Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Premier League 2011/12

Oz   

NGONGE;743790 wrote:
^^^ Fourth? I'm telling you that we'll win the league and you talk to me about fourth? caarada iska masax warya, aduunko wuu is badalay.

You certainly have some things in your favour.

Owners willing to back the manager, and have allowed him to buy the players he wants rather than the signing the fans may necessarily have wanted.

A manager in Dogleash that the fans actually want and idolise also makes a big difference, as he can get on and do the job he needs to do. (i.e. not many fans having a pop at him over the loaning of Aquillani, whereas last year it was all doom and gloom). Also a manager with a winning pedigree helps.

A better squad of players (more balanced) and an inform, injury free striker for once.

But most importantly for the scousers, is the complete lack of any distractions in Europe, this will be the biggest help to them getting a top 4 finish. Arsenal and Spurs will have to stretch their squads to the limit should they progress in either European Competition.

Spurs, Arsenal, United, Citeh and us could in theory have to play anywhere from 6 to a possible 27 more games depending on FA, League Cup runs.

Liverpool I would say are more nailed on for 4th place than many would have you believe, and any sort of run of form could take them further.

Ps: Don't think you would be anywhere near as impressive without Suarez though. Hats off to King Kenneth though. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Suarez is the jewel in our crown but a crown it still is. :D

It's not Suarez alone though. It's the entire team that Dalglish is building, saaxib. Could you say that Bellamy is a lazy striker? How about Suarez? Kuyt? Lucas? Gerrard? Downing? Enrique?

Do you notice the trend now! Dalglish is building a team that can run, press, pester and bully other teams into submission. This is why I believe we're going to win the title this season (but, of course, no Europe also helps).

Oz   

NG: Liverpol for the title? Caadi iska dhig sxb, not for me. But they're definitely heading the right way. Every side that has won the title except Arsenal in 2004 have had a solid brittish spine in their first 11...

So i think Daglish has picked up on that and that is what he's trying to build. Man Utd, Man City have all strengthened and look good for the title. The football they are playing is unreal and can't see you past them two being in the top two come the end of the season.

Tuujiye   

Chelsea will beat MAN U in two weeks time and we will show the world our strength.. I like the fact that we are underdogs this year and I hope it goes on like this till next year lool....

Man City is the strongest team squad hadii la fiirinaayo laakiin Chelsea is the most experienced team and very solid in every possition.. I just think we should get a solid play maker in the transfer window.

Wareer Badanaa!!!!

Oz   

NGONGE;744416 wrote:
^^ Chelsea also played "unreal" football at the start of last season. Did they win the title?
:D

Lol Do you think you´re as good as united right now then?

Only areas Liverpool rival United is centre midfield for depth, United have more strength in depth when it comes to defenders, wingers and strikers plus I'd say generally their first choice in each being stronger too.

United still own Liverpool as their respective 8-2 and 2-0 wins over Arsenal showed quite explicitily. So is citeh hammering spurs 5-0

Chelsea did start well last season true, also they had an aging team right, do you see an aging team to the two I've mentioned?

Tuujiye, will be there competing with them but taking the title between the four teams, spurs and gunners are not.

NGONGE   

Oz;744610 wrote:
Lol Do you think you´re as good as united right now then?

Only areas Liverpool rival United is centre midfield for depth, United have more strength in depth when it comes to defenders, wingers and strikers plus I'd say generally their first choice in each being stronger too.

United still own Liverpool as their respective 8-2 and 2-0 wins over Arsenal showed quite explicitily. So is citeh hammering spurs 5-0

Chelsea did start well last season true, also they had an aging team right, do you see an aging team to the two I've mentioned?

Tuujiye, will be there competing with them but taking the title between the four teams, spurs and gunners are not.

I disagree on every count. :D

Our first eleven are as good as any of the top four. I would not swap our four strikers for any that United have, saaxib (Chelsea & City have better but do they gel?). Our defence is actually BETTER than United's who only have Vidic, Evra & Rio as the three experienced defenders. We have Carra, Skrtel & Agger (plus Coats, Kelly, Wilson). But our left and right backs are better than United's and we have more options in that area (as last season showed). I don't really need to mention the middle of the park or the keeper. ;)

United beating Arsenal by eight goals was a simple fluke. Add to that the fact that we played Arsenal away whilst United played them at home and the fact that the gunners had a better team against us than the one that played United. As for Spurs, we play them in two weeks time. Watch us go, saaxib.

p.s.

Under Dalglish, we have not lost to any of the top four teams (well, if you discount United in his first game back). That was when we didn't have the strength in depth that we have now. Open your eyes, saaxib. The reds are coming nooh.

Tuujiye, Chelsea have a better team than last season and should walk the league. But I am not sure that AVB was given enough time to work on this squad. Even worse, Roman's obsession with the CL may mess up your title challange.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, please don't say anymore. You're setting us up for a big fall. Remember what happened last time you made such predictions? :D

NGONGE   

^^ No I don't. When we the last time I said we'll win the league warya? I always believed that we'll finish fourth and though we didn't make it we were always very close. This is different. The KING is back.