Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

How to Seek Laylatul-Qadr

Rokko   

Lately I've been trying hard to stay awake for laylatul Qadr past few nights and the rest of Ramadan. and want to share with you this.

Adapted from "The Night Prayers: Qiyam & Tarawih from works by Muhammad Nasir ud-Deen al-Albani

(and other scholars)"

Compiled by Muhammad al-Jibali, © 1997 QSS

Laylat ul-Qadr is the most blessed night. A person who misses it has indeed missed a great amount of good. If a believing person is zealous to obey his Lord and increase the good deeds in his record, he should strive to encounter this night and to pass it in worship and obedience. If this is facilitated for him, all of his previous sins will be forgiven.

Praying Qiyaam

It is recommended to make a long Qiyaam prayer during the nights on which Laylat ul-Qadr could fall. This is indicated in many hadeeths, such as the following:

Abu Tharr (radhiallahu `anhu) relates:

"We fasted with Allah's Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) in Ramadaan. He did not lead us (in qiyaam) at all until there were seven (nights of Ramadaan) left. Then he stood with us (that night - in prayer) until one third of the night had passed. He did not pray with us on the sixth. On the fifth night, he prayed with us until half of the night had passed. So we said, 'Allah's Messenger! Wouldn't you pray with us the whole night?' He replied:

'Whoever stands in prayer with the imaam until he (the imaam) concludes the prayer, it is recorded for him that he prayed the whole night.'…" [Recorded by Ibn Abi Shaybah, Abu Dawud, at-Tirmithi (who authenticated it), an-Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, at-Tahawi (in Sharhu Ma`an il-Athar, Ibn Nasr, al-Faryabi, and al-Bayhaqi. Their isnad is authentic.]

[Point of benefit: Abu Dawud mentioned: "I heard Ahmad being asked, 'Do you like for a man to pray with the people or by himself during Ramadan?' He replied, 'Pray with the people' I also heard him say, 'I would prefer for one to pray (qiyaam) with the imaam and to pray witr with him as well, for the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: When a man prays with the imaam until he concludes, it is recorded that he prayed the rest of that night. [Masaa'il]]

Abu Hurayrah (radhiallahu `anhu) narrated that the Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) said:

"Whoever stands (in qiyaam) in Laylat ul-Qadr [and it is facilitated for him] out of faith and expectation (of Allah's reward), will have all of his previous sins forgiven." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim; the addition and it is facilitated for him is recorded by Ahmad from the report of `Ubaadah Bin as-Samit; it means that he is permitted to be among the sincere worshippers during that blessed night.]

Making Supplications

It is also recommended to make extensive supplication on this night. `A'ishah (radhiallahu `anha) reported that she asked Allah's Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam), "O Messenger of Allah! If I knew which night is Laylat ul-Qadr, what should I say during it?" And he instructed her to say:

"Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuh.ibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee - O Allah! You are forgiving, and you love forgiveness. So forgive me." [Recorded by Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and at-Tirmithi. Verified to be authentic by Al-Albani]

Abandoning Worldly Pleasures for the Sake of Worship

It is further recommended to spend more time in worship during the nights on which Laylat ul-Qadr is likely to be. This calls for abandoning many worldly pleasures in order to secure the time and thoughts solely for worshipping Allah. `A'ishah (radhiallahu `anha) reported:

"When the (last) ten started, the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) would tighten his izaar (i.e. he stayed away from his wives in order to have more time for worship), spend the whole night awake (in prayer), and wake up his family." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

And she said:

"Allah's Messenger (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) used to exert more (in worship) on the last ten than on other nights." [Muslim]

Adapted from "The Night Prayers: Qiyam & Tarawih from works by Muhammad Nasir ud-Deen al-Albani

Ya Akhi, Baarakallahu feekum, you can find the complete book online inshallahu ta'ala, mashallah, by our imam the Muthadith Al Albani! ;)

on a side note, that was a sick jam!!!!

Blessed   

^^I so love Sheikh Albani (Raximahullah). Can you please provide me with the link to the book. Thanks.

Jizaak Allah MD; a timely piece.

Hamdan Khateeran Tayyiban Mubaaraka Fee kama yuxibu rabbuna wa Yardha!

Ukhti felah, it pleases me that you love shaykh ALbani for the Sake of Allah, he was truly a defender of the Sunnah, May Allah grant him mercy and may he be amongst the Prophets, the Shoohada, And righteous! Allahuma Ameen

here is the link inshallah, may you benefit as such as i have if not more!

http://www.al-ibaanah.com/cms/pdf_files/21.pdf

Subhanak Allaahumma wa bihamdika Ashhadu An-la Illaha Ilah Anta Astaghfiruka wa atuubu ilayk

Rokko   

Jazakalah Khayr Salafi_Da3wa, you beat me by getting the link for the sisters. without a doubt he’s truly a defender of the Sunnah may Allah reward him. I also hope we all benefit from this Insha Allah

Salaam..

Rahima   

^^I so love Sheikh Albani (Raximahullah).

I too have this immense love for him - reading on his life and the way he approached issues has created this love I have for him.

I don’t know why, but of all the scholars, I’ve always held him most dearest- I’m just saddened that I never got a chance to meet him myself and benefit from his knowledge directly.

Mobb, may Allah bless you brother. This was very beneficial- you have no clue. I have being so engrossed in worldly affairs (unfortunately thanks to school), but inshallah I shall endeavor to take benefit of Ramadan for who knows I might not be around for the next one.

Blessed   

Originally posted by Rahima:

quote: ^^I so love Sheikh Albani (Raximahullah).

I too have this immense love for him - reading on his life and the way he approached issues has created this love I have for him.

I don’t know why, but of all the scholars, I’ve always held him most dearest- I’m just saddened that I never got a chance to meet him myself and benefit from his knowledge directly.

Oh My GOd.. Mansha Allah sis smile.gif

That is exactly how I feel about him. It's sad how people underestimate his work. His love and affection for the truth, the ummah just hugs you from his books (this is only the translation).

We're definately blessed to have lived in His time and to still access his works... May Allah reward him..!

Salafi;

That is more than informative. Jizaak Allah.