Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Af Maay maay thread

The Zack   

Som@li;712643 wrote:
^Ok, and why do you need to put two dialects in the constitution?

That is a good question that I have no answer bro for.

Aaliyah, you welcome walal.

Aaliyyah   

lol oh it was you? .. Thank you macalin :)..!!!..funny thing i thought I KNEW everything there is to know abt Somali and Somalia..Never heard abt maxa tidhi!..surprise!

Taleexi   

Aaliyah: Waxaan rabay oo keliya inaan muujiyo sida weedha Jaalle loogu adeegsan jirey afka Soomaaliga boqol sano ka hor intaan dawladii kacaanku ereyga jaalle ciidamayn.

Isku soo duuduuboo, sida waqtigu isu bedbedelayo baa afafkuna isu bedbedelayaan Illaahay amarkiis.

Af Maay has its own dialects just as Af Maxaatiri (tidhi) as it has its own. Some Maay dialects are simply hard to understand and can't be comprehended by your average maryooley. I think it's the speed with which words are spoken that makes Af Maay not easily understood. If you slow it down, it's almost word to word apart from sub-cultural nuisances and words.

Anyone know what does H@rti means in Maay?:D

Does anyone speak Garre and Bravano languages?

Som@li....Acknowledging Af-Maay has to do reversing prejudice by Geeljire nomads and leaders that relegated all Somali sub-cultures to the dustbin. N could make the agreement that Af Maay and Af Maxaatiri have evolved to the point of being considered two different languages.

N quite honesty, all languages in the south including Garre and Barawani should be acknowledged and studied.

Som@li   

Thanks Che and Zack...

Intii aan wax badan oo darasada ah lagu sameeyn baa wadankii bur buray, haloo tartamo oo halagu faano in la barto lahjadaha badan ee wadanka laga hadlo.

gooni   

Aniga iyo gabadhaydii baa is raacay wuxuu ula jeedaa aniga iyo xaaskaygii baa is raacnay

Haduu ku yiraahdo aniga iyo islaantii baa isasa soo laynay wuxuu ula jeedaa aniga iyo hooyo baa isa soo laynay ama dagaalamay

Reer boorama haday ku yiraahdaan inan yaroo seediday ah waxay ula jeedaan gabadha dumaashidiis ah

Afmaygu ma badalmo ama guur guuro sida maxaad tiriga waa af taabida ama nagi

bilan   

H-arti waa nin, waxaan maqlay early 1970s markuu kacaanku cusbaa baa my cousin who was from Diinsoor baa waxay aragtay nin uu qalin ka dhacay, way ka daba orday markaasay tiri aw h-arti meaning ninow it was just coincidence inuu ninku ahaa H and dhar cad at the same time, so wuu xiray because qabiilkii la duugay bay soo faagtay, couple of nights bay xabsi ku jirtay.

In the new constitution every Somali will be required to learn af may, I do not how reer mudug iyo reer waqooyi will learn it though.