Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Faroole's failures.

Taleexi   

Gheelle.T;729055 wrote:
JB and the rest of the secessionists have no say in this. We know where you stand all that is Puntland. This way please .................
:)

I think GD is right on the mark on this. You must be either naive or ignorant about the situation of former PL. If you are thinking the scramble of PL is not President Farole's and co fault then who is to be blamed for, a ghost leader I suppose? Forget about SSC, what about other antagonized regions like Raas Casayr, Maakhir and the likes. Farole needs to invest his time and energy for making better the lives of his constituents; be it infrastructure, security and the way that they are governed.

And don't bother many of the secessionists on SOL; they sure deserve for some rehab.

Thankful   

I think criticizing is a fair, in that it obviously will give someone the ability to improve. I believed that a president travelling to other parts of Puntland is very important. We know why someone like Sharif can’t leave Mogadishu. However in Faroole’s case, he hasn’t been to Gaalkaayo in so much time. He has spent the majority of time in Garowe and we are fully aware that the capital of Puntland is his “stronghold.” Other Puntland leaders have been to Lascaanood, even went to the very most eastern points of Puntland to inspect the damages from the Tsunami, let alone everywhere else on the road.

I agree that he has paid civil servants, but considering he has not built a single piece of costly infrastructure that would benefit the entire population as whole. I don’t see how hard it would be to pay civil servants if someone is not building anything else. I also disagree, that the security forces are stronger now, because we have seen more targeted killings of government officials then ever before, even during the fighting with the ICU. Now ever single minister and low-level government officials is required to travel with numerous guards, something that was never needed before.

(Secessionists stay out of this, because Faroole has still travelled in his first year in power, far more than Siilaanyo has in his one year. Plus, we saw how much security he needs during the day just for Hargeysa, so, I suggest you start the healthy criticizing).

Faroole needs to engage everybody. The SSC groups, the Makhir groups, the RaasCasayr group, the Mudug group, the Bari group, the Diaspora group. The development of the Eastern regions/Indian Ocean is a must; even if one does not have the funds at least, one can articulate an action plan.

Its like Faroole’s main strategy is to keep quite and do nothing. His stance on the secessionist is troubling and his overwhelming reliance on outside powers is disturbing.

Yes he put together an admin, and has brought in some talent, we applaud him for that, however we will tell him his faults which so far outweigh his successes.

My interest is that of the State and its people and not any man or sub clan or party..

Samafal   

Travelling needlessly is weakness and waste of resources. A good leader is one who puts the right people in the right place and let people get on with their jobs and take responsibilties for their actions.

^^^Yes indeed, so why does this man always travel aboad? He could send a good envoy to these meaningless meetings. Now look how long was he in Addis & what for?

Yet he is unable to visit the beautiful and important regions he claims to be President of.

Samafal   

^ In his last two travelling was an invitation from the UN and I assume expenses were covered by them. But on the other travelling abroad, he was travelling to seal some important projects for the state. Some did not materialise becouse were blocked by the TFG leadership, it includes anti-piracy projects that went to Djibouti and Training TFG soldiers in Puntland which went to Uganda. He lobbied the UN to move its projects inside Somalia and that was a success. In any case its parliment's job to find out what he was upto.

But my point is you can not measure someone's performance on on how many regions he visited, as he could be visiting as many towns as possible but still be

ineffective.

Your point is well noted. However it does not excuse the fact that he has failed to engage any of these regions and their development.

If you don’t develop your regions, and utilize what God has given you then you will not get far.

Faroole lazy approach with regards to the above highlighted issues is unacceptable, inexcusable and counter productive to the interest of the State.

Haddii u joogana waxaa la oran lahaa, muxuu wax ugu soo qaban waayay dalka...

Where will the money for the infrastructure come from unless you go beg for it? Unless you think the mere 25 million annual budget(all of it from inland taxation) would cover to build Airports, Seaports, and pave roads. I guess not.

Taleexi, lol@former Puntland.. Pl sidii ay aheyd wagii la dhisay maaha, xanuun yar unbaa haaya wayna ka kici. Awoowe, dayacu 2 region kuma ekka oo wixii laamiga bari iyo galbeed ka xigaa tuubadu si fiican uma gaarto. Laakin, inta kalaa jana ah micnaheedu maaha.

Gheele; what makes Puntland strong is its size and population. That Faroole’s admin has just been reacting to events at every turn. The Attam nonsense, the SSC & secessionist issue, the Mudug violence. At every turn he just reacts and has no real foresight, no planning and is devoid of strategy.

As for the infrastructure, the airport was near complete, what happened?

He wasted a great deal with regard to the Oil exploration and much more, smaller initiatives could and should have been done by the state and its people.

Puntland deserves better, and we should all work towards that. Lack of criticism is dangerous and Faroole has become complacent.

uchi   

GD has turned on Farole so quickly. what is it that you're not telling us buddy? Couple of months ago you were praising the man.

^^^Its all performance related. Thus far I am disapointed with his just react policy. He needs to step up and deal with certain issues..

Again I supported the call for the National Conference in Garowe-

I supported the call to defend the SSC regions from the secessionist-

I support the development of the regions-

I support the opening up of the election process.

I am not bothered about the man himself and respect the title.

GD, Puntland or Somalia as a whole deserves better, and we should all stride toward its future. Not from afar and on computer screens, but on the ground where it (Somalia) needs us most. Till then, let those on its horns, have the say.

Degel   

Xaaji Xunjuf;729071 wrote:
He expelled ssc elements (nabadiidis) From his parliament he keeps the elders Garaads in a little cage in garowe.

Cage? :rolleyes: Here are the 10 Garaads issuing their declaration:

http://taleex.net/2011/06/14/goaamo-ka-soo-baxay-shirkii-isimada-***********-tukaraq-uga-socday

How about president Faroole ordering the military forces that crushed your recent adventure in Tukaraq? :D Nomads in Dhoodi, Nugaal valley has found 10 more bodies in addition 26 confirmed dead, which the Soomaalidiids aka SL militia left hastily when they were crushed in that adventure!

^ No, my sentiments were toward your assertion "Puntland deserves better", and I was in agreement with you that we will fulfill it's dreams if we help her where she needs us most, on the ground.