Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Turkey: Adopting Somali children

UZTAAD   

It is also important to note that in Islam, the extended family network is vast and very strong. It is rare for a child to be completely orphaned, without a single family member to care for him or her. Islam places a great emphasis on the ties of kinship -- a completely abandoned child is practically unheard of. Islamic law would place an emphasis on locating a relative to care for the child, before allowing someone outside of the family, much less the community or country, to adopt and remove the child from his or her familial, cultural, and religious roots. This is especially important during times of war, famine, or economic crisis -- when families may be temporarily uprooted or divided.

Som@li   

It is better for these kids to be in a place where they get three meals a day, and proper childhood, better than the not sh!t hole with no future if they make it thru famine/war.

N.O.R.F   

Yes. Let the kids go to Turkey. There is no vetting process. There is no way of knowing who will take them or their rights when they're there but its obviously good for them..........

Malika   

^ Norf , apparently safeguarding is an indulgency in the circumstances. :[

Naxar, walaal - its a sour pill to swallow perhaps in my part. I know far too well, the well being of the children is paramount, squaring three meals, security, shelter out weight the cultural or even intellectual needs at this stage...I am just heart broken that it had to get to this - today Somali children had to be auctioned as 'available' because we have failed them.

ps.There are no gurantees that if adopted their lives will be better, then if they were on the streets of Mogadishu. I know, I know...weak argument under the circumstances...a sour pill to swallow I must say!

I believe a child is better with their parents despite their conditions - there is something unique a child feels/gets when they are with their birth mother..no amount of pampering from another individual fills that void. I say, help the parents - help their children. Ok, I am mumbling.

Abdul   

UZTAAD;743394 wrote:
It is also important to note that in Islam, the extended family network is vast and very strong. It is rare for a child to be completely orphaned, without a single family member to care for him or her. Islam places a great emphasis on the ties of kinship -- a completely abandoned child is practically unheard of. Islamic law would place an emphasis on locating a relative to care for the child, before allowing someone outside of the family, much less the community or country, to adopt and remove the child from his or her familial, cultural, and religious roots. This is especially important during times of war, famine, or economic crisis -- when families may be temporarily uprooted or divided.

Well said brother.

turkey is full of secular european wannabe muslims who drink khamro and hate islam. wallahi i hope no kid gets adopted by them. or if they do, they go to muslim family where the mother wears hijaabs and pray.

Som@li   

Malika;743430 wrote:
^ Norf , apparently safeguarding is an indulgency in the circumstances. :[

Naxar, walaal - its a sour pill to swallow perhaps in my part. I know far too well, the well being of the children is paramount, squaring three meals, security, shelter out weight the cultural or even intellectual needs at this stage...I am just heart broken that it had to get to this - today Somali children had to be auctioned as 'available' because we have failed them.

ps.There are no gurantees that if adopted their lives will be better, then if they were on the streets of Mogadishu. I know, I know...weak argument under the circumstances...a sour pill to swallow I must say!

I believe a child is better with their parents despite their conditions - there is something unique a child feels/gets when they are with their birth mother..no amount of pampering from another individual fills that void. I say, help the parents - help their children. Ok, I am mumbling.

Does that mean staying with parents is better even if you face starvation? It is one thing to make sure that there is a proper system to protect these kids, but I wish them luck, and hope they find very speedy adoption process. Turkey is rich country.

adoption is fine if they find good family but who guarantees they don't fall into the hands of criminals/abusers/pedophiles etc.I think the best could be done is open orphanage boarding schools which is not really expensive.For 10,000 kids X $ 100= $ 1,000,000 a month( 1 million for 10,000 kids) and actually be less when they have same kitchen like most schools.That could be paid easy....and I doubt there r that many kids.For 10 yrs=120 million.....and hopefully won't be needed much longer.

Any of those countries like gulf states , turkey or others will be eager to pay.It will be a pandora's box if we start adoption now---very soon you will see children stolen & sold in black market.There r cases I heard,don't know true.

The psycological scars r worse in later life when children early on know they adopted..which is ofc obvious to them by difference of color of skin.

Alderman   

Axmed-InaJaad;743447 wrote:
turkey is full of secular european wannabe muslims who drink khamro and hate islam. wallahi i hope no kid gets adopted by them. or if they do, they go to muslim family where the mother wears hijaabs and pray.

What is wrong with drinking beer and Secularism?

NGONGE   

Can just imagine a bored Turkish family feeling bored and thinking of ways to brighten their lives. Oh yes! Adopt a Somali kid. :D

On a serious note, good on Turkey or any other place that views the suffering of those kids and decides to step in and save them.