Sign in to follow this  
A_Khadar

Yaa Jamaaca when is the Eid - 2011?

Nina Fox   

I was anticipating a very low-key Eid this year, because of the situation in Somalia. But I find the more I resist jumping in the streets, flying off the balcony (as I do), the more people are aggressively bringing me their joy and happiness at the rate of sanka la iska galinooyaa yaab. Didn't want to go get Henna, my older sister announced that she has asked the woman to come to our home. Didn't wanna get my hair done, my lil sister makes an appointment @ the Salon. Was so against getting a a new outfit, but mother dearest gifts me with a scrumptiolicious Dirac which has the most ardent dirac hater like me gushing. Did not make plans to go out (had a date with myself, a pint of Haagen Daz and 16 movies I downloaded habeen dhoweetoole) but my friend said she is kidnapping me for the evening for some surprise.....:confused:

War heedhe ma anigaa waalan mise Uzbekistan aa laga gabyooyaaa. They are all claiming that all this is apparently very much at no cost to me. So I decided to suck it up and "pretend" to enjoy myself as this is my first Eid with my family in the last 4 yrs. I refuse to be a wet blanket. Everyone in my family is either high on something or are genuinely in a good mood.

Im sure horta Juxa has Xalwo in her possession and Lily has a 3 tier Forest Gatteau stashed somewhere.....:) (Wax ii reeba bal aan idin duceeyeee). So what is everyone upto? Whatever you are doing, make sure you have fun. :)

Eid Mubarak to y'all and your families

nuune   

^^ Allaahu Akbar Nina Fox, sidaad iigu gabatey lee, hada leenba ku fahmey qofyahey waxaa is qarsibo, maadaama aa iska key qarsisey waxaan rabaa xaal kuusanoo ku dhax jiro yaanyuur baalkeed, haye hee, Ciid Mubaarak abaayadiis karroon, ha ila yaabin maskaxdeyda Tanag ay iska noqotey smileys.gif

Garnaqsi, no I don't live in Iran, but some people were celebrating Eid today, so no surprise on mine being Friday, Eid Mubarak to you too if you celebrate Eid and were fasting Ramadan, I am not implying you were not fasting, but most Solers here do believe you have somethi against Islam, so until you clear your position on Islam, we will have these doubts about you even if you pray 7 times a day(added 2 there since you are a Budha)

Garnaqsi   

nuune;743360 wrote:
Garnaqsi
, no I don't live in Iran, but some people were celebrating Eid today, so no surprise on mine being Friday, Eid Mubarak to you too if you celebrate Eid and were fasting Ramadan, I am not implying you were not fasting, but most Solers here do believe you have somethi against Islam, so until you clear your position on Islam, we will have these doubts about you even if you pray 7 times a day(added 2 there since you are a Budha)

Haha! I like your sense of humour. To be honest, I don't think most Solers think that. But I honestly have no idea how some people got the impression that I've something against Islam. I've nothing against it nor, in fact, any other faith for that matter. And of course, I'll be celebrating Eid tomorrow, singing 'waa maalin ciidoo, cirkeeniyo dhulkeenaba, laga wada ciyaaree/lagu caana maalee.' :]

nuune;743360 wrote:
Garnaqsi
, no I don't live in Iran, but some people were celebrating Eid today, so no surprise on mine being Friday, Eid Mubarak to you too if you celebrate Eid and were fasting Ramadan, I am not implying you were not fasting, but most Solers here do believe you have somethi against Islam, so until you clear your position on Islam, we will have these doubts about you even if you pray 7 times a day(added 2 there since you are a Budha)

Afkaada caana lagu qabay sxb. Wixi an dhihi lahaa camal umbaadbo isha katuurta nuune ilaahi amarkiii

Calashan winbo yabanahaa camal

War ninyahow nuune wadba igu banantahay sxb

Ciid mubarak reer sol

nuune;743346 wrote:
Mine is Friday, kolleey Dariiqadaan ku xirnahey waxey dhaheen waa Jamcada Inshaa Allaaj

A happy early Ciid wanaagsan, xaaji.

Mine too waa Axadda soo socoto, Eebba ha idmee. Marka waa inoo Axadda dambe iyo xalwada iyo buskudka iyo shushumoowga iyo qumbaha iyo icunka iyo sisinta iyo caano baraawaha.

Showqi   

Ciid wanaagsan reer Sol. Illaahay bisha barakeysan camalkeda ha inaga wada aqbalo dhamaanteen, Kullu caam wa antum bikheyr.

Malika   

nuune iyo MMA dont live in this planet miya? maxaa ciid idhii kaa dige different from the rest of the Ummah?

My Eid today, has been exceptionally quite...tragically quite..lol.

Malika, maxaa, don't worry, booqasho u joognaa this wonderful planet.

First Ciid in Afrika in 15 years ahayd, and I was really looking forward to it, sadly I got soooooo tired in around 12 pm that I needed a little nap. Let's just say the little nap inay hurdo dheer isku badashay that I missed a lot of folks to see. Sad. Sad. Sad.

Malika   

^ lol, saas ii dhe! there I was thinking you have joined nuune on planet nuune..lol

Same here, got back from Eid prayers and thought to take a nap. Only to wake up couple of hours later ..bahaal caajiis naa ii sarnatee, so didnt go out to do my usual Eid greetings[more so eating]..lol

Ciid mubaarak, taqaballah mina wa minkum;

So do you organise a mini party for the kids and their cousins as mum did it for us mothers and fathers of SOL?

this is one of the rare occasions one can easily reunite the family,which we took very seriously (and this may explains my "leftist/people first" as it's hard to not empathise with others if one consider family/entourage as most important);

our biggest gift as kids was joining or having one or few of habo's children staying with us, which was even more endearing than the Megadrive and other games (else, even holiday travels seemed bland).

Even now as grown-up men, these memories of past follies and shared experiences bind us and energizes me more than anything else when my cousin visit me...

Malika   

^Yep - we do in my family, bring all the kids together - they organise themselves according to age groups and gender plus what activities they want to do. The little ones ofcourse need supervision, so those with the youngest children in the family end up doing that...Evening is for the ladies of the family, either the party is at one of the homes or out in town- as the men of the family are off to pay visit to their supplier[khat merchants]..lol. So yes, Eid tends to be one huge get together, laughter and joy all around! We leave the family bickering out side the gates on that day.