Sign in to follow this  
Somalina

Mogadshu: Aqoon la'aan waa iftin la'aan

Abwaan   

great pictures...thanks for the update Somalina! I feel like those kids in order to boost their morale. I don't even know a single one them but I see them as our future leaders insha Allaah. Alxamdulillah and I am glad that the Turkish government gave them an opportunity for a bright future.

These kids look too young. I guess they are doing high school or college but not attending University courses.

It always nice to be grateful, and I am. However it would've been better had all these scholarships been allocated to higher education students or polytechnic or at least skills based training.

Somalina   

Somali students to receive training in Turkey

Thursday, 02 February 2012

somali.gif

By STAFF

Turkey's ambassador to Somalia has announced that Turkey plans to extend its educational outreach programs to his famine-stricken country.

Ambassador Cemalettin Kani Torun held a press conference at the Turkish embassy in Mogadishu at which he announced joint plans by the Turkish Education Ministry and the Directorate of Religious Affairs to oversee the education of 650 students and 50 religious officials from Somalia in Turkey.

According to the Anatolia news agency, Torun indicated that the public administration, education and health institutions of Somalia are not be able to sufficiently train Somalia's future leaders due to a civil war that has crippled the country for 21 years.

Source: Today's Zaman

Its good project, Well done Turkey.

But my concern is are these student from all over Somalia ? and what criteria has been used to select these students?

Abwaan   

Maasha Allaah... Heybadda ubadkan ka muuqata. For many years kuwo la mid ah oo qori iyo qaad sita ayaa na waalay masawirradooda hadda waa wax lagu farxo Ilaahna looga mahdiyaa looguna dabbaal-degaa inay hayaan waddadii Madaxdii berrito (Insha Allaah) ay ku noqon lahaayeen....Thanks Somalina!