Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

1st of July - Union Day

Not Independence Day!

It should only be celebrated when there is a union to be celebrated.

Having said that - I believe the day should be commemorated albeit in moaning until its revival.

nuune   

Ilaah aan u towbad keeno, maalin loo dabaal dago iyo dullinimadaas Ilaah nama badin, ee aan diinta u noqono, oon iska dhaafno maalin hebel baan xorowney iyo maalin hebel baan midowney, illeen inagaa ibtilo aragney.

Nin weyn oo ku oranaya maalintaas waa maalintaan xornimo qaadaney, oo muxuu ahaa markii hore, dulli miyaa oo dadnimo iyo damiir aan laheyn, nin gafuur cas oo facaaga ah ayaa i gumeystey ma Af Soomaali baa waxaas, hadaadse sidaa dhahdey ood iska celisey maxaad u leedahey waan ka xoroobey, isagii unbaad magac iyo maamuus siineysaa un ood ammaan iyo abaalmarin la daba ordeysaa, war xageen aadnaa, meel kasta dadkii oo dhan hadey leeyihiin maalin hebel waa maalintii aan xornimo qaadaney, maalmihii kale se maxaa ku dhacey, miyeysan aheyn ama mudneyn in ayaguna almiino saas oo kale loo xuso hadiiba dullinimo darteed maalin hebel loo xusayo, xageen u cararnaa marka hadaan meel kasta af cas buurya jawaan leh aan la daba taaganahey wuu na soo guumeestey.

NASSIR   

Happy Independence Day SOMALIA.

We should celebrate both June 26th and July 1st in good and bad times though the latter marks the date when the North and South re-united to form the Somali Republic.

-Lily-   

Like I said before, I don’t see why July 1st has anything to do with the current situation in Somalia. It is about those before us who fought for a return to independence & freedom. What later generations choose to do with it is up to them. It means different things to different people. It might just be an excuse to party for some.

NASSIR;731474 wrote:
Happy Independence
Day SOMALIA.

We should celebrate both June 26th and July 1st in good and bad times though the latter marks the date when the North and South re-united to form the Somali Republic.

This much is clear - There is nothing to be really be happy about and neither are we Independent at the moment.

NGONGE;731475 wrote:
Celebrate, remember or lament, the idea seems to be "wax ka sheeg uun".

and what is your idea - forget it all together?