Sign in to follow this  
Rokko

Puntland to abandon the Mbagathi peace conference

Gediid   

Samurai

Intellect to see that your idea of Somaliweyn is one giant farce you are hiding behind?

Qudhac

Absolutely right saaxiib,in my book there's only a few true Somaliweyn supporters but I wont say who they are but they have my respect.The rest waa in boodhka isku jafayaa thinking they can fool people.

Gediid - now, we are getting somewhere. SO, you prefer the chitchat, eh? let us for sake of argument presume that Somaliweyn campers are – your words – hating tribalists . Then what?

LANDER   

Rahima,

I'm glad to see you finally realize

the hypocracy of some of these pratrons. I feel

you're one of the few members who doesn't use the term somalinimo in vain, unfortunately you are clearly outnumbered by those who are immersed in this political "game" and are blinded by tribal hatred.

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

Gediid – Besides the juvenile mantra, do you care to dig deeper and perhaps challenge the intellect?

And what is it that is going for western Somaliland, or any other that is not going for Puntland? Care to strike an anomaly, or better yet have an Einstein moment laddy?

This is quite entertaining, the man is a self-declared intellect. Please tell us how you differ from this "juvenile mantra" you allude to?

look at the second part of your post, you act exactly the same way as the "juveniles" your refer to. You can't help but to constantly compare your area to Somaliland and try to proove that your region is supposedly "superior" to ours. Your age and your abillity to write over-saturated english does not necessarilly make you an intellect or somehow different from the young men you try to differentiate yourself from.

Gediid   

Originally posted by Samurai Warrior:

Gediid - now, we are getting somewhere. SO, you prefer the chitchat, eh? let us for sake of argument presume that Somaliweyn campers are – your words –
hating tribalists
. Then what?

Samurai

Stop hating but if you insist then at least have the audacity to come out clean.

Lander saaxiib there was a story I heard as a kid and this is how it went......A blind man by some sheer power was given his eye sight for a second and his very first sighting was that of a rat and just as quickly as he got his eyesight he lost it again.He asked the person who was standing by him the thing he saw and they told him that was a rat.From that day onwards when ever an animal was mentioned he would ask whether it was bigger or smaller than a rat.We end up too often in that sort of a situation,making comparisions where there's no to made.

BN   

Rahima,

It seems you, like others here, are quick to jump on the Puntland bashing band wagon. I am arguing for PL to receive their fair share in this conference and its resulting Federal TNG. I think they have an important role to play in rebuilding Somalia based on a federalist form of government. If reer PL wanted to seperate,--they'd of done it a long time ago. But the fact that they havent, shows who are Somali Nationalist and who aren't.

LIQAYE,

Puntland is a regional State. But it is not in the same league as Hiiraan or L. Shebelle(politically, economically or socially).

For example, why were specific warlord groups(such as G8 or SRRC) mentioned rather than using a general term like 'warlords'?

IMHO, it signified a marginalization of PL compared with other groups which was unfair. But that is only my opinion.

Horn,

Sxb, my apologies if you feel I was "after you". Second, no group,--least of all PL--deserves to be underrepresented and their role marginalized.

Perhaps you and Gediid could answer a question for me. What is the difference when another group(AbdiQasim or other warlords) leaves the talks and puts the whole thing on hold for months, and if Puntland leaves the talks? But no one from our camp is accusing them of being "anti-somaliweyn". Why was it that when Muse, AbdiQasim, Cato, Hiraale, etc. were running from Nairobi there was silence from this seemingly vocal group we see here today?

There is a definite double standard here.

Reer SL,

You are a group who bases their entire reason for being(SL) on their tribe being oppressed by the Siyad Barre dicatorship and the fact that you arent like your "savage" southern cousins.

As for "Somalilander hating qabiil spitting", you only have to look as far as common W/G words such as "Fa*ash" which is used as a blanket statement against entire clans or regions. Here is just couple of examples of (in)famous "qabil hating" quotes by some landers:

TOPIC: People from Somalia are BLOODHOLICS

Mystery: "The majority of the people from Somalia are BLOODHOLICS. They will not admit that they are addicts. The first step to recovery is admitting that your an addict (atrocities committed against Somaliland people and now the killings of their own people), and then asking for help to overcome the addiction."

Oodweyn's response: "the spleen-vomiting and blood-junkies of somaliweyn crowd...the "Psycho-Pathological" predicament of these peace (blood) junkies in somalia(south); but I couldn't stop laughing...you've captured their real diagnosable addictive state that they are in as a people ...should that be gathering party for blood junkies."

Ayoub agreeing: "These sort of murders and maimings was not the work of members of USC or SSDF, but pure evil deeds by normal everyday people we meet and greet everyday."LINK

Here is another typical and disgusting qabilist quote in Another Division: Do we need this now?.

Ayoub_Sheikh:"Mr Sophist it is hard to imagine some of your potsts could come from someone who's lineage includes Mr Kombe and MR Kablalla. :D " LINK

Mind you, they are referring to the people of South Somali in general,--and not just the leaders. I wonder why no landers distance themselves of denouce these statements(among numerous others)???

Somalis(are you still Somalis?), are always quick to point fingers and make accusations at the perceived faults of others; while ignoring their own, identical, faults.

Perhaps once you lot grow out of your recurring nightmares of Puntland and childishness, we can have a more worthwhile debate. I wont waste any more time here.

Rainbow,

You seem to be the only sane, and unbiased(at least compared to others) person in here; who see this political maneuvering by different groups for what it is. I hope others can discuss issues rather than making vague generalizations and hypocritical cries of 'qabilism' at every turn.

Lastly, if anyone else feels the dying urge to jump on the Puntland bashing bandwagon,--I encourage you to step up and take your shot. Reer PL are use to it, and have been through far worse. And we are not soft, thin-skinned whiners like some 'landers in here.

BN

Gediid – Very mature indeed! Perhaps two can ride that horse - by calling me a hater and tribalist, I guess you did not think I could reach for the filthy shovel myself. Then again, I did not drink from the same well, did I?

Now that you have found the magic atlas of accusing everyone whose paths you cross - a hater and a tribalist (god forbid a puritan like you would not be indicted of that), which I reckon is a becoming in itself for you, why not move from that desolate corner you have isolated yourself in, and tell us what brought about the collapse of the Somali state? Was it religion? Was it cultural clash? Was it economic war? What was it?

I was hoping you would prove a worthy adversary, but all that I get is, you are this, you are that. How disappointing! Best of luck mate, and enjoy the weekend!

Lander – A while back if not mistaken I recall suggesting that you might want to consider staying on the sideline for a while until .....? Or did that miss you by a mile?

Qudhac   

Bari Nomad

NO one is saying you cant have go at somaliland as you do on reguler basis but why dont you stand your argument against somaliland on two feet rather than covering it with large blanket called somaliweyn, most of the things you write are cheap dirt throws aimed at somaliland, but just dont then lie to your self and try to put blankets over people eyes, we all know your petty remarks are clan based 100% just then dont turn around and say its for somaliweyn say how it is, one example of how somaliland drives your dailly retual on SO is that silly picture of boqor buur madow, but ofcourse that probally all part of your usual somalinimo crusade.

Gediid   

Samurai

Like i said dhinac iskugu biyo shubta marka hore.Meel laguu soo raaco yeelo.Somaliweynta leysgu qarinayo ka soo hoos baxa.

Gediid, you will never get a direct answer from Sammuria. He reminds me of the Wizard of Oz, who uses smoke screens, and illusions to sound larger than life. You will ask him about if the sky is blue, and he will go on to ask you have you heard that the valley is lush with vegetation. smile.gif

Rahima   

Mobb,

Guraad is the staunchest pro-Somalia ally you got on this website na'mean.

You see brother Mobb, this is exactly what I was referring to. Are you actually trying to tell me that guraad doesn’t not have something against the peoples of Somaliland and Mogadishu area? At least if he was anti-somaliland for the sincere reason that he longed for a united Somalia then that would be a somewhat understandable (although i would not agree) position, but what about Mogadishu?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if one is to make a comment which may seem anti-xamar (or anti anything) once or twice, then fine, it can be classified as an unbiased remark providing reasons are given. However when ones sole purpose (aside from being pro-puntland) is to defame Mogadishu then it begins to look a tad strange don’t you think? :confused: I’ve noticed a trend in Guraads posts and they are very anti-Mogadishu and its people (no second-guessing why ;) ). Allow me to provide you with three examples, not only did he make a negative remark in the post about the reconstruction of xamar (which I thought would of have been a happy occasion just like the school built in LA), he then a few days later initiated a thread of the destruction of xamar and then tops it all off beautiful with the "Father : muqadishu will never be muqadishu" it was post. Beautiful aint it?

Tell me this, do you not see the trend? Show me a few examples where our brother has made positive comments about Mogadishu or any city inhabited predominately by non-puntlanders. I don’t mind if one is anti this or that for it is their choice, but don’t try and make it seem otherwise and most importantly don’t destroy the good name of those who sincerely are pro-somaliweyn.

Are you saying only Puntlanders attack others?

Of course not, that would be just preposterous.

Sumurai,

It seems that you have missed the gist of my comments therefore allow me to clarify it for you. My points were not about Puntland in this post rather I was referring to certain individuals who have caused me some confusion. They claim pro-Somalia yet display actions of anything but- I was only questioning their intentions.

Having said that, personally I am for whatever a particular region votes for, therefore if the people of puntland have voted to stay as part of the greater Somalia then great- let us get to work. However, if they were to vote for secession just like our brothers of the north then my stance is the same as that for Somaliland, good luck and may Allah be with you. I am pro-somaliweyn (as I’m sure are most people), but only if it means that everyone is 100% for it. I know most Somalis would love to see a Somalia where all Somalis (including those of NFD, Somali Galbeed and Djibouti) come under the one banner of fairness, equality and justice based on the notions of anti-qabiilism, pro-Somalism and pro-islam.

And while we are it, I’m not sure if I understand you correctly :confused: - but are you trying to tell us that all the people of Mogadishu are anti-peace for the anarchy better suits their lifestyle? War lords I can comprehend, but what about the citizens?I will reserve any comment till I get a clarification smile.gif , you can’t possibly hold such clearly aberrant opinions ;) .

Bari,

Bandwagons are not my style brother :D . I tell it like I see it and like I’ve said I’m sure my track record proves I’m not what you wrongly accuse me of. Personally I respect your views and agree with you most of the time, therefore I prefer to leave it at that.

Horn,

It’s taking me time I know, but I will get it sooner or later :D .

Tuujiye   

salama caleykum.. yaa soomaliyeey

Kuligiin waa la idn salaamay kuwa somaliland sheegtay, kuwa puntland sheegtay iyo kuwa south sidena sheegtay..jabuutina dhexdaan ka salamay ileen wee kuusan yihiinii...

Aniga waxaa ina garab tuujiye, gar maqaate..badaan gogladaa buurahan waan barkadaa. salaan kabacdi.

aniga horta waxaan ku dhashay xamar cadeee..laakiin hada maku noqon kore maxaa dhacay baasaboor ama canshuur aa la i weydiinaa nooh..Puntland aa isoo dhaweysatay.koow dhaha..laakiin aniga waxaan rabaa somali isku wada tagtay..united. I'm not down with this Punland somaliland banadirland ish..Somaliland hadii rabtaa in aa go'daan go'a..Puntland hadii rabtaan wadan gooni ahna yeesha southsidena sidoo kale laakiin ani markaas american joogaa sxbiyaal maxaa dhacay qurun waaye hadii loodago qabiil ahaan..

Fikrada kalena waxaa waaye ani waxaan dhihii all the warlords oo shirkaan fadhiyo kuligood in ladilo ayaa fiican bambo la dhex dhigo. Howdooda la kiciyo..maxaa dhacay waa bad blood bad bloodna waxaa fiican in la iska daadsho..

If we are the youth and the leader of tomorrow and we are talking like this, what different are we going to bring to the table..we are carring the same stinking qabiil mentality us our fathers and so on. We need to change and barrie the past sxbyaal because is a change what we need..and please stop this Puntland somaliland crup because somalia is Somalia and we need to gain our lost terroteries and not loose more..think y'all

waa erayadii garab tuujiye...

Gediid   

Spadez lol @wizard of Oz.That was funny.

Rahiima

Your arguments are very simple and very straightforward.I commend you for that.Somalis long ago said geeljire geela wuu wada jiraa wuuna kala jiraa but the Puntland gang in here tend to take that proverb far beyond its literal meaning.They can talk the talk oh hell they do that all the time but when it comes to walking the walk ,they balk and like an army of ants whose path been blocked will turn and run back to the ant house.One would expect a thought pattern that is in line and consistent with their supposed aspirations of Somali Weyn but to the contrary you experience day in day out a negative portrayal of Somalis by the Puntland gang while at the same time painting a rosy picture of Bosaaso and its environs.I fail to comprehend how one would do that while at the same time pray for a United Somalia.Thats mind boggling ,wouldn't you agree?

Now questioning their Somalinimo is not my intention since thats apparent to all but its obvious that their sense of direction is one dictated by ulterior motives more in line with shall I say the leader.So long as he's heading one way the gang tows along but the moment he reverses you will notice a 180 reversal by the esteemeed members. Would that be considered Somalinimo or following Abdullahinimo....???

Gabbal   

Horn,

It’s taking me time I know, but I will get it sooner or later .

Iska ilaali. Pretty soon it will be a swarm of locusts on you. :D

guraad   

History will tell us who is for united somalia and who wants to divide somalia , we cant compare PUNTLAND who is fore united strong somalia AND SO-CALLED BRITISH NAMED SOMALILAND.

what PUNTLAND did for somalis .

1) When somaliland deported other somalis calling them outsiders , and kicked them , forced them out , and their shops and little many stolen by gargeysa mafia . PUNTLAND was first to help them , gave them shelter and asked them weither they want to stay in Puntland or go home in sout , MOST OF THEM SAID THEY WANT TO STAY IN PUNTLAND.

2)PUNTLAND never said it want to separate from rest of somalia while , somalilandERS even refused to be called somalis and said they are somalilanders .

3)PUNTLAND is the satate that keeps somalia united . PUNTLAND INCLUDES pro-united somalis AKA people OF SOOL , SANAAG AND CAYN. somaliland tried to separate from rest of somalia but puntlanders FROM SOOL,SANAAG AND CAYN said NOOOOOOO to somaliland separatesT idea . AND HISTORY WILL WRITE AND DID WROTE THAT PUNTLANDERS FROM SOOL (DRAWIISH ) FOUGHT FOR UNITED SOMALIA AGAINST BRITISH AND ETHIOPIA WHO TRYIED TO DEVIDE SOMALIA.

We all can see who really want somali people to be united and who want to devide somalis in to small countries , SOMALILAND SHE IS RUNNING FROM EVERY THING SOMALI THEY RATHER BE CALLED JEWISH OR ETHIOPIANS THAN BE CALLED SOMALIS , WE ALL REMEMBER WHEN ENA EGAAL FORMER PRESIDENT OF SOMALILAND SENT LETTER TO JEWISH STATE SAYING HE LOVES JEWISH PEOPLE . SOMALILAND REFUSED TO SET ON ONE TABLE WITH OTHER SOMALIS FOR TALKS SAYING WE ARE NOT PART OF SOMALIA.

ERRONIC IS AFTER ALL THIS PROOFS SOME SOMALILANDERS HERE ARE ACTING AS IF THEY GOT A LOVE FOR SOME MISINFORMED SOMALIS FROM SOUTH .

but you guys from south(rahima , horn and others) can go ahead , go and bad mouth somalis from puntland the history will show u, who got a love for you as fellow somali and who is not.

SOME TIMES I FEEL THAT SOMALILAND IS WRITE TO KICK OUT PEOPLE FROM SOUTH , SOME TIMES I FEEL THAT PUNTLAND SHOULD DECLARE IT SELF SEPARATE COUNTRY . WHY ? COUSE YOU CAN SEE THOSE PEOPLE FROM SOUTH DONT KNOW WHO IS THEIR FRIEND AND WHO IS NOT , IF YOU GIVE THEM FOOD AND WATER THEY WILL GO AHEAD AND BAD MOUTH YOU , WHILE THEY ARE DRUMING FOR SOMALILAND WHO KICKED THEM OUT WITH NO THING ON THEIR HANDS AND SOME OF EM DIED ON THE WAY . ITS ERRONIC REAL ERRONIC

BN   

Gediid,

First, only two PL nomads expressed support for PL pulling out of the talks in Kenya(temporarily until their concerns are addressed). It is their opinion, which is valid. They neither constitute a "gang" nor a majority of the PLers on this forum. Even if ALL PLers had posted their support of this move,--it would have nothing to do with Somaliweyn.

Gediid: day in day out a negative portrayal of Somalis by the Puntland gang while at the same time painting a rosy picture of Bosaaso and its environs

Substitute Puntland for Somaliland, and Bosaso for Hargeisa and you have what your group has been doing since 1991. Since portraying other Somalis are "blood thirsty" and "savages" was another recognition strategy.

Gediid: They can talk the talk oh hell they do that all the time but when it comes to walking the walk ,they balk and like an army of ants whose path been blocked will turn and run back to the ant house.

So this is unique to C/Yusuf or the Puntland delegation? Are they the only group who have left the talks because they felt that they are being underrepresented or marginalized? Why are there different rules/expectations for PL; and why are different names/labels levelled at this group?

It seems you have taken this opportunity to get a lot of hate and animosity towards PL off their chests. Not least of all Mr. Gediid,--who has come out of the political closet he placed himself in.

Congratulations, shall we throw a "Coming Out Party" for you?

Really, I have not heard such filth and utter garbage in a long time; it seems this is what you feel you need to do at this point in your life.

Horn,

I am still waiting for a response to this question:

Perhaps you and Gediid could answer a question for me. What is the difference when another group(AbdiQasim or other warlords) leaves the talks and puts the whole thing on hold for months, and if Puntland leaves the talks? But no one from our camp is accusing them of being "anti-somaliweyn". Why was it that when Muse, AbdiQasim, Cato, Hiraale, etc. were running from Nairobi there was silence from this seemingly vocal group we see here today?

BN