Sign in to follow this  
NIN_NOOL

Somalian security officer killed in iraq.

NIN_NOOL   

Let me start by saying Yarxamaka ALLAAH to this brother and all the other muslim brothers and sisters who have died in iraq.

QUOTE FROM BBC.

At least one person has been killed and two others wounded after a bomb exploded in a hotel complex housing foreign journalists in the centre of the Iraqi capital, Baghdad.

The explosion occurred in the Aike hotel, where US television network NBC has offices.

Iraqi police said a bomb had been placed in a hut that housed the hotel generator.

It is the first time Western media in Iraq has been specifically targeted in the conflict.

Crater

The blast happened at 0655 local time (0355 GMT), killing a Somali security guard, according to reports from the scene.

If it was a big bomb it would have destroyed the whole building

Lt Col Salman Kareem, Iraqi police

About a dozen NBC staff were inside the building at the time, Associated Press news agency reported.

Canadian soundman David Moodie was hurt by flying glass.

""I was awake," he said, "A chest of drawers in the room fell on me. I sleep in the room immediately above the generator, so I guess I was lucky."

One correspondent said the bomb left a crater in the side of the building, but Iraqi police Lieutenant Colonel Salman Kareem said damage was minimal.

"It was a small bomb, because if it was a big bomb it would have destroyed the whole building."

The blast came a day after an explosion ripped through a cinema in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul, killing two people and injuring up to 20 others.

Another bomb attack on the same day destroyed two commuter buses in central Baghdad, killing one Iraqi and injuring 22 others.

Safety fears

The BBC's Jill McGivering, who is in the Iraqi capital, says the latest attack is likely to heighten the concerns of Western journalists in Iraq about their safety.

The attack, she says, is also the latest sign of an apparent change of tactics among those hostile to the coalition and determined to use violence to undermine its authority.

As well as targeting coalition troops, they are now also increasingly choosing non-military targets for attack, our correspondent says.

Last month, a massive bomb at the United Nations headquarters building killed 22 people, including the head of mission.

The badly damaged UN building was again targeted this week in a second bombing, causing UN officials to review their presence in the country.

my heart goes to his family and relatives. from what i got from our local news he was a worker 4 for nbc there! i just wonder if african live means anything to these ppl...? we african became the sacrifical lambs in the arab world. please dont say shit happens! they didnt give a damn if nomad gets killed there!

nuune   

Ilaah ha u naxariisto,samir iyo iimaan Ilaah haka siiyo qaraabadiisa,that is all we can,

he was an NBC worker is another story!!

bilan   

Originally posted by rudy:

he was a worker 4 for nbc there! i just wonder if african live means anything to these ppl...? we african became the sacrifical lambs in the arab world. please dont say shit happens! they didnt give a damn if nomad gets killed there!

hold on there, do you know how many iraqis died, or die daily, there are 10,000+ iraqis killed,since the war began, average of 20 deaths per day, what on earth are you talking about?!!,why would they give a shit about one foriegner,while there own people are dying and no one is paying attention. beside they did not mean to kill him, these people are fighting with americans, and they see NBC as american media, they bombed them and unfortunately he was there, it was his time to go, he died it is sad but he is not different than others who are dying there on a daily basis. i wonder why do not you say something somalis that are killed in kenya,ethipia ans south africa?

bilan   

he was a worker 4 for nbc there! i just wonder if african live means anything to these ppl...? we african became the sacrifical lambs in the arab world. please dont say shit happens! they didnt give a damn if nomad gets killed there!

hold on there, do you know how many iraqis died, or die daily, there are 10,000+ iraqis killed,since the war began, average of 20 deaths per day, what on earth are you talking about?!!,why would they give a shit about one foriegner,while there own people are dying and no one is paying attention. beside they did not mean to kill him, these people are fighting with americans, and they see NBC as american media, they bombed them and unfortunately he was there, it was his time to go, he died it is sad but he is not different than others who are dying there on a daily basis. i wonder why do not you say something somalis that are killed in kenya,ethipia ans south africa?

my heart goes to his family and relatives. from what i got from our local news he was a worker 4 for nbc there! i just wonder if african live means anything to these ppl...? we african became the sacrifical lambs in the arab world. please dont say shit happens! they didnt give a damn if nomad gets killed there!

Inaa Lilahi Wa Inaa Ilayhi Raajicuun. all our hearts and sympathy goes to his family an relatives.

Rudy i think any life lost is tragedy and both Somali or Iraqi death are Muslim deaths. The average Iraqi death is very high and most of us don’t feel bad about it we just caring our fellow country man who happen to be in a war situation. i also don’t think Iraqi people hate somalis, the opposite is true. do you think we are becoming like western people and only count our loss and dont give a damp to other peoples loss? look at the bright side he saved many lives and prevented another UN massacre in iraq.

best wishes

Zakariye   

s/alaykum

Well first yes my condolonces goes to his family,but we are missing the whole point. If every one of you are sincere about the death of innocent lives as you all expressed here sincerely,then just take a look, every day there are somalis dying inside Somalia and i never seen anoyone regret it or feel sorry for them, do we have to show emotions only when we see and watch a tv,is that what we are becoming tv addicts and respondants only.Just my observantce in here,but god bless each and every soul that dies every day whether they are iraqi's or somalis or any mulism.

a/salaam