Sign in to follow this  
Nur

Sunnah Versus Shia Discussion Forum

Baashi   

Nur and Vicking,

I regard Nur and Vicking as respectful and knowledgable nomads. I think you would agree with me that most of us including me are not very knowledgable when it comes to Islamic laws and its history.

You would also agree with me, I hope, that this discussion took a wrong turn. If you were hoping to engage in a meaningful discussion and clarify things for us, you guys failed us.

In the beginnig I was with Nur. Yes I was bais for I'm Somali and I always thought of Sunnis as the right firqa. I still regard Sunni as the true Islam and I accordingly follow its dictates. However, Nur for all due respect went far in his endeavor to expose the Shia's. I don't think he was wrong on the facts. In the dacwa, daacis are always cautious and they always avoid futile arguments (not discussion) for arguments won't get you converts.

On the other hand, Vicking has never worn a Shica label. He might implied here and there but never said he is Sunni or Shica. What that tells me is Nur (Sunni) is engaging Vicking (Muslim as he called himself) as him being Shica. I don't kno why Vicking couldn't stop and said I'm not Shica but he continued as Shica advocate. Wouldn't it be nice if you guys are having debate on this matter to declare where you stand and what firqa you are defending. Other nomads had joined amplifying the confussion.

Now, let me suggest for Nur, Vicking, and all that participated to just stop there and if you guys are humble enough I would suggest you to pm each other and not let the sheydaan get in the way.

Nur your work is very important and I think you will be very effective if you keep your virtual dacwa for the sake of Allah and stop any time you find yourself arguing with other well intentioned Muslims (assume that is the case). Now that does not mean to let others propagate false about Islam or distort the teaching of Islam...

Raali ahaada waan ku dheeraadey...all I'm trying to say is take a deep breath and look the box in front of you (the computer) in the eye squarly and come to some sense...wa salaam.

Curly   

You know I might be a little uninformed with this whole shenanigan but I’m seriously shocked and disgusted from the few posts I’ve read.

I’m surprised that all of this was going on right under my nose and I failed to notice it.

To think that the wisest of us could turn out to be the most foolish of us, well I believe that’s all just part of a package in this world because power and greed are sisters and will ruin all that is good at the end of the day.

The Admin has reared this ugly side of his/her face before on SOL and went unnoticed, but hey after all we’re all weak and feeble at times, for god sake we’re human!

Og girl has always been a loyal member of SOL, she’s never posted anything remotely abusive unless of course provoked. And then now you decide to threaten her in public with talks of banning her, simply because someone (I think close to you) decided to point a finger at her and you thought you’d jump up like a trained pet and do the honours!.

Oh and as Jumatatu rightly said…you resemble the so called superpower and if this is your idea of democracy, what happened to the Geneva Convention? At least pretend you care about it, you owe us that much!

I realised ages ago that this is all some comical fable and that people need to realise that freedom doesn’t exist in this world, because one person’s freedom will always conflict with someone else’s freedom… so I guess trying to be mutual and fair is the next best thing.

Nur as many people have already stated and at the risk of sounding alittle like a broken record I’d like to make it clear that Allah is the Most Gracious, the most Merciful, the Lord of Mankind and the only Owner and ruling Judge of the day of recompense.

Therefore we answer to him and are judged by Allah alone! Please don’t try to display those attributes...they belong to Allah.

And for agreeing with your claims that Shiites are not Muslim...For us to do that would be just as Haram as shirk. Because if someone says they are Muslim who are we to question it?

Anyways moving on I’d like to congratulate Feynman for such a wonderful approach to this whole sordid affair. And chastise J11 and LST for not doing enough and for LST unnecessary remarks about ex-Somalinet users (for goodness sake they repent for their past sins and some of them have proven to be by far some of the best of us)

I can only leave you all with one du'a and thats...Allah yanajena

Ameen!

Curly   

You know what, I was thinking about who made these allegations and on what grounds they were made...Trust Nur to get confused! (Is the light getting a little dim? Maybe you should change it)

Once again I'd like to let you know and make it clear that walaal only Allah the Almighty is all seeing and all knowing!

Please try to remember this in future!

*It's funny how when (we think) we're at the top we forget the little important things that made us so high in the first place!*

Curly, what is up with the knee jerk reaction?

Do you know something we don't know? Have you seen the evidence? Did you even read Admin's post? Subhanallah.

Every moderator received an evidence of abuse coming from the username in question. It is not right to post login identity information but the Moderators have that in their hands and that is all that is needed. Admins posted it because that is the easiest way to bring attention to this growing problem. It is written right on the REGISTRATION package that Admins reserve the right to do so when they encounter any abuse.

As far as I know, this is case between OG_Girl and the Staff and she has some explaining to do.

What does Nur have to do with this? Is this all that became of the nomads? judging others and claiming to know thing only Allah knows. I have no knowledge of Nur ever making any claims against OG_Girl on this forum walaahi. This is a Friday and I just came back from the mosque. Allah is watching me when I say this. Judging other is not good. Be very very careful with your assumption.

Why OG_Girl? She is a very sweet girl and we don't have anything against her. In fact, most moderators actively campainged for her when that username started flooding the website and the username was blocked. We came to the conclusion that it was probably someone who stole her password. She advised us that she constantly changes her password to avoid this.

In the OG_Girl case, she just needs to explain herself and that is all. If this was a case of theft and people doing things she didn't know, then that is understandable. We are all human beings but she needs to convince the admins about her case and things should be settled.

Viking, soomalidu waxay ku maahmaahadaa, wixii uurka kaaga jira ayuu afku kaa xadaa. The buss word you mentioned about "advancing Shiite agenda" and "coming here to ruin the forum" came to your thoughts abviously because you are saying it in your post. :D I respect you as a man and I will not judge you, but whether you have certain agendas or not, only time will tell. Allah knows best. :D

Jamatatu, I kind of missed the little insult you made against the Admins there. I just saw it Saxib and I must tell you, you sound so judgmental and a very negetive person with high emotions. You need to calm down and respect others. Maybe you forgot the rules apply to all. That is just an advice saxib.

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Jamatatu,....you sound so judgmental and a very negetive person with high emotions. That is just an advice saxib.

Saxiib this is not an advice, you just insulted me and mared my charecter. And I question on what basis you came to such conclussion.Hence i suggest that you retrieve your miscalculated assumption of me for the benefit of mutual respect.

Saxib, I dind't insult you. You judged others quickly, you sounded so negetive and your post showed high emotions. I am only going with what you posted against Admin. That is all.

Again, you need to calm down and respect others. That is the advice I am repeating.

Originally posted by Jumatatu:

come on admin grow up and act like a neutral responsible way...this stance of yours is an abuse to our intelligence and the reputation of the forum.

I consider calling people childish and irresponsible to be cay aan geedna loogu soo gabban. Maybe we have different standards.

NUR ... what is going ON? what happened to the POST , we´ve seen it read it AND took a screen shot on it, so removing it JUST revealed the shallow insecurity u suffering from.

cool down bro( as a somali brother ) .

Curly_sue .. may or may nat B a SHIA, STOP assuming that anybody who disagrees with ya beein a SHIA :eek: , Fynman had every chance to insult ya if he felt like it , but he seems to B a man of great dignity.

as for ME , i NEVER been a member OR used somalinet FORUM , ( that MADDAC u talkin about is SURE a lumberJack , he left a scar on ya soul) smile.gif , so calm down n toss me da baseball. ( u can keep the CAMEL milk, i NEVER tested b4)..

LST ... correct me if i´m WRONG .. what u r sayin is OG_GIRL flooded SOL .. with all respect bro but that triggers a disoriented " WHAUUT" ?, the almost computer illiterate OG_GIRL , the beloved loyal memmebr of SOL has suddenly decided to flood da site and FEW nomad nreds repport it to the ADMIN . hmmmmmmm , this equation dosen´t just WORK for me , what am i missing ?.. or is it as Curly_SUE said a comical fable [/]?

^^^ :confused:

It is amazing how the banned folks from the past are the ones taking cheap shots at the nomads and staff. All the names in the past from Clown to Caydiid to Just Cause to Philosopher King are all I see parading on this thread.

There goes the amnesty the decent moderators were actively campaigning for. I guess Admin is finally vindicated.

fa yaa lillaahi al-cajab! wa lillaahi fii khalqihii sh'uun.

LSK: Did I take personal shots at the staff and Admin? My memory fails me???

Viking   

Baashi bro,

Bro Nur is a very learned brother and I have nothing but love and respect for him. He inititated this thread and like everyone else, he had good intentions but it turned out sour. My friend Feynman (who has unfortunately quit SOL) recently told of a saying; the road to hell is paved with good intentions. That describes what this thread has turned out to be...a topic filled with confusion instead of guidance. Mutakalim was was willing to discuss the topic in depth but they never agreed on a structure to follow.

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

Viking,...The buss word you mentioned about "advancing Shiite agenda" and "coming here to ruin the forum" came to your thoughts abviously because you are saying it in your post. I respect you as a man and I will not judge you, but whether you have certain agendas or not, only time will tell. Allah knows best.

Don't hold your breath mate, you might die blue in the face :D Believe me, if I had an agenda, I'm the type who take to much more sinister methods :D So lay back and relax, because this brother comes in salaaaam smile.gif

Allah SWT indeed knows best.

posted by johhny pravo

LST ... correct me if i´m WRONG .. what u r sayin is OG_GIRL flooded SOL .. with all respect bro but that triggers a disoriented " WHAUUT" ?, the almost computer illiterate OG_GIRL , the beloved loyal memmebr of SOL has suddenly decided to flood da site and FEW nomad nreds repport it to the ADMIN . hmmmmmmm , this equation dosen´t just WORK for me , what am i missing ?.. or is it as Curly_SUE said
a comical fable [/]?

with all due respect johhny i think u hav misunderstood where the ADMIN was coming from.....ur are right bout one thing thou...the OG-gal that u and i knew that was computer illiterate and loyal member of SOL wasn't the person that was debating on this topic...and that is a violation to the GOLDEN RULES of this website...so that would explain why the ADMIN needs ta take action....I n kheyr hav always had a hunch of a (ghost writter) and we brought up at times in other posts...so it was Bound to happen...she was gonna get caught sooner or late...it just so happens that she got caught now....other wise it wouldn't have a difference to none of u....

ps: this is NOT a tournament of ( WAXAAN SHEEGAY SHEEG)....wats done is done...so lets end all our speculations...and see where this debate lands

asxantu

OG_Girl   

Subhana-Allah, I don't know what is going on here. people I post earlier that Admin and I talking in the private, I am dealing the matter myself with the admin and once it come to conclusion one way or another, I will post on the public and say how it ended. I am not running away from anything and not waiting to banned , The truth Admin and couple of stuff contacted me through PM and Wallahi they are so understandble NO one treaten me .

Things doesn't deserve all this , calm down all , I promise I myself will post how things ended. Just hold your bearth.

Other important thing ,Brother Nur( even we disagree) but wasn't him who reported we should not accuse without prove, him self and Admin said that and we should take their words as no reason they would lie to us.

We all awe to him appology in this case ( reporting me to the stuff).

Originally posted by :SHOOBARO

I n kheyr hav always had a hunch of a (ghost writter) and we brought up at times in other posts...so it was Bound to happen...she was gonna get caught sooner or late...it just so happens that she got caught now....other wise it wouldn't have a difference to none of u....

as ussually you are after me and my posts, wallalo let me tell you no ghost writter or whatever khayr and you said, Was me who was posting and I take all responsibilities if admin say some one posted than me, NO one did I read all my posts , SO please slow down with the hate and things was between us before this topic. this topic on hand try to see it defferent way.

That is our problem as a somalis we mix between personal disagreement or dislike with things on hand.

Don't judge me and as others wait and we will come out and tell in the public how things ended.

Thanks you

Salam

I am back to add , is not war between Somaliaonline and Shia, Is me my user name OG_Girl, and stuff so please don't give things more than it deserves.

OG_Gal macaanto ...i don't hate u .....i neva hated u ....i hav NO reason wat so eva to hate u ....wat eva i hav disclosed in by previous post bout the GHOST WRITTER..was solely out of my observation...and any rational person who has read or reads ur post would conclude the same fact...so wat i hav said was the truth according to my little predated data storing little brain...other members might hav their own opinion...i wasn't trying to frame u or encourage the ADMIN to ban you....so my dear sweet sister practice wat u preach...and don't give things more than they deserve...

asxantu

Sophist   

"Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light!" - 24:35

Alas, that light is clear to be followed by those who Allah had given Baraka.

Nur, Akhii FIl Caqiida, To debate is one thing but to toothpick is wholly another ball game. I have read many of the writings of the mass dissolutioned men in this thread, men who seem to know little about Culuum Islaamia! A good example is Mutakilm’s idiotic comment of Ibnu Kathir and Dabari being what he calls lowbrow Mufasiriin. This speaks in million languages and clearly states the fact stipulated above-namely lack of Islamic erudition.

Akhii, for the love of God, though I completely give credence to that illuminating principle which encourages challenging the baadil and spreading goodness; in this thread much of your efforts will be at loss with these chaps (but with assurance Insha Raxman Allah will reward you). They seem to be men who had already have “their ideas†cemented in the gloom and despondence that age of Fitna had propagated.

May Allah have mercy on us all.

Mutakali wrote “If you are receptive to the discussion, I will demand of you "amreeyn", two things:

1) I will use proofs from your books to explicate the legitimacy of our beliefs. I will refer to the eminent sunni scholars (mufassiriin) and their exegis (zamakhsahri, siyuudi, etc.); I will not refer to the second-rate tafasiir written by your scholars (ibn kathiir, dabari, qutb, etc.). I will not communicate to you like a commoner, I will assume you are intimately familiar with all your concepts. If that is not the case, then I do not wish to "teach" anything. This is a challenge and thus will it remain.

2)The relgious proofs I will advance will be "rational" and of course "narrational". I shall start the discussion of the rationality of our beliefsâ€

It is like comparing Bidaayatul Wa Nihaaya to Raxiiqul Makhtuum.

Alahayoow nin aan wax agoeyn ha cadaabin!.