Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Bosaso Port: More than 300000 sheep + cows + camel leave today for GCC States + Yemen

I don't find in the link where Qudhac is quoting. I am sure the final numbers will be closer to 2 million for Berbera & Bosaso ports and will be good progress for Somali people.

^ :D

The main points they said were the following:

-The minister for livestock from PL, Doonyaale said: BBC

1. Bosaso managed to export about 300,000 sheep over the last 2 weeks

2. Only ships that have maximum capacity of 40,000-50,000 are able to dock at Bosaso port, and they working to get donor countries to help them expand the port in order for larger ships to dock.

As from Somaliland, the manager for Berbera Port,M.r Xoorxoor, said:

1. Berbera port managed to export a total of 660,000 livestock in the past 2 weeks

2. A ship that was carrying about 250,000 cargo of livestock left the port overnight (read Wednesday night)

Hunguri   

I think, these guys need to be exported and put them into a quarantine cell to have them treated. Waar waligeey ma arag dad leh:

Berbera 333333333333333 Adhi,Geel,Lo

Boosaaso 33333333333333 Adhi, Geel, Lo

Bilaa cammal baad tihiine, kaalaya oo aniga Ahmiga iyo adhiga ii raaca. I will be happy to recruit you and pay you well!

There is no issue here, the livestock trade is booming. The Duke's post still stands, tand the secessionists have no problem, if Berbera sold that much is more than welcome, however it does not change the threads overal meaning.

NASSIR   

That decision to lift the ban truly greated Somalis from all walks of life with euphoria. It's a legitimate concern that the Saudi Healthy Ministry cited that the Rift Valley plague had influenced its earlier decisions of the ban as there was no central government to account for any health irregularities. However, just months before the lift, al-Jabar, the private UAE company had an impact on the decision since it has shown a commercial interest in dealing with this problem of public health and accountability. It made its proposal and signed a trade deal with two emerging administrative entities on building two quarantine facilities. Now that the construction of the facilities has begun, many are questioning whether the Saudi lift has to do with competition or the swine flu epidemic reported from Australia, a market the Saudis shifted for its needs of livestock imports during the ban. It's the competition methinks.

If this shift of policy holds, the Somali nomads and the economy in general would be well served as the Saudi market creates more employment and better living standards.

Canjeelo   

Originally posted by Suldaanka:

^
:D

The main points they said were the following:

-The minister for livestock from PL, Doonyaale said:

1. Bosaso managed to export about 300,000 sheep over the last 2 weeks

2. Only ships that have maximum capacity of 40,000-50,000 are able to dock at Bosaso port, and they working to get donor countries to help them expand the port in order for larger ships to dock.

As from Somaliland, the manager for Berbera Port,M.r Xoorxoor, said:

1. Berbera port managed to export a total of 660,000 livestock in the past 2 weeks

2. A ship that was carrying about 250,000 cargo of livestock left the port overnight (read Wednesday night)

WRONG! Puntland isn't expanding with "donations". Unlike Somaliland which no investment company will go near, Puntland struck a deal with Lootah group of Dubai.

Read here

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA20081124070836/Government%20of%20Punt%20Land%20State%20of%20S omalia%20signs%20strategic%20agreements%20with%20Lootah%20Investment%20initially%20worth%20Dh170%20m illion

Canjeelo   

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

^^^I am afraid that is not even closely true!!
Dear lad

For, first thing,
Bosaso does not have the logistical ability to shift that much of a livestock on a single day. Since, that large tonnage requires large ships, and since
Bosaso
is not a
"deep-water port"
, like
"Berbera"
is, in-terms of kind of ship that can anchored into it, then, it can't be said that it can really accommodate that amount of
"shifting export"
in one single day, indeed; given that the large ships that can take that amount of
"tonnage"
can't really drop anchor in that port, in the first place.

In other words, this is really, and I mean really, is getting silly in here; particularly for the sheer propoganda of it all. And, therefore, it's mind-boggling as to why others are chancing it in here, rather shamelessly.

Since, it's very easy to know the
"truth"
of it all; particularly by way of ascetaining the
"size of the port"
, the
"under-laying marine structure"
of water itself (i.e., whether the port is in a
"deep water territory"
or not, so that it can be in a position to accept the
"anchorage"
of large ships that can take a large tonnage of livestock in one go) etc.

Consequently, all of those
"factors"
are by definition, the
"real facts"
that determines as to how large of an
"export commodity"
that a given port can shift it, at least, in a one
"trading day"
(
as it were
).

But, then, again, some people, are forever warming themselves up with a sheer propoganda; particularly when all else fails them, rather miserably, indeed. Hence, there is no surprise to me there, at all...

Regards,

Oodweyne.

Haha hater. I love it when it burns you. No one bought your C R A P for years

Read; http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8345370.stm

Kamaavi   

Originally posted by Hunguri:

I think, these guys need to be exported and put them into a quarantine cell to have them treated. Waar waligeey ma arag dad leh:

Berbera 333333333333333 Adhi,Geel,Lo

Boosaaso 33333333333333 Adhi, Geel, Lo

Bilaa cammal baad tihiine, kaalaya oo aniga Ahmiga iyo adhiga ii raaca. I will be happy to recruit you and pay you well!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D