Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somali TFG defence Minister Xuseen Carab Mobilizes Military forces+PICTURES.

How does anyone become a minister in Somalia? Waa la iska siiyaa.

Those soldiers all seem awfully young. What's the likelihood that most were born post-1990?

Abdul   

He doesnt look like somebody with experience just by looking at the pictures.This position requires somebody with military background who can tame these former clan fighters and turn them into real army.

A_Khadar   

Carafaat;742673 wrote:
Xaaji, Are you saying this guy has no political or military experience? And that he doesnt have any power base or a constituency in Somalia?

How did this guy became Minister of Defense?

A_Khadar   

Valenteenah.;742677 wrote:
How does anyone become a minister in Somalia? Waa la iska siiyaa.

Those soldiers all seem awfully young. What's the likelihood that most were born post-1990?

Thanks for re-assuring me that I am not way too old..lol.. My memory seems right back then soldiers were older than these new found soldiers... even though that is only true in Mogadshu..

Carafaat   

A_Khadar;742684 wrote:

Does 4.5 mean you should not have any qualification or experience? Are you saying that there isnt a more qualified or experienced person from Dhirta Waqooyi?

New kid on the block. Good choice. Young and western-educated. At this point, the defence ministry needs an administrator rather than an old soldier. His success or failure, to large extent, to rebuild the army, depends on his commitment to equitably distribute resources available to the soldiers. T o get the soldiers get paid on the time, he must make concrete steps to show the old boys that he is totally against the culture of corruption and stealing. I hope he hires very good accountants.

A_Khadar   

Carafaat;742693 wrote:
Does 4.5 mean you should not have any qualification or experience? Are you saying that there isnt a more qualified or experienced person from Dhirta Waqooyi?

I was more referring to the post not him personally.. But probably he could only be the one they found who is new not old crew and accepting the position.. who knows but the 4.5 point is more the post in case who would be name to different post that is less dramatic..

Abdul   

To rebuild the somali army, you need more than a young man who grew up in the west educated or not.Its not about money.Its something much more complex than that.

Gaashaan   

Xaaji Xunjuf;742652 wrote:
Well i can tell you that he has no Military background he studied Medical laboratory Science.This lad basically grew up in the west and came to the west as a teenager with his Family with 3 of his sisters and brother and Mother since their father died Long time ago.

Subxaana laah, xaaji sidee kaa noqotay his father is alive and he lives in MN, I had a dinner a one night before his son becomes the minister of defense,,,,the father is a very good man with full of Somalinimo and a good hope of Somaliwayn.