Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

What exactly are Farmajo’s achievements?

NGONGE   

NASSIR;730205 wrote:
Ngonge,
What could Farmajo have done better that he didn't?
Indeed it's easy to field questions but hard to forward complete and honest answers.

Heh. Turn it on its head, won't you saaxib! :D

These questions didn't come out of nowhere dee. But, still, yours didn't either. So you ask what could he have done better that he did not! Well, how about playing the game of politics?

His downfall did not come about because he didn't pay any salaries or cut down corruption. It came about because of politics, saaxib. He could have done more to reach out to Al Shabab (impossible though it seems). He could have placated the Imam rather than fall out with him. He could have forced the hand of the two Sharifs (remember that their dispute lasted for several months and ANY man in his position should have known that a victory for either would put his job at risk). He, like Nur Cade before him, could have won the favour of Mahiga, Musavin and others rather than allow the two Sharifs to hog the limelight.

Farmajo may have been a good man (and I waste no time in proving/disproving that notion) but he was/is a hopeless politician. In fact, even now, when circumstances put him in the brilliant position of reaping the benefits of an overwehlming public support, he allowed such support to go to waste by first resigning and then (if rumours are to be believed) considering joining the new government! And yet, and yet and yet...the crazy support continues!

N.O.R.F   

^Isn't it a tad unfair to expect a man, an ordinary citizen one minute and a PM of a failed state the next, to be unfamiliar with the political atmosphere and the associations made between the incompents and the UN/AMISOM/Ugandan govnt?

It was one man (an inexperienced one at that) against the TFG and Uganda govnt.

Baashi, jemce wanaagsan awoowe

NGONGE is moving the goal post. He is not looking for reasonable answers for he is not looking for one. This is what I wrote at the beginning of this thread. Yet NGONGE says that I am euphoric about Farmaajo (if I ask him when, I know he would not find any instances in these pages)...

xiinfaniin;729847 wrote:
Farmaajo’s Achievement:

1- Competent Cabinet

2- Competent Cabinet

3- Competent Cabinet (And yes there is no military to speak of, so any claim of credit for the AMISOM offense against alshabaab is pure politicking…)

4- Precursor for an emerging consensus in the laymen and enlightened alike that Somalis have no say in their affairs.

Farmaajo’s Shortcomings:

1- Lack of keen appreciation of the extent of foreign meddling in Somali affairs

2- Failed to understand that Somalia in the current political framework has no leverage on the table (ma ku dhuusaysaa Mahiga and the co? The only alternative when faced such humiliation is to join alshabaab, maaha?)

3- Failed to devise any meaningful reconciliation platform where Somalis could sort this mess out

Now, all his shortcomings are understandable in the context of current trusteeship Somalia is technically in. What is not understandable is all the protestations from supposedly educated folks in the cabinet! I for one would like to see another humiliation for the Sharifs, the next PM, and regional leaders so Somalis can be made to understand the value of sovereignty they so recklessly surrendered.

It must be noted though Farmaajo and the majority of his team has just arrived the scene and cannot be blamed the chronic political situation they have been operating in. They could not be excused for not understanding the rules of the game; the relationship between real political stakeholders whose soldiers are dying in the field, and the political operatives either appointed or selected by unaccountable parliament who face the predicament such an arrangement poses.

NGONGE   

^^ You are right, I will not find any instances because there aren't any of you being euphoric or me making the accusation. :D

Norf,

Unfair to question a prime minister? That's a new one warya!

N.O.R.F   

^Dee question him on his policies and any shananigans that may occur but to question why he wasn't the victor in a conspiracy against him conducted by seasoned politicians and external parties without noting is inexperience (6 months he was doing a 9-5 in DC I think) is a tad a unfair.

NGONGE   

^^ Isn't that what politics all about? Isn't that what I've been saying all along? It's all part of the job, saaxib (conspiracy or otherwise). Wax fahan.

N.O.R.F   

Adigu wax fahan. You're not being reasonable.

So there is no leeway, no benefit of doubt, no considering he is a novice?

Saaxib, this isn’t the politics of a western country. This isn’t like asking Tory Dave a question in a building 300 years old on a Wednesday morning. This is Somalia. The guys who are supposed to represent the masses have not been groomed through Oxford and Cambridge nor do they have friends in high places. They are ordinary Joe Bloggs thrown into the lions den as it were. It’s understandable they get scratched when other older and wiser lions come to fight.

Ngonge - Farmaajo's biggest achievement is getting your political guru out of the self imposed exile (of the wilderness kind), in which he has being hibernating in, ever since your uncle (clan wise) got elected into what some SOLers call the Villa Morgan; the infamous residential palace of the muggers of the suggestible duriyada populace :D - how is that for an achievement? apparently he even got an achievement certificate on the 51st anniversary of Somalis independence day :D

Now - to provide a counter balance to the heavy Qardhaawi officiating provided by KK in the exchange between Gabbal & Norf. I hereby declare that the said TKO was in error. in defence of my friend Norf - Gabbal and KK have discounted the fact that those demonstrations were not so much in support for Farmaajo's achievements but rather they were just an expression and outpouring caused by unsportsmanlike behaviour by the Sharifs - they saw prevailing in front of them. that is to say that it was nothing more than a rightful indignation underwritten by the Somalis' sense of fair play :cool:

NGONGE   

^^ That's just a SOL rumour (I love the way they spread so quickly). The Guru transcends political parties warya. :D

N.O.R.F;730659 wrote:
Adigu wax fahan. You're not being reasonable.

So there is no leeway, no benefit of doubt, no considering he is a novice?

Saaxib, this isn’t the politics of a western country. This isn’t like asking Tory Dave a question in a building 300 years old on a Wednesday morning. This is Somalia. The guys who are supposed to represent the masses have not been groomed through Oxford and Cambridge nor do they have friends in high places. They are ordinary Joe Bloggs thrown into the lions den as it were. It’s understandable they get scratched when other older and wiser lions come to fight.

Farmajo was not thrown into the lion's den, saaxib. He willingly took the job and believed that he was able to do it. Besides, of all the countries of the world Somalia would be the last place where a "novice" is given the benefit of the doubt. He lost the job becuase he was too nice and there is no worse insult to a politician than that, being nice. Naga daa dee.

^^ who is not a 'novice' in Somalia? - murderers? warlords? thugs? thieves? and they have another thing in common - they are all not 'nice' people.

^^:D :D

Oodweyne - or so you and your apprentice would have us believe - but as I am academically inclined - I have to be mindful of other opinions regarding your hibernation from SOL vis-à-vis recent changes in SL political landscape and your sudden reappearance . :D

But all things considered now - I will have take your word for it - at least until such time that I have irrefutable evidence contrary to your claims :D