Sign in to follow this  

Never Let Me Go

It's very rare that I shed a tear during a film, but this film actually made me cry a little bit... It is an amazingly, hauntingly beautiful film. And the score... the score just kills you.

Has anyone seen "Never Let Me Go" yet? It's definitely one of the most heartbreaking films I've ever seen. Quite depressing really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hblpUDYlOM&feature=related

And now jumping onto another subject....

Which films made you emotional?

My list:

Titanic (I was a kid in love with Leo, ok!)

Which Way Home (HBO documentary)

Blood Diamond

Never Let Me Go

Malika   

Oh..The hopeless romantic in me, thought this thread was your declaration for the undying love for some faraax..Lol

I haven't seen the movie, but will watch it this weekend - am a sucker for sad love movies.

Complicated, that's a weak diss! Try harder :D

LOL@ Malika :D

Remember to take a box of Kleenex with you :)

Alpha Blondy, I'm not in love but the film is just SUPER SAD. Watch and judge for yourself.

Cara.   

Just watched the trailer. It looks like The Island for the maudlin set :P

I do like the soundtrack though.

I think the last movie that made me bawl was The English Patient.

The English Patient is amazing. Love it. I think you're gonna appreciate NLMG.

You can be my lucky sappho, baby!! Nomen est omen. I'll even let you wear a blonde wig so your dream of being a "blondy" finally comes true.

BOB   

Notebook. (I've forever becaome a fan of Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams)

Radio. (Cuba Gooding Jr was simply amazing).

Sleepers (Very Sad but great movie)

Untamed Heart.

Walk To Remember.

If Only.

Life Is Beautiful.

John Q.

Where the Red Fern Grows.

The Perfect Storm.

Somewhere In Time (I was given to this movie as a gift by a friend and totally loved it...it's an old movie but hey...old is gold).

Sorry to disappoint you ladies but I didn't even like Titanic and got bored half way through it and left...never seen it again!

PS. Never ever thought 5 was a girl...cajaaib sheekhow. :)

Peace, Love & Unity.

Chimera   

Turtles - the ghost of Splinter scene, I was 5, woke up around 4 o'clock in the morning while everyone(specifically hooyo) was asleep, and watched it by myself, tears came rolling down.

SplinterFire.jpg

Lion King - Mufasa's death, watched it in the cinema with my father, tears came rolling down!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_l3qel9I8vg1qatk8jo1_400.jpg

Dragonheart - Death of the Dragon Draco, best dragon ever!

original.pjpeg

Grave of the fireflies - I watched it with a friend, she cried her eyes out, aniga na invoked the classic "I got something in my eye" card. It still bothers me when I watch it today because I place the two characters in Somalia, there are probably hundreds like them over there.

grave_of_fireflies_xl_01.jpg

Braveheart - freeeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooommmmmmm! The James Horner soundtrack is amazing!

braveheart-death.jpg

The Pianist - the scene where his entire family is pushed into the train towards the gas chambers was deep!

pianist.jpg

BOB, I thought it was fairly obvious. With the # 5 being so feminine and all :)

A friend of mine was going on about how sad the Notebook was, and being a sucker for depressing films I bought the DVD. Sadly, I didn't find it too sad. I mean they got each other, right? Everybody dies some time and at least our old couple dies together. So they're much better off than most story couples. Hope I didn't spoil the film for anyone.

Malika! Did you see it? I wanna hear what you thought. Sometimes I catch myself staring into the distance, my thoughts still on that film. After so many weeks. Shockingly overlooked '11 awards season. Rachael Portman should've been nominated for best score over Reznor & Ross, and Andrew Garfield over Jesse Eisenberg. And no, I'm not saying this just because I hated the Social Network with its retarded portrayal of women and utterly unlikable and unrelatable protagonist. The only best thing about it was, ironically, Andrew Garfield.

Chimera, Mustafa's death was really sad! Perhaps a little too sad for kids even(?) Ever seen "The Land Before Time"?

BOB   

5;705686 wrote:
BOB
, I thought it was fairly obvious. With the # 5 being so feminine and all
:)

A friend of mine was going on about how sad the Notebook was, and being a sucker for depressing films I bought the DVD. Sadly, I didn't find it too sad. I mean they got each other, right? Everybody dies some time and at least our old couple dies
together.
So they're much better off than most story couples. Hope I didn't spoil the film for anyone.

Is #5 associated with femininity? Never heard that one before, enlighten me PLEASE.:)

Peace, Love & Unity.