Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

Yaa Jamaaca when is the Eid - 2011?

A_Khadar   

The Fiqh Council of North America Announces Clarifications on Eid: Eidul Fitr on Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Monday, August 29, 2011

Doubts have been raised by some about the decision of the Fiqh Council of North America and the European Council of Fatwa and Research about the date of Eidul Fitr this year on August 30, 2011. Following are some clarifications from the Fiqh Council of North America.

1 - The Fiqh Council of North America recognizes astronomical calculation as an acceptable Shar’i method for determining the beginning of Lunar months including the months of Ramadan and Shawwal. FCNA uses Makkah al-Mukarram as a conventional point and takes the position that the conjunction must take place before sunset in Makkah and moon must set after sunset in Makkah.

2 - The Astronomical New Moon is on August 29, 2011 (Monday) at 3:04 Universal Time (6:04 a.m. Makkah time). On Monday, August 29, sunset at Makkah is 6:40 p.m. local time, while moonset is at 6:44 pm local time.

3 - It is claimed that the new moon will not be visible on August 29 anywhere in the world. This information is not correct.

4 - In United States the birth of Astronomical new moon is on August 28, 2011 (Sunday) at 11:04 p.m. (New York), at 8:04 p.m. (California) and 5:04 p.m. (Hawaii).

5 - On Monday, August 29, the Crescent will set 13 minutes after sunset in San Diego, California and 28 minutes after sunset in Honolulu, Hawaii.

On Monday, August 29 the Crescent should be visible in Hawaii by binoculars and telescope and in South America by naked eye.

The Shawwal Crescent of Monday, August 29 is acceptable according to Shari’ah for those who recognize the Global sighting as it is also acceptable according to the criteria adopted by the Fiqh Council of North America.

Eidul Fitr is on Tuesday, August 30, 2011. Eid Mubarak and best wishes for a blessed Eid with peace and harmony among all.

Source: Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)

Aaliyyah   

Eid mubarak Solers, I hope you have a blessed one with your loved ones..I can't believe RAMADAN ended, and I dont feel like I took full advantage of it..alle ha nugu simo ta so socota..

salaam

Malika   

^Insha'allah - Amiin. May Allah answer our duas, accept our fast and prayers...Amiin

Eid Mubarak all!

chubacka   

Eid Mubarak SOLers wherever you may be. May Allah accept our Ramadhan, forgive us for our shortcomings, keep us steadfast upon the right path, grant us Jannah with Rasoolullah(SAW) and allow us to witness Ramadhan again next year. Ameen.

Have a good one iA, don't overdose on anything!

Ciid wanaagsan reel SOL. Kulu Caam Wa Antum Bi khayr. May Allah accept our fast and prayers. Amiin.

My new dirac & Shalmad are ready for the Masjid tomorrow I'A. As the only black Muslimah in town, I must represent!

[Edit] Amiiiiiin! @ Chubacka.

chubacka   

Khadar, especially Xalwo, my friend was saying today that she cnt look at xalwo for at least a month after ciid as she scoffs so much of it on the day.

Val, go represent sister! Jst hope its not raining tomorrow iA.

Aaliyyah   

Val you are wearing dirac to the mosque, I dont know but I find wearing diracs annoying, khaati alle ba ka joog when I go to weddings..saan maanto dhan tafta u galinayo - or maybe Im not used to one lol..

Anyways, I prefer wearing dresses on important occasions.

Eid mubarak once again.

salaam

Garnaqsi   

nuune;743346 wrote:
Mine is Friday, kolleey Dariiqadaan ku xirnahey waxey dhaheen waa Jamcada Inshaa Allaaj

What? Where do you live, Iran?