Sign in to follow this  
Thankful

Abdullahi Yusuf involved in the problems facing Puntland and wants to return????

Thankful   

Garoweonline

Xog: C/lahi Yusuf oo fara galin siyasadeed ku haya PL

15 May 15, 2010 - 4:27:50 AM

Warar shabakada Garowe Online ka heshay ilo lagu kalsoon yahay ayaa daaha ka qaadaya in Madaxweynihii hore ee DFKMG ah Md. Cabdulahi Yusuf uu waayadan dambe aad ugu mashquulsanaa sidii faragalin rasmi ah ugu sameyn lahaa arrimaha gudaha ee Puntland.

Md.Yusuf ayaa tan iyo intii uu iska casiley xilka Madaxweynaha DF ah waxaa uu ku noola dalka Yamen halkaasoo laga siiyey magangalyo siyaasdeed kadib markii beesha caalamka oo QM hurmuud u tahay iyo urur goboleedyada Afrika [iGAD & AU] isku raaceen inuu ka baxo siyaasada Somalia dibadana ka joogo.

Laakiin warar la hubo oo aan ka heley Sanca, xarunta wadanka Yaman ayaa xusaya in Mud. Cabdulaahi Yusuf uu ku jiro olole wayn kasoo salka ku haya sidii maamulka ka arrimiya Puntland shacabka ugaga hor imaan lahaayeen.

Dhinaca kale magaloyinka waaweyn ee Puntland ayaa waxaa caan ka ah hadal haynta xiriirada tooska ah ee Cabdulahi Yusuf la soo sameeyo dad siyaasiyiin ah iyo askar waddanka gudihiisa ku nool kuwaasoo uu ka codsanayo in ay gudaha dalka ku casumaan.

Dhaq-dhaqaaqan siyaasdeed ee Mud. Yusuf ku jiro ayaa mar aan wax ka waydiiney dad wax ka og shuruucda caalmiga ayaa sheegaya inuu wax u dhimayo heshiiskii beesha caalamku la gashay wadanka Yamen kaasoo xusayey in Madaxweynaha hore faraha uu kala baxo siyaasada Somaliya.

Wararka aan ka heley dad Cabdulahi Yusuf xiriiro lasoo sameeyey ayuu ku yiri waxaan rabaa in aan Puntland dib ugu soo noqdo “si uu u badbaadiyo.”

Dhowaan ayey aheyd markii xubno sheegtey Issimo reer Puntland ah qoraal ay ku eedeynayaan Xukuumada Dr. Farole ka baahiyeen Idaacadaha caalamka iyadoo talaabadan rumeysan yihiin saraakiil badan oo ka tirsan maamulka Puntland in Cabdulahi Yusuf lug ku leeyahay.

Xukumadda Puntland iminka ka arrimisa ayaa ku guuleysatey intii ay talada haysay dib dhiska dhaqaalaha islamarkaana bixisa mushaharka dhamaan howlwadenada dowladda [Ciidamo & Shaqaale] islamarkaana keentey in Puntland magac ku yeelato beesha caalamka.

GAROWE ONLINE

Thankful   

If this was any other site, I wouldnt pay it much mind. But we all know who owns Garoweonline and there is a reason why this was posted on it.

I am hearing President Faroole is really pissed at that the letter that a group of Issim's had written a week ago.

Again, the fact that this is Garoweonline makes this a very big story!

^

Well regardless of the quality of the churlish editorial spin Garoweonline has proffered on this issue; do you know, for a fact, IF this news is true?

I Personally think the former President is too old to be bothered with the infernal political machinations of Puntland, or for that matter, any other land of Somalia.

I was shocked, I thought he is the george washington of Puntland, you know a founding father, because I saw how most puntlanders - I personally knew- turned pro-ethiopian back in 2007, and implying that he is the only man that can save Somalia, only to be disenchanted by his resignation.

I guess I was wrong..

Thankful   

Mr. Somalia, I 100% don't believe it. It's another way of Garoweonline trying to direct blame at someone else. But the fact they would make such a blantant article actually suprises me. Abdullahi Yusuf is in Yemen and in retirement. Whenever Garoweonline is criticized, they attack the critics by saying they are working for people who want to destroy the government. Whether it is the ICG, UN or these Issim's.

The fact that it is Garowe Online has made it a topic of much discussion among the people I know.

Lol ina Faroole needs to stop picking fights with everyone. At this rate everyone will lose respect. It's a gaffe, and we shall not waste too much time on it.

The elders have shaken the confidance of he admin, and President Faroole does not want to pick fight with the old man least he losses.

Agreed, Faroole is becoming famous for making serious politcal misstatements. He should be very careful making non existant enemies and escapegoating others. He should do his joba and if it too hot to handle, he should just resign honorably.

Cowke   

I think their is clause in the agreement that abdullahi yusuf signed with igad and the u.n when he resigned from the president post. It said that he won't leave puntland but he will leave somalia politics.

That is why you see the old man come to puntland every now and then where-as you dont see the same case with abdiqasim salat or geedi or any of those guys!!!

As for this article of farole son, he just has huge chip on his shoulder, theirs even rumours that he was threatening osman diyano at bossaso when he went there!!!

Thankful   

Somalia: Abdullahi Yusuf accused of 'political interference in Puntland'

16 May 16, 2010 - 11:34:36 AM

Former Somali Transitional Federal Government (TFG) President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, who is currently living in Yemen, is actively involving himself in the internal politics of Somalia's State of Puntland, Garowe Online reports.

According to reliable sources in the Yemeni capital, Sana'a, ex-President Yusuf is engaged in an active campaign to "incite the Puntland public" against the current administration, under President Abdirahman Mohammed "Farole."

Sources close to the former TFG leader say that Mr. Yusuf has been "regular contact" with Puntland politicians and security officials. The sources say Mr. Yusuf has claimed that he wants to "save Puntland" but it was not immediately clear from what.

Mr. Abdullahi Yusuf, former president of Somalia

Mr. Yusuf, who is also Puntland's first elected president in 1998, was forced to resign under international pressure in December 2008 after being accused by the international community and regional governments of being an "obstacle to peace."

He had rejected the US-backed Djibouti Peace Process, which sought to expand the TFG by including Islamist opposition figures, including Sheikh Sharif Ahmed, the current TFG president.

Since his resignation, Mr. Yusuf has lived in Yemen after receiving political asylum under a United Nations arrangement that prohibits Mr. Yusuf from involvement in Somali politics, including Puntland.

Some analysts have suggested that reports of Mr. Yusuf's political interference in Puntland constitutes a "violation of the asylum agreement" endorsed by the U.N., the U.S., and regional bloc Inter-Governmental Authority on Development (IGAD).

It is not clear why the ailing former Somali leader is now campaigning to incite instability in Puntland, his native region in northern Somalia.

The democratically elected government of Puntland under President Farole is the first administration since 1998 to regularly pay government salaries, contributing to an improvement in public safety.

Puntland government officials have not commented publicly to reports of Mr. Yusuf's political interference.

GAROWE ONLINE