Sign in to follow this  
somalee

Of somalis, and their accents.

somalee   

Don't know if anyone else shares this opinion but I find northern (waqooyi) accent masculine and the eastern (bari) accent sounds very feminine to me.

A heavy northern accent doesn't go well with ladies + it's somewhat odd when a man speaks with an eastern accent.

Words like ''Ba'aa'' especially sound very feminine.

What do you think?

somalee   

oba hiloowlow;745178 wrote:
Loooool@ the thread

Why exactly? It's not solworthy, the thread. I'm new to this place, you know.

Wadhyeeee, meeshan or should i say Meejaney, reer bari baa ka buuxo, ee balse watch what you say,Boowe. :D

My favorite accent i think is the different variations of the OG accent. Those,of northern Kenyan, the Galtis(as we call em), and those of Southern Som. I also, find the deep Southern xeey tiri xuu yiri accent extremely entertaining.

anyway, Juma Kareem

Baashi   

Gents with waqooyi accent the door is wide open :) Somalee has put her cards on the table :)

Somalee baayo "war ba'a" is a Mudug talk.

Aaliyyah   

first of all it is not an accent but a dialect. Secondly, I don't find southern dialect feminine but rather romantic..abayo macaanto..aboowe..it is lovely!!..on the other hand, our northern dialect isn't as friendly as the southern one..waryaahee..nayahee.and so on and so forth..

salaam

Che -Guevara;745258 wrote:
Nothing beats accent...funny to the bone. Reer Mudug and Waqooyi accents are just obnoxious.

Absolutely. Those guys,and the other variations are just straight hilarious. I find rer woqoyi funny as well...those guys are just naturally funny.