Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

The Premier League 2011/12

NGONGE   

Only few more weeks before the new season begins. Of course, I don't expect to hear much from the Arsenal fans this year (what with thier recent problems and defection of main players). :D

Chelsea are probably the only team in the league that went out and bought themselves a manager (for 13 million) instead of buying much needed players.

United bought themselves a good prospect in Phil Jones and a little kid for a keeper (can't wait for him to play against Stoke :D).

City got themselves a sponsor. :D

Ahem...

Oz   

^^^^ you must be bored :D

Chelsea just signed potentially the best manager in the world.

Mourinho's successor but he plays a beautiful attacking style, i'd seriously put good money on Chelsea ripping EPL wide apart. I know he had a good side with Porto which went undefeated, but to do so well with a defence THAT bad is impressive. He has vast experience and he's done well with other clubs to prove his legitimacy.

If he brings over Hulk then Chelsea will be an unbelieveable team.

Ps: at the same time, he is a really talented young coach, but im not sure he should have done this so soon in his managerial career, Chelsea's team is talented but it is ageing and he will have to deliever instant success. :D

The Zack   

Chelsea need to bring in new middle fielders if they want to grasp that beautiful trophy. I hope this AVB dude doesn't get fired at the end of the season.

Arsenal are going down for sure and City are not real contenders (at least not yet) for the cup, it will be another Red Devils vs the Blues year.

N.O.R.F   

I love predictions :D

We need a proper no nonesense defender or 2 then we are sorted. We will challenge this year.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;734731 wrote:
I love predictions
:D

We need a proper no nonesense defender or 2 then we are sorted. We will challenge this year.

We actually don't need any defenders (but it would be nice to have more). Our problems have always been about breaking down the smaller teams not the big ones. This is why Dalglish went out and bought himself a shedload of midfielders. I mean you already know that we'll beat Chelsea (again) home and away, we'll beat United at home and away, we'll draw with Arsenal like we always do and we'll beat City. It's West Brom, Bolton and Norwich that usually worry me. This season, with Downing on the wing, Adam on the bench and Lucas spreading passes to Aqua or Stevie, I am more than sure that we'll walk all over the smaller teams (and if that does not work, Carroll alone will).

Oz, how could AVB have lots of exprience when the rascal is even younger than Norf? :P

Chelsea have the same team as last season and the same problems. They need someone in the middle and the left. They need to sort out their right back position and they need to fill the subs bench.

United also need to fix the middle too and their goalkeeper is still untested.

City (though it's Manchini's team) might actually do well.

N.O.R.F   

AVB is NOT younger than me :D

Chelsea have the same problems. Lampard can't run and their build up play is too slow (that will change if they get Luka).

Manure will buy Snieder.

Arsenal will lose it in Jan.

City will not be able to cope with the CL so might drop down a few places.

Spurs will go back to mediocraty when they sell Luka.

AYOUB   

NGONGE;734768 wrote:
we'll beat Chelsea (again) home and away, we'll beat United at home and away, we'll draw with Arsenal like we always do and we'll beat City. It's West Brom, Bolton and Norwich that usually worry me.

Sorry to bust your bubble but your mini-league this season is with Stoke and Sunderland.:)

NGONGE   

^^ You've been always trying to burst this so called bubble and were always proven wrong. I welcome your contribution. :D

Norf, even with the CL I still think City will be good. I also doubt if United will buy that Dutch guy (I'm not going to try to spell his name :D). But even if they do get him, where in hell will they fit him in? He's no Scholes, he's no Alonso and he only shines in a 4-3-2-1 (If Rooney is the lone striker it means the Mexican boy will be on the bench and if they both play then Rooney will be lost on the right). I actually hope United do get him, he'll only be another Veron or even worse Berbatov. :D