Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Marriage over the phone thrives among Somali community Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World

i just feel bad for these odays, they need a support group from these women who are exploiting them for what little money they have. i need to start an oday advocacy group.

bilan   

Aaliyyah;724064 wrote:
Dear Bilan, doesn't the frog turn into a prince?? lol or wait does that only happen in fairy tales!
:)

salaam

let's say the process failed in this case :)

Juxa   

An older man cumri degdeg buu kugu ridi ee ka dhaqaaq!

having said that the girls from back home or kenya to be specific are no angels, some waa SHUFTO, they know exactly what they are doing. marry an old fart, come to qurbaha and throw his bakoorad out before he can ask for dhiig-kar tablets

Others are victims of greedy fathers (never heard of girls being forced by their mothers) it is the fathers jumping with duco/habaar c!rap

still i say all is not lost, you can either wait and help him to meet his maker sooner with kind nudges or just divorce him.

Showqi   

nuune;724069 wrote:
Waxaad taqaano guurso, waxaad taqaano ha kuu dhalaanee.

Wax la yaqaano ma taqaan adigu niyow???

Hey Chocolate,

Baryahan waa lagu waayey. Soow nabad ma aha.

Goonle   

Aaliyyah;724064 wrote:
Dear Bilan, doesn't the frog turn into a prince?? lol or wait does that only happen in fairy tales!
:)

Axmed families can be a bit persuasive especially those back home. They are like a very close relatives I am sure someone can be pressured!!..halkan somalida kama dhacdo..laakin pakistanta kuwa badan oo ku jira..they think forced marriage is the way to go, they dnt even question their parents. They just go with whoever their parents choose (luckily their parents only choose someone who is close to their age range and has a high educational background!) so isn't like they are marrying them off to old men ..

salaam

What a hypocrite you are somewhere in your comfy western capital watching Oprah. I just got back from Nairobi and you wouldnt be as opinionated on this subject if you spent a day at the Dadaab refugee camp. I suppose Iman being married to a 70 year old David Bowie is more acceptable for you.

Malika   

^Now since when did having an opinion equate one to being a hypocrite? It matters not where Aaaliyah is, she is entittle to her opinion on the matter discussed on this thread.

Lol@ Iman being married to a 70yr old ..loool, how old is Iman? 50+++ isnt she? I dont see the comparison - a top model, who is independently rich woman marrying an equally rich man with a gap years of perhaps only 5-10 - to that of a young, poor girl marrying an old man she has never met - just so to survive!

ps.Just learn how to argue constructively without resolting to personal attacks, it shows lack of maturity in the art of discussion/debate.

Aaliyyah   

Goonle walaal as Malika said u dont need to get personal and call me a hypocrite or whatever. Share your opinion and that's that..As for those refugee camps, and the sad situations those families find themselves in is not one that I am not aware of I know it and I sympathies for them ..However, if those old men were sincere they can fund-raise some money and help those little girls n their families instead of forcing them into marriage. Plus, if you read my posts I had nothing against a lil girl marrying an old man as long as those girls are aware of the marriage (also that's islamic right?) you can't just marry someone without them knowing..that marriage wouldn't be valid!..

Malika thanks for the look out lool..I was bored n reading thru old posts that I stumbled over this! maba arag this guy's post before today :P

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Lol@ Iman being married to a 70yr old ..loool, how old is Iman? 50+++ isnt she? I dont see the comparison - a top model, who is independently rich woman marrying an equally rich man with a gap years of perhaps only 5-10 - to that of a young, poor girl marrying an old man she has never met - just so to survive!

lol@ how old is Iman...Classic!

Gonle, what does Iman have to do with anything? and who said I accepted that..kulaha that's more acceptable to you? dude do you know me? wa yaab..n as malika said what some rich lady did out of her free choice has nothing to do with the issue at hand where young 19 years old girls are being sold to men their dad's age! ewwww :P

salaam

NGONGE   

On the phone? Seriously? Lakin naga daaya, sannad dhan ayaan ku dawakhnay telefoonka Jb oo noo gali waayay, ma cadila aroos! :D