Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Faroole's failures.

Thankful   

Faroole has Puntland firmly under his control. Not a single one of the most popular websites will rarely if ever criticize him (like Duke has), because as rumor has it, he has paid them all off: Horseednet, AllPuntland, Puntland Post and a few others; and the rest of too scared of imprisonment.

Forget about Eastern regions, has not visit Gaalkayo in almost 2 years, and Bosasso maybe only once in the same amount of time (only to fly out shortly after).

He makes sure money goes to his interesets and thus he has parliament securely under his control. I highly doubt anyone will contest him when he runs once again for Puntland President in a year and a half.

If we had democratic elections where it is one person, one vote then maybe it would be a different story!

I think it is the right time to discuss his performance thus far. He has failed in SSC, in fact exasperated the whole situation. Instead of dialogue he has ignored, confronted and belittled this important group without presenting anything alternative to the status quo.

His support for Sharif Sakin and running around to Addid Ababa and disappearing for a few days is absolutely unacceptable.

Over all I would say that it’s high time to step up the anti Faroole campaign. Puntland needs better leadership and less PR.

Its never to late, Puntland needs reform and the people can see it wont get much with Faroole in the helm.

Its time for a change of leadership and a direct unified confrontation against Faroole and his nonsense.

uchi   

Give him time guys Somalia is a complicated place, one has to juggle multiple things. I am sure the list you have outlined is still in his mind daily.

It's too early to start a Tea party boys.

Samafal   

Faroole has has only been in power for two & half years, and to be fair we can not say he hasn't done anything. He has and to name few it includes stemming piracy from the Puntland coast, counterfeit, fighting thuggery and corruption, education, and health etc. The projects for the port and the Airport are still on the pipeline. The port project have already started and the airport is expected to be started soon. The airport project I'm told will be grandier than previously planned due to Itlay promising to contribute exp[ertise and resources. If any one has still any doubt of his achievement cast your mind of how things were before he became president. Puntland was on the brink.

I agree that he could have dealt better with the SSC and the eastern regions and for those he deserves to be criticized for. But one thing we need to ask ourselves is that did he have many options with the SSC issue given the influence Ethopia has on both Puntland and Somaliland? No, things are dictatedn from Addis Ababa and until when Somalia stands on its own feet it will continue so. Ethopia trains Somaliland soldiers as its own and does not do the same for Puntland, becouse it sees Somaliland as a strategic partner to counter Somalia the enemy in the future. And that's the truth.

We don't know which side is Farole on the current TFG quigmire, but we know Faroole did not get on with Sharif . He welcomed when Farmajo was selected, and asked him to change relations with Puntland but failed to do so on the advice of Sh Sharif. Sakin-Farole relation I think is just a temporary alliance built on the dislike of Sh Sharif.

Degel   

Baashi;728926 wrote:
Waa runtii. Faroole is and has been a failure. I agree on 1 & 6. The way he handled SSC conflict is arguably questionable. Siding with
Sakiin
against
Farmaajo
is very telling.
Oday Faroole cimaamadii baa ka dhacday
. Rooting for conniving
Sakiin
-- I'm still scratching my head on this move!

I disagree with both the General and Baashi on the Sool, Southern and Eastern Sanaag, and Cayn regions' point. President Faroole visited Sool region late last year. Currently, Tukaraq acts as the defacto capital of Sool region at this current stage until Soomaalidiid aka SL is kicked out of LA. President Faroole actually visited both Tukaraq and several other towns late last year. He has also implemented several eduaction and medical projects. In the Cayn region, PL officials visit there constantly. In the recent attack on Tukaraq, PL military came to the aid of the local defenders and crushed the Soomaalidiid aggressors. Truth be told, Faroole cannot be blamed on the division that exists my clan, reer Garaad clan. He has always encouraged Reer Garaad clan to get out of the internal bickering and see the bigger picture. He is the 1st president in PL who allocated Reer Garaad clan 6 or 7 ministers in his government in addition to the the Vice President position. The largest amount of ministers that Reer Garaad clan had in the previous PL governments were three and President Faroole had increased those portfolios to at least 6. Nin wax ogi hakuu waramo. The day we, Reer Garaad clan, are capable of shooting our traitors insight, that is the day that PL's help can be seen. How do you help a clan with different loyalties where some dance around on a bogus entity named SSC Booga Booga, where some support the another bogus group named NSUM, where some support SL and are fighting for it, and where the rest support PL? President Faroole is doing the best he can under those circumstances.

On the multi-party systems, I have a different opinion. It is a recipe for disaster if multi-party system is hastily implemented. The election criteria of parliamentarians should be strengthened. The current consensus based system should be strengthened, and qualifications of parliamentarians should be raised, where at minimum they need to have at least a 2-year college degree. As it is obvious, this selection of parliamentarians with the final signature of the traditional elders is not producing the kind of parliamentarians that we need, who could deal with the government, and who could keep it accountable. In my view, reform should start at the parliament, and not always the executive. Law makers should know their job and should be able to carry it out.

To the president Faroole's credit, he has managed to pay all civil servants and strengthened the security forces. That itself is an achievement.

The president is a no-nonsense guy and he says it like it is. That is where his advisers needs to script the president as it seems it puts many people off.

On other point, no comments.

If visiting towns is how we measure a success, then tell us how many leaders before him have visited those eastern or western regions mentioned above? It's fair to criticize the man for his political dealing with all that TFG or SSC, but to say he's failure, is little bit disingenuous on your part.

PL is part of Somalia, and any of its leaders would have to deal with other Somali political leaders(how ever corrupted they may be) be it Shareef or Sakin. I don't know how Farole is any different than those before him as they have alliances with warlords.

He's got two more years to rule, two more that would in God's will, be better for PL and Somalia.

Faroole has failed miserably on all the key points stated at the beginning of this thread.

1. The SSC issue has been handled badly, he allowed the secessionist to take advantage of the disunity and lack of leadership of this community.

2. Faroole has failed in developing the infrastructure of the state and is to busy travelling to Addis Ababa, Kampala and other countries as if he was the Somali foreign minister.

3. The President has failed to implement the much talked about election reform

4. He has discarded the Somali National Conference initiative in support of an illegal extension for Sharif Sakin & Ahmed. All the while fighting Farmaajo.

5. As we speak he is in Addis Ababa for more than 10 days, on another long meaningless vacation and will pretend to have gained something tangible.

The man is a complete joke.

Let me try to read what you're saying correctly;

SSC's disunity is his fault?

Bosaso's airport wasn't completed because he travels to Addis and Kampala?

Farmaja's sacking is his fault?

Duke, you must know something we dont know or you're just mad at the man. Either way, above criticism makes no sense to me.

JB and the rest of the secessionists have no say in this. We know where you stand all that is Puntland. This way please .................:)

Faroole is doing a great job when it comes to foreign affairs better than the illiterate Warlord Cabdilahi Yusuf and Ciyaalo Xamar boy tuute Muuse i mean Faroole gets funds from the international community to fight piracy. At the same time he him self has secret deals with the pirates behind the scenes he Continues his jihaad against Mr cheese and Sh dalxiis and now Sh dalxiis and Mr cheese can't stand each other, and now faarmaajo is forced by Mahiga and Museveni to resign because of farooles lobbying in uganda Kenya Ethiopia.The Somalia tournament was a success in garowe and that was the first initiative to pave the road for a reconciliation conference to Reconcile the Somalia People in Garowe and a possible relocation of the capital. Move all the UN agencies offices for Somalia from Nairobi to garowe and Bosaaso. He expelled ssc elements (nabadiidis) From his parliament he keeps the elders Garaads in a little cage in garowe.

Gheele, the point is President Faroole has in two years spoken a great deal and yet delivered very little. In terms of infrastructure he has not added a single thing, the mahjar, Bossaso Airport, the Oil exploration were all started by the Cade Muse admin and the Faroole has not even completed the airport. In fact it is roughly in the same state that it was in 3 years ago.

Why is he travelling so much? How does his support for Sharif Sakin/Ahmed help the state?

With regards to the SSC, he is their leader yet allowed secessionists and others to highjack the whole agenda. That’s a failure that needs to be addressed. Faroole has now replaced Sharif Hotel for travelling abroad without much results.

Puntland and Somalia as a whole needs better leadership in tune wit the reality on the ground.

There is no anger here, its just I belive Puntland is better served with a more capable leader than Mr Faroole.