Sign in to follow this  
Reality Check

What's your madhab?

Originally posted by sayfulaah-almasluul:

very interesting.may be the author wanted to know who is who,and so he/she will be keeping eye on those she/he suspect of stray.

I hope the admins are reading this :rolleyes: Sayfullah, since you suspect everythng under the sun, let me tell you this. Don't read too much into my posts. This was a question directed to nomaders because alot of them follow one, some follow all, some follow none. Sorry if you thought my motives were evil ;)

Rainbow,

How could all the madhabs talk about the hadith when two of them came before bukhari?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

Maybe if you wording it differently

like 'WHAT is your AQEEDA?' then you would

get alot of more responses.

A Madhab is a way of looking at things

through Istinbad (pinning down judgements) that were made by a particul Alim/group of ulama(most scholars).

What most people muslims get mixed up with is

their 'FIQH Madhab' and that deals with the

how you apply the sunnah and shariah in the

muslim life.

For the majority of sunni's,

they are Ashari's in Aqeeda. Some famous ulama who are ashari in aqeeda area the likes of imams

Imam Ghazzali and Suyuti.

There is also the Kharijites, Mutazilites (school of rationalists, some modernists can be catergorized as such), Salafis (they take the line of transmission until the 3rd generation of muslims/Thabit al-tabeen etc. b/c they say that they are closest to the source i.e. the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) and that any source after that becomes unclear and unreliable cause they didn't live with the rasul (salallahu caliyhe wasilm) or the Sahaba.

There is also the Akabari-Ibn Arabi school of thought as well.

I don't know too much about the Ahl-al Shia,

but there are the Ithanasharis and Ismaels that I am aware of.

For the Fiqh Madhabs, there are 4 major ones these being Hanabli, Hanafi, Maliki and Shaafi and each one of them is STRICT in one area

and loser in another area.

The Ahl Al Shia also have numerous fiqh madhabs but I am not aware of them.

The more you read about the deen, the more your realize how little you know and inshallah grow a sense of appreciation for the ULAMA and the

1400+ yrs of the ISLAMIC TRADITION.

Fi Amanallah

Khayr,

I would word it that way if I knew what Aqeedah meant. I lack in the department of the Arabic language. I am fully aware that there are many types of madhabs that exist but thanks for listing them all out.

Raxmah   

^^Sis if you are not scholar of Quran you will always need those who are to interpret them for you.

Quran and sunnah go hand in hand, but the problem is the differences that arise from their interpertations, that is why their are so many madhabs.

salaam,

All four madhabs of Ahlu sunnah are considered correct and they do not differ on aqeedah only on fiqh, which is important because there's only ONE true Islamic aqeedah.

I tend to lean more towards the Maliki fiqh except in salaat bc I just can't seem to get used to praying with my hands by my side.

Qac Qaac   

Guys madhabs are not problems, they are rahma for us, or mercy. because if we only fallowed one madhab, ppl of different nationalities would have problems... so that is why it is mercy...

Khayr   

Guys madhabs are not problems, they are rahma for us, or mercy. because if we only fallowed one madhab, ppl of different nationalities would have problems... so that is why it is mercy...

It is Interesting that you said this,

considering your stance on shias and great admiration for ibn taymiyya and the salaf.

Fi Amanallah

Rahima   

Having great admiration for ibn taymiyyah and following the salaf does not mean that one is anti-madhab.

One can follow a madhab, but on issues where that madhab is incorrect (or has the weaker opinion), we must follow that which is most correct and Allah knows best. So in essence, we actually follow all madhabs. For example on the issue of a husband just going missing, what is the correct ruling with respect to the marriage status of the wife? For how long must she wait? If I remember correctly for example the Maaliki school states for 84 years and the hanafi for 120 years (a lifetime)- or figures similar. Therefore, must a woman who follows these schools never re-marry? Clearly, the correct opinion is otherwise and therefore one cannot always adhere to everything mentioned in the madhab they prescribe to. We must understand that the Culamaa’ were not prophets and they could of have made mistakes- but inshallah they will still get their ajar, but it is upon us to seek knowledge.

These madhabs i speak of are all those of the ahlu-sunnah-wal-jamaaca (there are actually more than four) and does not include the shiica (N.B not imaam jacfar) whom we differ upon with issues of caqiidah and not small fiqh issues.

Originally posted by Opinionated:

quote:Originally posted by sayfulaah-almasluul:

very interesting.may be the author wanted to know who is who,and so he/she will be keeping eye on those she/he suspect of stray.

I hope the admins are reading this :rolleyes: Sayfullah, since you suspect everythng under the sun, let me tell you this. Don't read too much into my posts. This was a question directed to nomaders because alot of them follow one, some follow all, some follow none. Sorry if you thought my motives were evil
;)

Rainbow,

How could all the madhabs talk about the hadith when two of them came before bukhari?
sis opinionated,i unreservedly and sincerely apologise for that comment,i absolutely did not mean to offend,i do not think you are motivated by evil,nacuudbilaahi,i also apologise for those noamds who might thought offend.so,sorry...

Qac Qaac   

Khair brother, i was gonna answer you, but sister Rahima answered u very well.

i respect all madhabs, and i think, they are mercy for the ppl, to have 4 of them instead of one. al-xamdulillah. but bro shiat is not one of our madhabs.... and i don't understand where u made the connection shiaism with madhabs... Jacfari isnot a sunni madhab, and we differ.

Originally posted by Qac Qaac:

Khair brother, i was gonna answer you, but sister Rahima answered u very well.

i respect all madhabs, and i think, they are mercy for the ppl, to have 4 of them instead of one. al-xamdulillah. but bro shiat is not one of our madhabs.... and i don't understand where u made the connection shiaism with madhabs... Jacfari isnot a sunni madhab, and we differ.

i wonder how brother Qac QAc is gonna reconcile what he is sying now with what he said earlier :rolleyes: .

QAC QAC, in your earlier post you insisted that jacfar was a suni,then i challenged you to tell us one single suni country that practice jacfari as madhab.if in any way you think that his madhab and his thought were dishonestly presented to us by shias,why there is no single suni scholar who stands for that and re-correct what shias messed? QAC QAC when you are sying that madhabs are mercy,are you refering to hadith(ikhtilafu umatii raxmah)? if yes, then remember while shias stick to that fundamental hadith,however, this hadith was invalidated by suni scholars.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madhabs are thought and opinions expressed by highly respected scholars,but that will not make them muqadas or sacret.

almost all the scholars, most noteably shafici stated before they wrote their books,that if their words does not match with holy quran and sunah,then thraw away our words.that makes their thought precious,

Kowneyn   

A deeper understanding of Islam will inevitably bring about the realization that the ahlul sunnah wa jamaaca and the shiica are the branches of the same tree.

Beware of the salafi/wahhabi's misplaced zeal, there understanding is superficial but their ego is colossal.

Kowneyn