality about Somaliland and Somalia

Thankful   

Carafaat;749445 wrote:
People from Mogadishu will never forget those dark days when Abdullahi Yusuf (with many here chearleaders celebrating) brougth 30.000 Ethiopian troops and sluaghtered innocent people and destroyed the city which was back then just pacified by the Islamic Courts under the leadership of the current Sheick Shariif. Who is again rebuilding and pacifying the city destroyed by Abdullahi Yussuf and Ethiopians, who paved the road for Al Shabaab.

Really? First Al Shabaab is on the run and all its fighters - and more importantly its leadership - is out of Mogadishu.

Also, It seems that President Sharif is quite popular in the eye's of the people of Mogadishu and he has made - and continues to make - numerous trips to Ethiopia. If the people were so against Ethiopia why are they supporting President Sharif when he is a close ally with Ethiopia? So thinking logically, if Ethiopians allegedly slaughtered people then how could President Sharif still remain in power after meeting with Meles?

It can't be both ways. If Abdullahi Yusuf brought Ethiopians and so-called war crimes took place, then any leader after this who considers Ethiopia an ally would not be popular in Mogadishu like Sharif.

Carafaat   

Are you denying Abdullahi Yusuf and the Ethiopians slaughtered people in Moqadishu?

Sheick Shariif was the one who kicked them out of Moqadishu, dont try to rewrite history.

Waa la ogyahay meeshu Abdullahi Yusuf iyo kuwii tageeray ka galeen.

Thankful   

That's exactly what I am saying!

If President Sharif kicked them out then why has he made countless trips to visit Meles? The same man you are claiming slaughtered people.

It just doesn't make sense.

The people that slaughtered civilians was the ICU who are now the leaders of Al Shabaab. It is this group that dressed as civilians and attacked people.

Instead of staying in Mogadishu after they pacified it, they immediately tried to spread throughout peaceful lands.

All that is neither here nor there. Like I said Somalia had far darker days then right now and your secessionists were unable to gather any positive developments on your recognition front.

You have missed your opportunity!

The Zack   

Thankful, with all due respect, please don't try to deny the atrocities the xabashis committed in Xamar with Yusuf's request. I know this Carafaat dude brought that up to hijack the topic at hand but it is not acceptable to deny that crime against humanity. My three pennies.

Thankful   

I truly believe that the ICU and Al Shabaab's were the one's that committed the majority of atrocities; and I know that many others feel this way too. They came to the gates of Puntland and wanted to wage war. I see them as the aggressor's that had to be stopped, why did they need to spread? Ethiopian never and would never have come had these two groups not decided to force their views on others.

It's quite obvious why people blame Abdulahi Yusuf but remain silent when President Sharif meets with the so called war criminal meles every other day.

In terms of history? Well, we all know very well that the human rights abuse's that were caused by fellow Somalis during the earlier stages of the civil war were beyond belief and the death toll was by far the highest.

However, you are correct the thread as been hijacked and this has nothing to do with it.

Thankful   

Like I said I agree.

The reality is that if the secessionists were unable to gain any ground on their hopeless recognition experiment when the TFG wasn't even in the country. Then they will never be able to when the TFG is controlling more and more ground and having world leaders visit.

No one can subjugate no one,it's been true thru out somali civil war.Shabab consists of minority clans taking revenge on large ones.It won't change balance of power as far as SL is concerned if sharif comes out stronger & recognized by rest of world.If they can't come together,that's the way it going to be.Remember Siyad had more than 60 embassies,largest army in black africa & all the money.Rest this case & follow down the road!

Thankful   

No actually Bill Cliton named "Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya and Somalia" numerous times. The only time he mentioned NW Somalia is when he was thanking and quoting stats from the "Interional Medical Corps."

If you look at the International Medical corps (IMC) website you can clearly see what they think of your enclave and that it is under Somalia.

Somalia: Nutrition in Somaliland

In Somaliland, International Medical Corps with support from UNICEF is implementing an emergency nutrition program in Sool and Sanaag regions to mitigate the effects of drought and improve the nutrition status of children under the age of five. Our local teams reach severely malnourished children with lifesaving nutrition interventions and pregnant and lactating mothers with micronutrient supplementation tablets. The program also includes health and nutrition education including emphasizing the importance of breastfeeding and healthy hygiene and sanitation practices.

http://internationalmedicalcorps.org/page.aspx?pid=1391

Bill Clinton is reading from a paper with stats from the IMC (which considers NW Somalia as a part of Somalia) and he only named your enclave that one time but the other real countries more then once.

Thankful   

JB, I hope you laugh as much in real life like you do in every post. Because in all seriousness that is definitely a excellent trait to have!