Sign in to follow this  
Aaliyyah

I don't want a guy who needs to be fixed by Jessica Downey

Taleexi   

Thanks KK - You feel my sentiments. Tan yar xaaraan uun baa ka soo horaysa il jebiskii iyo salaantii macaanayd bayba ciriiri gelisay lol ...

Abwaan: Ha i kashifin gabdhuhu ragga qaadka ruuga ee weliba alaabaha khatarta ah qaaciya bay ka helaane - ma doonayo in lay moodo inaan balwad la'aan ahay.

Abwaan   

Kool_Kat;731044 wrote:
Bal Aaliyaay, if I may ask, why would you prefer a guy who lives alone rather than the one who still lives at home?

KK....Cakuye qof aan sidaada oo kale ahayn oo aan gudbin the wisdom uu dhaqankeennu xambaarsan yahay!

Blessed   

Dhaqankeena places strong emphasis on family and to me a guy who chooses to live with his parents is a family orientated sort of man which is what you want. I don't know how living on your own prepares you for life with another? Living with my family has taught me a lot about tolerance, sabr and balancing life, work and family.

Aaliyyah   

Aaliyah, adi horta "haram" maxaa ugu boodaa? Naga daa dee! Someone coming to visit you doesn't have to be wax xun hadaad kaligaa dagan tahay..

I don't think it is decent or islamic to have a guy over at your house when a girl lives alone. You know the prophet csw said, "Whenever a man is alone with a woman the Devil makes a third." this is not something im getting from my own pocket so lets not mix culture and religion. If a girl wants to invite a guy at her parents' house at the present of her parents/siblings..thats understood. Anyways, I am not saying ppl should follow this..but I will abide by this! and I am only responsible for mee...

Women, Somali women specially, should experience to live alone before they get married...From dear parents' home to marriage dhibaato weyn beey dad badan ukeentay...Nimankana waa iney iyagana kaligood dagaan, oo nololshoodu dhistaan si gooni ah, away from parents/siblings...Ka carara kii idin yiraahdo "lacag baan ku aruursan"! Waligeedna lacagta ma ururto, isagana meel uma dhaqaaqo...

looooooool exactly we are on the same page..My mom said lacag buu uruursanaya bt im like a dude who is 27 who still lives with his parents is a big no-no for me! at least we agreed on this koolkat lol..

Blessed,you are right that when a guy who lives with his parents can be family oriented, but seriously what will deferentiate whether he is family oriented or a mama's boi lol...most likely most somali guys who live with their parents fall on the latter category! or maybe I'm generalizing a little..either way I like kool kat's moto "ka carara ki dhaha lacag baan uruursanaya"...anuu waxan ku dari laha uun "ila so socodsii markaad uruursatid oo kaliga dagtid" lmao..

p.s Koolkat you answered the question u posted abt why I prefer a guy who lives alone when you said ka carara mid dhaha lacag baan uruursanaya that really sums it up :D

Aaliyyah   

lol...Aaliyah. Kani qaad ma ruugo anigaa kaa huba ee bal cillad kale u raadi! I think guubaabo ayay ka ahayd oo ah meesha ka xeroo hooyo ha soo agtaagnaane! lol

Lol Abwaan...si khaldan ayuu ila taliyay. Si toosa in uu i dhoho bay aheed mesha ka kac..looool

tan kale alle qaad ma cunsiiyo. I was joking abt that...

Aaliyyah   

I don't know how living on your own prepares you for life with another? Living with my family has taught me a lot about tolerance, sabr and balancing life, work and family.

Blessed, I always realize after answering a post that I didn't answer the other part lol...

so let me answer it now...

I agree that living with ur family teaches you a lot. On a day to day basis, I am cooking for my family..I am doing the house chores..doing homework with my little sister.. Advicing my sisters and brothers abt whatever thats they are confronting with their life. Subhanalah there is no better preparation than family. At the same time, when my parents are paying all the bills and you know makin most of the decision around the house (Even though they do consult me) it is still not the same as taking care of yourself. So, I believe in the idea like koolkat posted that someone needs to live alone at least for a while a year or two ..and i dnt just mean paying the bills but taking responsibility for everything that happens in your life. Rather than running to ur mama or dad and what not...at least that's my perspective on this issue..

saan umaagayo wilasha o u leeyahay it is not good being a mama's boi, it is the same..it is not cool being mama's little girl...and then what happens when you get married and u have to make all these decision that u never did before lol...u would expect ur spouse to fill that shoes somaha..wa sida lo dhoho mama's boi iska jira..wuxu raba xaas hoyadii oo kale ah lmao..waxaasna waa mustaxiil. Not possible

haye im yapping too much..

salaam

Aaliyyah   

lol maya aduu dan kale baad ka leedahay..

we believe in living alone for a while to grow up and learn how to be responsible and self sufficient.....while aduu mid aad boqatid baad radinasa. Khyr ma lihid. LOL

Blessed   

What do you mean by mummys boi? I think being close to you hooyo is honourable, it's certainlt nothing to hold against a man. I had a neighbour who not only lived with his mum sida gabdhaha ayuu u caawin jirey, cooking, cleaning, shopping. He was good looking too, so every girl in the xaafad wey ku ducaysan jirtay. Lol. I believe that a man will treat his wife as he treats his mum and sisters.

I'm big on family, so I can't see how I can grow without them. I guess we're different in outlooks. We had to pay bills and support family back home at hooyo and aabos - so I was never financially dependent until I got married.

Aaliyyah   

In fact if I might add...if a man is serious about a girl he would prefer visiting her at her family's house so he can show her family that he's worth it and get to know her family...

laakin kudaaf iyo ciyaalasuuq baa raba gabadh kaligeed dagan in uu so booqdo. Sorry abt being a lil harsh on my language. But, that is the truth!..

salaam

p.s Blessed, that guy is exception not the rule...ma arag wilal wax nadifiya ama cunta kariya..haday jiraana wa fara ku tiris lol..bt man did u just say he's good looking n cooks n cleans too...that sounds like the perfect guy..bal ii sheeg does he work for some oil company in the UAE lmao

Taleexi   

*Blessed;731075 wrote:
What do you mean by mummys boi? I think being close to you hooyo is honourable, it's certainlt nothing to hold against a man. I had a neighbour who not only lived with his mum sida gabdhaha ayuu u caawin jirey, cooking, cleaning, shopping. He was good looking too, so every girl in the xaafad wey ku ducaysan jirtay. Lol. I believe that a man will treat his wife as he treats his mum and sisters.

Blessey - Malaa adiga ducadaadii baa kacday oo kii baad heshay :)

Abwaan   

Taleexi;731067 wrote:
Sheekadii taladii Oday Taleexi sheegay bay isugu soo ururtay - Waa in xaafadaha laga guuraa!

lol...Talo waxay ka dhammaan weydey carruurta hallaga dhex guuro miyaa? Waa hagaag! Hadde yaan dugaaggu cunine hallaga war hayo gabdhaha cidlo laguma dhex daayee!

Aaliyyah adigu taas maxaad ka leedahay'? mise weli difaac baad ku jirtaa?

Taleexi   

Aaliyyah;731070 wrote:
lol maya aduu dan kale baad ka leedahay..

we believe in living alone for a while to grow up and learn how to be responsible and self sufficient.....while aduu mid aad boqatid baad radinasa. Khyr ma lihid. LOL

Anigu waxaan is lahaa dadka yaanu depression ku dhicin qurbaa la joogaa'e. Cidladu ma fiicna, gabadhna koleyba waa in mar laga qosliyaa, mid hooyadeed ag fadhida sida looga qoslinayo waa inaan buug kale u akhristaa ...

Abwaan: Ishaad ka raday, diinteenaaba waxay ina faraysaa - ifshuu salaama taxaabuu - Run sheeg waa belo sheeg baa hore loo yidhi.

Aaliyyah   

lol Abwaan, no man will step inside my apartment, if I choose to live alone. taasi wa diin daro iyo sharaf daro.

lool I just notice Blessed said he "lived" past tense. Sad case someone get me tissues lol...

ok guys I will be back later...

till then continue with ur feedbacks.

salaam