Sign in to follow this  
Mujahida

Islamic Rullings on Oral-Sex ?! What does ISLAM really say about it?

Mujahida   

AsalamaAlaykum Wrahmatulahi Wabarakatu

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

I have a question that perplexes my mind, and I want someone to clarify it for me. What is the Islamic stance on oral sex between the husband and his wife? Is there really a decisive evidence (to forbid it) ? I know that scholars maintain that the husband is allowed to enjoy his wife through any means of enjoyment except anal sex, for that is strictly forbidden. I really get confused about this matter. Some Scholars seem to reject it saying that(it is completely disgusting and does not conform to the pure taste and

decency of a Muslim personality)!!! Whereas other Respected Scholars like Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qarada and Abu Saud say that Oral sex is not forbidden in Islam as long as itis practiced between husband and wife. I'd like to know if there are any other brothers and sisters out there who feel the same way. There is no shyness to when it comes to increasing your islamic

knowledge! Thats why I posted this Thread for the concern of my own religion and seeking ALLAH'S teachings.

Some truthful replies would really be appreciated in how you feel about Ora-Sex concidering ISLAM as back-up.

Jezekelah Kheeran

asalama alaykum wrhmtullahi wbrktu

sister latifah I'm not scholar..I'm just sudent.

I ask my allah to give us a good knowledge.

as we know - hadith said -- That which is lawful is plain and that which is unlawful is plain and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah's sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh which, if it be whole, all the body is whole and which, if it be diseased, all of it is diseased. Truly it is the heart."

narrated by Bukhari and Muslim..

olso...This is one paragraph of one of muslim sis's book _Initiating and Upholding an Islamic Marriage_ (Dar al-Fikr 2000, available at www.furat.com) - Allah reward her - which I found needed revising. She writes (p. 156):

"In response to numerous inquiries on the topic of oral sex as it is practiced and understood in the West, the consensus among the sheikhs and traditional scholars is that it contravenes the adab (proper Islamic behavior) of an Islamic marriage, and is revolting to a sound human nature (fitra). When the actual details of oral sex have been described to them, they plainly say it is haram (unlawful)."

Mujahida   

sister latifah I'm not scholar..I'm just sudent.

I ask my allah to give us a good knowledge.

Ws Wr Wb MuslimSis, We're all students smile.gif ameen for the dua May Allah accept it from you. There is so much that is happening around us in todays CRAZY society. We need to know what our Religion says about certain things. Who knows we might be effected with the situation one day in our lives when we're married. We need to educate ourselves islamicly so that we can say NO to what's Haram and YES to what's Halal InshaAllah.

Thanx MuslimSis, so what do the others think or know about this?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

I was reading Sahih Bukhari and Ihya uloom adeen by Imam Ghazzali and Oral Sex is Halal.

There is a hadith in which the rasul (salallahu aliyhe wasilm) talked about that there is barakah in all that Allah has made Lawful for you.

I think inshallah, that its the Wisdom of Allah that he made it Halal for the Believers b/c had he prohibited and made sexual relations with spouses so strict (only anal sex and sex during a women's period are HARAM btwn spouses!), then many spouses would be tempted to commit Adultery.

You know, one day some brothers asked a shiekh about Oral Sex and whether it is permitted in Islam, I really didn't want to hear the response to this for fear that it might be Negative. Alhamdulillah, the Shiekh replied that it was Halal and that you should wash your mouth after Oral Sex.

Allah says in some ayats in the Quran that you shouldn't prohibit what Allah has made lawful to you.

So, I don't know about you, but inshallah me and my spouse will be very happy!!! ;)

Salaam when i was studying i remember asking my shiekh that same question and he said that it was not forbidden, the only thing is that one must not swallow the fluids. I would like to add, thewre are many scholars who pass fatwa because of their culture, thus we have a whole set of innovations in the deen. Muslim sis made it clear, "what is halaal is clear and what is haram is clear." and it is clear the only thing haram about sex is 1: Beastality 2: Homosexuality 3: Sexual intercourse during haidh or nifaas 4: Anal intercourse. and 5: Any contact whether by touch, sound, smell, hearing, tasting, between any two unmarried persons. Hence Oral Sex between a married couple doest not fit in any of the categories.

salam

good question let me say that im not well tooled to give u guys a concrete proof reason being that im not advanced when it comes to islam and sex but i do know that anal sex is a no no for oral sex have to say that its got to be haram cuz its perverse just like anal sex i recall a part where i was readin in the quran where perverssion is haram. perverssion... indecency...incest

its a shame that a islam caring brother like moi lacks much knowledge when it comes to my diin trust me dont get me wrong im one of those deeply attached to his religion yet who dont practice weird but on a daily basis i remind myself that i need to see the light.

one more thing please find it out for yourself by that i mean read the quran and books alike dont rely only on sheicks some do misslead and fall under the umbrella of hypocrites where they pretend to be scholars.and we all know god hates hypocrites

plus lets differentiate ourselves the "human" human means by the way "skilled one with abilities"from the the rest of animals im sure uve seen animals mating anything goes dogs even lick their on genitals therefore the human cannot behave like animals do, we are the thinking ones the one with brains by now u kinda have a clue of where im tryin to get at so to my view oral sex is xaram.

doesnt take a sheick to know...

salam caleikoom

Mujahida   

Yusufaddie and Khayr Thanx for sharing that with us. Jezekelah kheeran

Bashi, the pleasure is all mine and thank you smile.gif

Thought_Control

Ur entitled to your own opinion, but we should follow whats made lawful to us and avoid whats unlawful InshaAllah.

Originally posed by Thought_Control

one more thing please find it out for yourself by that i mean read the quran and books alike dont rely only on sheicks some do misslead and fall under the umbrella of hypocrites where they pretend to be scholars.and we all know god hates hypocrites

Here is the Quraan :

“Your wives are a tillage for you [to cultivate] [nisa’u-kum harthun l-kum]

so go to your tillage as you wish. [fa-’’tu hartha-kum anna shi’tum] Q 2:223.

Wa/salam sistas and brothas

salam

oh well i added my lil 2 cents to this like u said thats my opinion yes indeed it is but opinions cant be said with without stating it meaning having the means to back it up after all isnt it opinions that u want it to hear latheafa?

lateafa said..

Ur entitled to your own opinion, but we should follow whats made lawful to us and avoid whats unlawful InshaAllah.

lol never said not to fallow whats made lawfull and unlawful hey be my guess go right ahead no did i advice u to do a sin? h i shouldnt its haram for me to advice one to commit a sin so what u do its ur prerogative.... islam does not have to be xplicit in explaining to people details about sex...one have to use his logic to determine the lawfulls and unlawfulls whats proper sex and unproper what ok and whats beyond limits and besides if we werent in overseas western world would this be a question i dont think so.

yusufaddie..said a scholar said one must not swallow the fluids. lol whats the difference once shes got it in her mouth its in her mouth isint it? i think that scholar lied to u bro

salam

salam

oh well i added my lil 2 cents to this like u said thats my opinion yes indeed it is but opinions cant be said with without stating it meaning having the means to back it up after all isnt it opinions that u want it to hear latheafa?

lateafa said..

lol never said not to fallow whats made lawfull and unlawful hey be my guess go right ahead no did i advice u to do a sin? h i shouldnt its haram for me to advice one to commit a sin so what u do its ur prerogative.... islam does not have to be xplicit in explaining to people details about sex...one have to use his logic to determine the lawfulls and unlawfulls whats proper sex and unproper what ok and whats beyond limits and besides if we werent in overseas western world would this be a question i dont think so.

yusufaddie..said a scholar said one must not swallow the fluids. lol whats the difference once shes got it in her mouth its in her mouth isint it? i think that scholar lied to u bro

salam

Asalaamu'alaykum...wr...wb

very intersting topic...

http://islamicity.com/qa/

great site, and u should answer ur questions insha'allah, along with any other q's related or none related.

let me know wat y'all think about the verdic insha'allah redface.gif lol.

wa alaykum salaam...

shyhem   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Salaamz,

I You know, one day some brothers asked a shiekh about Oral Sex and whether it is permitted in Islam, I really didn't want to hear the response to this for fear that it might be Negative. Alhamdulillah, the Shiekh replied that it was Halal and that you should wash your mouth after Oral Sex.

Lol@khayr i guess there is many of us scared to hear the truth.

I don't know what the religion says specificaly, but i think oral sex is a disgusting thing to do.Ever since my friend told me his female doctor instructed him to avoid oral sex coz he might end up with lung disease by going down for any woman,i have been trying my best to disregard it as a means to please my girl.I believe there's plenty of other things one can do to get an orgasm.This licking thing ain't clicking with me ;)

Originally posted by Shyhem: This licking thing ain't clicking with me.

LOOOOL. To be honest with you, I dont think it is haram to have oral sex with your wife/husband as long as both of you practice cleansiness.

I for one is not married yet and nor have I come across such expeditions but inshallah we will wait and see when I get married.

Walal LATEFHA, here is a website that will give you answers to alot of questions regarding oral pleasure and other issues.

http://www.crescentlife.com/family%20matters/faq_sex_education.htm

Rokko   

Don't ya all think you are corrupting young nomads who have never had this kind of culture namean?

We are different, whether it is haram or halaal, let us not practice this degrading, nasty thing.

Ab iyo Awoow umaan lihi waxan ... Dhaqana uma lihin. Remember, how the Prophet (PBUH) said he would prefer not to eat ABEESO because it is not something in his DHAQAN, even though it was not XARAAM to eat Abeeso namean?

Respect your culture atleast. Have some self-esteem also. To perform that for anybody is just very low regardless of marriage. If your partner cares about ya enough, they would never ask for it. Just remember that.

Also, if it not part of the SUNNAH, why are we trying to make case for this?

Weird.