Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

A day to remember: 26th anniversary of the ugly genocide in burco

Blessed   

Well said@ Malika, but clearly you're sentiment is not shared by others on this forum. Some are insisting, even though they weren't alive at that time that their maqaaxi version is truth and those men were criminals deserving of death. Some like Bilan have compartalised the dead of the 1988-89 war into us and them, this mentality continues to this day in Muqdisho and some think Aabo Siyaad was a nabad doon, surely we don't see eye to eye. That however, is really beside the point. People can have their own opinions and decide where their loyalties end and I accept that one would associate more with the tragedy if their own relatives are involved. What is unacceptable however, is being dictated to -- being told how and whome you should mourn.

Mr.Somalia

It's obvious you prefer the 'waxa la yidhi version' aad ka maqashay maakhaayadaha Maraykan, so I don't see the point in arguing about this with you. I'll only be wasting my time. Ka rabaas.

Ducaysane,

Horta, why must you defend Barre at every mention of his name? Isqor billaa liis. Adna iska dhaqaaq.

bilan   

Excuse me Blessed, I think I said Allaha u naxariisto wixii dhintay oo dhan, and did not say anything about these people.

I think it was a valid question to JB and others who constantly post about the people who were killed in 1980 but not the ones that were killed in the 1990s, and I do not get what you mean us vs. them. I did not know I was part of the 1980 war between Siyaad and SNM.

I do not think it is nice to use tragedy to create hate and that’s what I see these kind of posts accomplish.

the only thing they need right now is duco.

Somalina   

Intii under Barre, Eideed, iyo Yey ku dhimatey Allah u naxariisto. Inta under AS ku dhimatey, Allah ha u naxariisto.

Dad nool ha lagu murmo, maxaa yeeley kuwii tagey wey tageen, oo ilaah ha loo daayo.

JB's thread shouldn't be disrespected like that. It is uncalled for runtii. Waa dad dhintey, only AUN is appropriate.

First of all May Allah forgive the dead and bestow his mercy on them. May he also forgive us of our sins and bestow his mercy.

Zack said it correctly, he and the Somali people as a whole did not kill anyone. The remnants of the hated regime are today top leaders in Hargaysa . Including Siilanyu who was a top Minister of Siyaad Barre for 9 years, that’s nearly half the dictators rule. Riyaale who was an NSS commander and tasked with capturing and dealing with SNM supporters. Faisal Cali Waarabe was also a well known spy.

Thus its absurd to attack the flag, Mogadishu and all the Somali people while rewarding the same members who directly took part in the massacre on behalf of the regime..

However no one can excuse no wish away the tragedy that took place against our people in NW Somalia. The regime was brutal and the poor innocent civilians in Hargaysa, Burco suffered as did their brethren in Galkacyu before them and Mogadishu, Baidoa and the south after..

Lets never forget the tragedy, but lets not blame those who did not partake in it while protecting and rewarding those who did..

Mayaani   

Jacaylbare

Tarikhda your version Somalida inteeda kale danbi bay naga gashay anaga ku naga dhashay oo dowlada u shaqaynayeyna wax danbe ma laha. Waxay dhiig ya cab yadii SNM gaysteena wax kasoo qaad malaha.

Ilaahay ha u naxriisto dadkii ku dhintay dagaal xaq darada ahaa. Somali hadii aan nahay dhib baan isu gaysanay soo waa inaan wada garawsanaa inaan xumaan wada galnay. ninkii laga gardaran yahay ilaahay baa xaqiisa siin maalin reer hebel wax laysku siinayn.

Blessed   

Bilan, slow down walaal. I didn't say you were part of any war. It seemed to me inaad dadka kala gurtay in your comment that's all and I don't think that was neccessary. Does it really matter cidii badnayd, waa dad xaq darro lagu dilay. I agree, we need compassion and to make duco. Illahay ha u naxariisto kuligoodba.

Duke,

No one is putting the blame on individuals. Dawlada marka la soo qaado dadka u doodaya iyaga ayay jirtaa laakin Somaali oo dhan way ogtahay in aany dawladaasu Somaalida khayr ula iman. Some might choose to forgive but no one will forget. I don't see why that would be a problem. Peace begins with truth...

*Blessed;682406 wrote:
Duke,

No one is putting the blame on individuals. Dawlada marka la soo qaado dadka u doodaya iyaga ayay jirtaa laakin Somaali oo dhan way ogtahay in aany dawladaasu Somaalida khayr ula iman. Some might choose to forgive but no one will forget. I don't see why that would be a problem.

That government was brutal and its actions a historic crime against the people of Somalia. I agre with you. we should never forgett what took place in those dark days...

Mayaani   

They don't want because they consider themselves only victim tragedy that destroyed a whole nation. malaa dadkale dhintay waa quraarado.

No one is blaming the people from Somalia we blame the former Siyad bare regime the people of somalia are our neighbours and our people ,we welcomed them in our homes and in our country when they their country turned into chaos sectarian war anyhow AUN to all the Dead

Mayaani   

Xaaji malaa Borat hadalkiisa noola timit "Jagshemash! My name a Borat. I like you. I like sex, it's nice. These are my country of a Somaliland".

Saalax   

In my opinion Cali Mahdi aka Ali Nafto is much worse. He is the one who declared himself the president without consulting the SNM and USC(Maxamed Farah Aided faction). The one who signed contracts with italian companies to dump toxic waste in the Somalia waters for a quick fortune gain. He played a big role in the fitnah of Somalia. When he was the self declared president the Aid agencies for Somalia once asked him what do you want the aid workers to bring to somalia since there was hunger, femine etc, and guess what he said ? bring more "Nafto" aka shidaal lol.

SNM criminals who were killed in the war are not civilians. have some decency folks and do not bring dinner table conversations here. The only regret I have is that Siyaad Barre was not brutal enough like some Arab leaders. if he were, We would not have been this situation walaahay. If the victimhood and bitterness that some reer waqooyi folks displays here everyday is shared by the people in NW regions, then I am afraid 1980 incidents may repeat itself.

Somalina   

Mr M, asagaba iyo kuwa la midka ah ku dar. Wax is dhaama ma jiraan, geesina iima ahan, I can't stand the man.

Soomalida oo dhan ayaa danbi laga galay, qabiil aan dhibaato loo geysana ma jiro like GD said.

Sheekadan meel aan la isaga xiro.