Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

What's your madhab?

Qac Qaac   

brother philosepher Do u know Jacfarie himself was a sunni?... shiats take him because he was from lineage of Ali... come on bro...

besides he was only teacher of Abu Hanifah, so don't make that connections.. ok. waligaa ma maqashay lagabarta ayaa laga badiyay. if u speak somali that is. we have lots of respect to imam Jacfar... but he was not shiate, sorry bro for the bad news.....

bilan   

i do not follow any madhab, to philosopher, that hadith did not mean you have to follow any madhab, since all these schools came after prophet's death.

Salaan...

Originally posted by bulo:

i do not follow any madhab...

I assume that you are a sister. So, what do you do when you pray? Do you cover your toes as Soomaali women do? Say you are married and your husband is gone missing, how long would you wait to remain in the marriage fold? Does your weeso become void by touching your husband? Again, would you re-do your weeso if you change your baby's diaper? If you vomit, is your weeso still valid? If you eat camel meat, do you do weeso all over again? Do you pray four rakaco after the first aadan at Jimco prayer at the masaajid? At the masaajid you go to communal Jimco prayer, is there one or two aadan?

These are a tip of iceberg when it comes to know who follows whose madba.

And it is not that easy to declare outright you don't follow any madba.

Soomaali people do inherently follow Shaafici madba, even if you may not realize that.

Shaafici madba have been said to be the most "moderate" madba of them all. Malaysia, Indonesia, Masar, Sudaan and Soomaaliya are the main countries that follow Imaam Shaafici madba collectively.

Macsalaama.

bilan   

salaam

bro, maybe you did not understand what i meant,i do not follow one madhab, somalis might be shaafici, but i'm not, i'm neither shaafici, nor hanbali etc.some people do not feel comfortable saying they do not have one, that is fine,but also there are others who do not follow one school.however about the question you listed, i go with which ever i feel comfortable, comfortable meaning i find my peace with it,and his arguments convinces me, i do not follow anyone blindly if i have question i take the time to see what all of them said, and ask scholars.i may take one thig from hanafi, another from shafici, third from maliki etc. as far as i'm concerned there is nothing that forces me to follow one school.let's say you follow shafici, one day you had a question you look what shafici said, it did not convince you, but maliki did. what are you going to do?so again i do not identify myself with any madhab.

Asalaam aleykum

Madhabs do we really need to belong to one? I beleive we should stick to the Quraan and hadith of the Prophet SAW.I may be raised as a shafii but am curious enough to pick selectively from other madhab and incorporate it in my life at the end we have one aim to fulfil our duty to do better for our own soul and be nearer to Allah.

It is due to this small things which will divide the Muslim Ummah to 73 groups on the judgement day and only one will be successful -those who followed the Quraan and sunnah.

May Allah show us the right path.Amin

Nur   

Philospher King

You write:

Originally posted by Philosopher-King:

I must say I subscribed to the Hanafi school of jurisprudence before I divorced myself of that school. Now I subscribe to the Ja'fari school of islamic jurisprudence. You are probably surprised that I consider Ja'fari to be a "madhab". Equally surprising, Jafar Siddiq was the teacher of all 4 Sunni Jurists (Abu Hanifah, Abu Maalik, Shaafi'i, and Ahmed Bin Hanbal). Abu Hanifah was a desicple of of Ja'far; Abu Malik was a student of Abu Hanifah; Shaafi'i was a pupil of Malik; and Hanbal was a student of Shaa'fii. Hence, my saying Ja'far was their mentor becomes clear.

Also, is it crucial that muslims subscribe to a certain madhab or even "firqah" (sect). The prophet said that it is incumbent upon muslims to be in a "jamaacah" and whosoever does not belong to a "jaamcah" dies the death of "jahiliyaa". Does anyone know this hadith, please correct me if I have misconstrued it.

Answer:

Very interesting indeed, this explains! so you are a Shia Jacfari, IthnaaCashari, who believes that the Imaam Sadiq will appear after 1000 yeRS ABSENCE? HOW DO YOU RECONCILE THE ABOVE AND you being a person who qusetions everything unders the sun? by the way have you ever had a Muta marriage relationship? and how does your new madhab justify your fundemental doubts of the origins of Allah?

Just curious

Nur

very interesting.may be the author wanted to know who is who,and so he/she will be keeping eye on those she/he suspect of stray.

back to the topic.i do not practice any particular mathhab at all,thus said ,it does not meant at all,that i am mujtahid, i am not mujtahid,but neither do i follow shafici,or xanafi e.t.c.

i think the important question we should ask ourselves is why do we have only four madhabs?and how on earth did these four madhabs come about? i mean why did all other madhabs parish or in other word why all the other madhabs were blocked ?

to QAc QAC: i don't really know why are you so defensive,it seems to me that you do not like people discover the truth,why not encourage nomads too learn and do research? by the way when you claim something please try to reason and support you claim with daliil.

it is really unfortunate to see you claim that jacfar was suni!!!how.have you ever seen sunnis practicing jacfari madhab?the firs contemprory scholar who recognised the jacfari madhab as a vvalid madhab i think was ustaad shaatli.jacfari madhan is not practicable in saudi arabi neither it is in any suni country,so ,what does your claim is about?.

Blessed   

A Muslim is what I call myself.

However, I subscribe to the Ahlu Sunnah wel Jamaa'ah school of thought = people of the Sunnah and consensus ... madhab of the Prophet (saw) as understood by the companions and the 1st three generations.

I guess that makes me a Maliki, Shafici, Hanafi and Hanbali, Salafi, Kalafi, Umari (if such thing exists) all at once lol -

In other words I don't discriminate between the Scholars but judge their rulings in accordance to the evidence (from the Quraan and Sunnah) that they provide. In instances where there is a difference in opinion - I'd go for the majority opinion or the one that appeals to me the most ;)

Rahima   

A Muslim is what I call myself.. but I subscribe to the Ahlu Sunnah wel Jamaa'ah school of thhought = people of the Sunnah and consensus. madhab of the Prophet (saw) as understood by the companions and the 1st three generations.

I guess that makes me a Maliki, Shafici, Hanafi and Hanbali, Salafi, Kalafi, Umari (if such thing exists-but I do love Ummar r'a)) all at once lol -

In other words I don't discriminate between the Scholars but judge their rulings in accordance to the evidence that they provide. In instances where there is a differnce in opinion - I'd go for the majority opinion or the one that appeals to me the most.

Agree 110%

Mashallah Ameenah, well said sister ;)

Qac Qaac   

bismillah

you know brother Sayfullah u r a tricky person. u don't say u r shiat but u defend them, and believe all their sayings. atleast brother Philosopher stands of what he believes, and doesn't hide around, and i respect him for that. but i don't really know who u r. u say u sunni but have the shiat things, or u shia and hiding, wazz up with u, who are u?

anyways brother how many times i have to give u daliils, ur problems is u don't see my daliils as valid i guess, since u pro shia, u could say my daliils are useless. brother if u r historian student u'll see imam jacfar's time there were no shiat at that time, they used to call themselves the Allids, which the name came from Ali. of course ali bin abi talib. see imam jacfar himself never called himself a shiat, show me one place imam jacfar called himsef shiat, and pls it have to respectful sources ok. the fellowers made him big thing of him, like they made imam Cabdulqadir jaylani, and many sheikhs in somalia that they do shirk on them, see though the imam always preached the trueth, and never told ppl, they can't make mistakes like the shiat believe of imam jacfar could never make mistake, what is that? isn't he a human. if u question everything under the sun, why don't u question this, how come a person can't never make mistake, and still he is human?

i have this question for my shiat brothers, why love so much Hussain, or Imam Hussain, and don't like very much Hassan, isn't hassan a brother of Hussain, isn't he son of Ali bin Abi Talib, why?

is it because he gave the power to Umayyads, Mu'awiyah, and shiat until now hate him for this... come on bro... pk u could answer that for me if u want...

i am not being defensive, bro, i am just defending the messed up ideas into our ppl. that's all.

Samafal   

All the four Madhahabs were MUJTAHIDEEN, meaning they did their best to clarify for Muslims those things they were ignorant about using what ever hadithot Daliil or qiyaas(Measured gues)they had with them. All of them are known to have said that if you see hadiith take the Hadith and leave my words.

Viking   

I would say mainly Jafar Al Sadiq. there are some things that are permitted by Imam Hanbali but not Imam Malik, by Shaafi' and not by Imam Hanafi. We (or maybe just I) have something from every school of thought and that's the reason to my answer.

Nur,

I know we have previously had lengthy discussions about this issue. As (I hope) you know, I am not Ithna-Cashari but subscribe somehow to that school (Jacfari but not Shi'ism) of thought because he was their teacher.