Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

The Hargeisa of 1991

Ibtisam   

Juxa and Che. I am :eek: at you too. considering both of you think Hargisa is part of Somalia, and this is marking 20years on from the fall of Somalia. What is wrong with this thread? and how is it insult and spitting at the face of others Che? Is HArgisa not an example of starting again from stage1 and keeping it going? Hargisa was part of what happened in 1991, it seems silly to try and deny or ignore that now.

I know JB posted it for his own reasons, but it is 20years on for everyone including SL and it needs to be analyzed in that content.

Miid kale (@Juxa) SL idea of leaving Somalia is based on keeping this most recent experience alive, are you really surprised? I am just surprised there is not a war Museum with broken shells and rocks from old houses and bones as a permanent feature.

Weeliba this thread is headed Hargisa 1991, so faadul maha waxaad uu furteen then got offended?

^As long as we ignored Jb's motivation was not best of intentions.

Actually, a museum is not bad idea. It will provide an opportunity for honest debates (not emotionally ridden) and platform for an objective study of the past. Of course, I'm assuming the museum will welcome objective academicians and students of history.

Ibtisam   

Well Jb's Motivation ciidna ma ooga (I assume it is politics and emphasis on remember this is why we left) which is normal for someone who believes in his political position.

The threads you should find offensive are IF he posts a 5 store bling bling building in Hargisa next to a bombed out place in Mogdisho- now that is questionable.

ElPunto   

Poor JB - celebrate the good - peace and development but the rest is just deluded. As if a separate non-Somali alien race bombed and killed people in the north. It was Somalis of all clans(at the instigation of the president) who did that not some special subset. This is not the case of America and Japan of WW2 - discrete and distinct entities to whom one can clearly lay blame and thus hold logically consistent memorials.

ElPunto;691181 wrote:
Poor JB - celebrate the good - peace and development but the rest is just deluded. As if a separate non-Somali alien race bombed and killed people in the north. It was Somalis of all clans(at the instigation of the president) who did that not some special subset. This is
not
the case of America and Japan of WW2 - discrete and distinct entities to whom one can clearly lay blame and thus hold logically consistent memorials.

who blames one clan we blame Siyad bare and his regime thats all

ElPunto   

^His regime was composed of people of all clans. That's the point. You and almost every Somali had a stake in it. It's failures are yours too. Isn't it obscene to witness Riyaale leading a memorial for the dead?

Now who is a clannist here ?? ,,, When i say "Somali Government" or "Siad Barre's government" was it a one-clan government ??? ,,,,,,,,,, Wax fahma.

Government waa government cid walibana way ku jirtay ...... But as i said 300 million times ,, this is just for the sake of History.

AYOUB   

Juxa;690707 wrote:
Yes it will be in the history but JB indhahaada kala fur, be honest with yourself. you are not reporting history, you are instigating cuqdad iyo nacayb.

Juxa;690712 wrote:
no che dhaaf

so JB who did THIS? all of us (anyone who is not from hargeysa + burco) mise an army composing of all did this? a dictatorship did this?

How is JB "instigating cuqdad iyo nacayb" when you go on to say Gen. Barre's " army composing of all did this"? Please elaborate.