Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Marriage over the phone thrives among Somali community Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World

Axmed-InaJaad;724018 wrote:
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

is marriage a perversion now? i suppose you'd prefer ur daughters to be naked super models in the west than having a blessed islamic marriage?

:confused: Are those their only two options? Get married to an old fart who practically bought them or GET NAKED in the west? Blessed kulahaa? What a joke!

Aaliyyah   

I'm not defending the mother's actions by any means. But desperate people do desperat things. The choices that you and me have don't exist for them. If you had ten young children with no income and support; maybe you eat one meal a day and you're watching your children suffer everyday with no hope on the horizon, maybe you would sacrifice one of them for the sake of the 9. It is not perfect and It is not fair to the one whose life you ruined but thats a choice you made

Well when you think of it that way it makes sense. Laakin is every single person in Africa who is selling his daughter to odey qurbe laga so nacay? really starving? mise qurbe jacayl bay ka tahay iyo in ay noloshoda wax ku kororsadaan? yacni is it between life and death? marka wa fahmay! but I honestly doubt that is the case with all these stories!..sometimes it is just back warded culture.

salaam

forced marriage? no one forced them anything, if the girl said no, she could have told her family and maybe go somewhere else. trust me, these girls are no victims. besides they are better off than a lot of girls who are forced to do worse things to earn money. marriage is halal at least.

inshallah when im old, i hope to exploit a few young girls for marriage. but i will not make the mistake of bringing them to the west. ii duceeya.

Aaliyyah   

^Missing teeth can be a plus in some cases, you know! Istaaqfurulaah!!!!!!!!!!

LOOOOOl..

Axmed im sure some cases are forced others they and their families are looking to establish a better life in America. As the story Chocolate told us..and she even ended up divorcing him when she came to qurabaha after three kids lol..so in that case the girl was using him? or maybe she was forced on him back home bt when she came here she had the choice to get on with her life odeygan iska furto. I dont know ! anything is possible..bt bottom line am against forced marriage. Arrange marriage is a bit different, where your parents suggest someone and the ultimate decision rests on your shoulders. And as long as a 19 yrs old willingly married an old man looking for a better life than so be it (even thou my heart still goes out to her and I know shes doing it cuz she has to...bt still at least she went on with it and she was aware of what she was getting herself into...as opposed to the article thats posted here where the family proceeds with the wedding n the girl is oblivious to whats happening around her..taas wa naxdin iyo xaqdaro iyo sheko diinta ka baxsan)

salaam

Waxeey aaminsan yihiin, the girl will work and support the family when they come here. And in the meantime, the family waa la sii biilayaa. I have yet to meet a family that has walaalo or a parent who support them from the West marry off their daughter to an old maro without her consent. I have heard of young girls marrying on their own. It is mostly those families with no income who live in Nairobi or refugee camps, looking for a way out.

Aaliyyah   

Waxeey aaminsan yihiin, the girl will work and support the family when they come here. And in the meantime, the family waa la sii biilayaa. I have yet to meet a family that has walaalo or a parent who support them from the West marry off their daughter to an old maro without her consent. I have heard of young girls marrying on their own. It is mostly those families with no income who live in Nairobi or refugee camps, looking for a way out.

If that is the case then I guess the situation forced them!...alle ha u sahlo!!

bilan   

Aaliyyah;724021 wrote:
loool@she fainted! you are right I'm surprised too that she didnt die out of heart attack. Eww

salaam

actaully she spent 3 days in the hospital, hade anigu ma joogine waa siday ii sheegtay. But mostly girls agree to these kind of marriages because they feel like this is the only way they can help out their family, so they sacrifice...but I cannot imagine my little innocent girls marrying any man let alone 60+ years oo ilka la’, but I have few years to get used to the idea I’A they will eventually get married :).

Aaliyyah   

aww you have daughters mashallah! alle ha ku sakhiro...n i dnt blame that girl going in the hospital for 3 days..im trying to imagine a lil girl meeting odey ilka la' ..cant form the image in my head though loool..

bilan

the odaay is the victim in this case, he travelled all the way from the west for the warm touch of young girl, and he paid her and her family and she has the audacity to faint in front of him. and then use him in bed all the while taking his money. she is no victim. its seems to me, she wanted to have her cake(west) and eat it too. the odaay was ****** for bringin her to the west.

imagine those three kids knowing their mother tricked their father into coming to the west.

Aaliyyah   

^ By the time they are old enough to think in those terms umaba maleenayo in uu nolanayo he will be 6 feet under LOL

The Zack   

Aaliyyah;723945 wrote:

Zack lol marka shekadaso bandhigtay aniga ma professorka baad igu matishay lol..fine, from now on ama keep my opinions to myself. You ppl are heartless Joking lol..

salaam

Aggah! Saas kama wadin dee inaar. Your opinions DO matter all the time and you are right majority of the time. You just can't be right ALL the time lol.

As for the topic, I believe that no one is forcing any one. Nobody can force a girl to marry to an old man that she doesn't care so much about in this age and time, specially in Nairobi. This isn't 1960's and somewhere in the jungles of Somalia. 19 year old girl can say "eff no'! if she wanted to. 19 d'a u hadhay malaha...

bilan   

What part of she was forced to marry him you do not understand, war I do not blame her for fainting, she was expecting a prince but he turned out to be a frog.

bilan;724058 wrote:
What part of she was forced to marry him you do not understand, war I do not blame her for fainting, she was expecting a prince but he turned out to be a frog.

forced in what way? if she said no, what would've happened? nothing. no doubt she wanted his money.

Aaliyyah   

Dear Bilan, doesn't the frog turn into a prince?? lol or wait does that only happen in fairy tales! :)

Axmed families can be a bit persuasive especially those back home. They are like a very close relatives I am sure someone can be pressured!!..halkan somalida kama dhacdo..laakin pakistanta kuwa badan oo ku jira..they think forced marriage is the way to go, they dnt even question their parents. They just go with whoever their parents choose (luckily their parents only choose someone who is close to their age range and has a high educational background!) so isn't like they are marrying them off to old men ..

salaam