Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

Somaliland opposition is livid with Riyaale’s trip to Jabbuuti

N.O.R.F   

Not sure what the purpose of the visit was but the opposition should not be throwing their hands in the air like that.

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

quote:Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Where is Northern to comment on this.
Africown, what does this visit have to do with his silly statement a few weeks ago only to come out with another statement the following week supporting Djabouti in the war with Eritrea? Why support Djabouti (a neighbour) in the war yet state the peace conference for Somalia (a neighbour) has nothing to do with him? Only goes to proove Riyaale is a dumb politician!

Ngonge, iska kay daa ninyow :D

Norf is the scary one. Nothing but Al Shabaab running Somalia would make him change his mind about Somaliland (and even then, Burco will have to take centre stage).

A 10 acre farm in the cultivatable south would also help ;)

Djibout iyo somaliland xuduud uma dhexeyo wadaaad isku dad isku isiri isku ummad aah isku fikrad dadka Reer somaliland badh ba dhalashada Djibouti na haysta and vica verca

Siidu noo sheegay Hon pres daahir rayaale

wxaaanu uu dhan wa iska siyaasad iyo fadhi ku diriir muj xassan ciise iyo faysal cali waraabe.wa mucaaraad they will say anything

AYOUB   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

North, is going no where adeer! In fact there is no where to go,
and no sane person would vote to isolate thier region if the rest of somali caravan moves on
....his hesitancy now is understandable and can easily be explained. It's the Oodweyne's, th Ayyoubs, and the Landers that wory me the most!

Go tell Djibouti's Omar Gelleh that! ;)

Originally posted by Al Burcaawi:

Why support Djabouti (a neighbour) in the war yet state the peace conference for Somalia (a neighbour) has nothing to do with him? Only goes to proove Riyaale is a dumb politician!

You're not making any sense here again.

Why should SL be involved in the Somalia peace conference? Explain this please.

^^Why not?

Why support Djabouti vs Eritrea a week later?

Surprise me,,,,,

Because its two different cases.

1. You believe the independence in SL correct? Why should SL get involved of Somalia's internal issues? Its a peace conference that is meant to bring the opposing factions and the TFG together in Somalia.

NGONGE   

^^Why not?

Surprise me,,,,,

North,

You're mixing your arguments here, saaxib. It has always been the policy of Somaliland to distance itself from anything to do with Somalia. That policy becomes even more apparent when it comes to Somali peace efforts. Remember, the rest of Somalia does not recognise Somaliland as a separate country. Therefore, for the president of Somaliland to comment, publicly encourage or get involved in any peace efforts regarding Somalia will only come across as a tacit acknowledgment of Somali sovereignty over Somaliland. Only if they would recognise him as a sovereign neighbour would he be able to make friendly announcements. Or, of course, if he were grilled by a journalist and asked direct questions.

The case of Djibouti is different. There are no crossed wires there and Riyaale is at liberty to make any number of comments or announcements regarding that country.

I don't think highly of the man (as you already know) but I think in the past year or two he played the politics game quite perfectly. In fact, he's been brilliant and left the opposition at home and Puntland (and Somalia) in his wake.

Give credit where credit is due waryaa. :D

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Xaaji_xundjuf:

Djibout iyo somaliland xuduud uma dhexeyo wadaaad isku dad isku isiri isku ummad aah isku fikrad dadka Reer somaliland badh ba dhalashada Djibouti na haysta and vica verca

Isqor bilaa liis meeshaanuu ku dhamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaday...Baabah la'isaga dhigay...Saanaa wax la isugu qoraa ama la'iska daayaa, waawareey!!!

Remember, the rest of Somalia does not recognise Somaliland as a separate country.

Last I remember (and correct me if I am wrong here), the rest of the World does not recognise Somaliland as a separate country, no? I am very behind with politics, I could be wrong here... icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

^^ That was not the point I was making and you know it. But, if it got you to reply anyway, I'm happy. icon_razz.gif

Som@li   

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

quote:Originally posted by Al Burcaawi:

^^Why not?

Surprise me,,,,,

Because its two different cases.

1. You believe the independence in SL correct? Why should SL get involved of Somalia's internal issues? Its a peace conference that is meant to bring the opposing factions and the TFG together in Somalia.
^What independence, Smell the coffee mate,North has a point here,SL to isolate themselves from rest Somalia,and think recognistion will come by ignoring their people,is bizare. The DJ conference should be held in Hargaisa.

RedSea   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^The irony in this is folks who are complaining about Riyaale's Jabbuuti trip were clapping for his summon to Addis!

Total lie. What did Siilaanyo say about Ethiopia's invovlement in Somalia?

go ahead tell us ninyow.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

quote:Originally posted by Al Burcaawi:

^^Why not?

Surprise me,,,,,

North,

You're mixing your arguments here, saaxib. It has always been the policy of Somaliland to distance itself from anything to do with Somalia. That policy becomes even more apparent when it comes to Somali peace efforts. Remember, the rest of Somalia does not recognise Somaliland as a separate country. Therefore, for the
president of Somaliland
to comment, publicly encourage or get involved in any peace efforts regarding Somalia will only come across as a tacit acknowledgment of Somali sovereignty over Somaliland. Only if they would recognise him as a sovereign neighbour would he be able to make friendly announcements. Or, of course, if he were grilled by a journalist and asked direct questions.

The case of Djibouti is different. There are no crossed wires there and Riyaale is at liberty to make any number of comments or announcements regarding that country.

I don't think highly of the man (as you already know) but I think in the past year or two he played the politics game quite perfectly. In fact, he's been brilliant and left the opposition at home and Puntland (and Somalia) in his wake.

Give credit where credit is due waryaa.
:D
Ngonge,

I disagree saxib.

Making a 'diplomatic' statement along the lines of "we hope the peace conference is fruitful for our 'neighbour'" etc etc will not be construed as unfavourable to SL's cause so long he refers to Somalia as a seperate entity. Now I'm not advocating for SL's involvement (they already are believe it or not) but a little respect in statements/comments when questioned by press wouldn't go a miss.