Sign in to follow this  
Rakim

Somaliland Versus Puntland

Rakim   

Salaam to all!

As you all know, there's very heated conflict between the two regions of Sool and SAnaag which both Somaliland and Puntland claimed. lately, Both sides are preparing a real war so if there's a war breaks out, who do you think will be victorious politically or military force!

I will start...first round, my vote is Draw... the second round..I will let you know later on..

Vote now..

Bachelor   

Honestly none of them will be victorious. I rather believe whoever started this mess, division and killing innocent ppl will have to answer a question in hereafter. Killing A HUMAN BEING for no apparrent reason is not only immoral but USNALAMIC TOO .

Baashi   

To put sundays unfortunate event in Las-Anod in prespective, here is an article that appeared Addis Tribune by David Shinn. David, a former U.S. Ambasador to Ethiopia, wrote a long article titled 'The little country that could' in it he said that in order Somaliland to advance its dream for statehood it has to deal with several problems...one of the them, he said, is "the Puntland problem" :

**********EDITED********.

One thing we should all notice about this event is its timing!

Col. Riyale, the SL president, has been campaining on the unity platform..that is..he can bring together *************EDITIED**********..once that is achieved the Puntland problem is decidedly solved...an important milestone for SL.

On the other hand, Col. Abdullahi Yussuf, the PL president, is in tight spot. He has internal opposition. He has signed a ceasefire treaty in Eldoret. He has to conform with Ethiopian blueprint and he has to show the world he is the formidable leader of*************EDITED******...thus it is no wonder Col. Riyale's visit to Sool is a direct threat to his standing.

In short, it comes down to tribal warfare...every stupid political move they both make is justified by clan politics.

Too long?..I know!

It is against the rules of Somalia Online to discuss Somali qabiils or even mention their name. It just brings all kinds of characters out here and before you know it, this thread is a hot spot for clan bashing and qabyaalad.

Administrator

I think every people have the right for self determination, so are the people of Sool & Sanaag. Isnt this what Somalilanders are asking for, to be free.It's ironic for Somaliland to compromise the freedom of other Somalis. What we've seen last weekend is an unparalleled fraud that backfired on its perpetuators! This game didnt succeed in 1895 and wont work in 2002. We're living in a new world, where big nations are forming Unions in order to survive.In post-modern world "Small and beautiful" is not true anymore .

My humble opinion is that in any political discourse the Somali unity should be overriding factor - we're all Somalis. Yet if for example a group of nomads want to break away, they should not and have no right to force others by whatever means available like bribing elders, deception and so on and so forth. This attempt to force people is undemocratic, uncivil and very dangerous adventurism, which can destroy the fragile peace in northern parts of our country.

David Shinn , I.M.Lewis and others like them, are nothing but a bunch of faggots.Period.Bottom line.

-------------------

Peace if possible, justice in any case!

IT is unbilevebl to broke out war aginast the nigherbohring countries Puntland and Somaliland. It seems the conflict is almost the same conflect Between Pakistan And India Fighting over (Kashmiir)But who will decided who ithink the sool and sun people can decided which side they want to be. and this is what i found when i visited one of the sites of the net

somali delegates have threatened to withdraw from the Eldoret peace talks if the international community fails to stop attacks by Somaliland troops on the Puntland State.

The over 500 participants, led by Puntland Vice-President, Mohamed Abdi Hashi and the State Minister for Peace and Religion, Awad Ahmed Ashareh, appealed to the international community to immediately call for a cease-fire or they pull out of the conference.

Reports indicate at least 30 people are feared dead and thousand others critically wounded in Las Anood city of Puntland State following fresh attacks by the Somali land invaders.

"It has been reported that Somali land President Dahir Riyale Kahim has ordered his troops to attack Puntland from the Sool region," said Hashi.

Addressing an International news conference at an Eldoret hotel at the weekend, the 20 factional leaders said they had called for a cease-fire in the entire Republic of Somalia following the signing of a peace accord in Eldoret on October 27 and could not understand why the cessation of hostilities has not been implemented by the international community.

"Instead of attending the ongoing Somalia national reconciliation conference in Eldoret, the Somali land administration have instead chosen to engage in acts of hostilities and provocation with its neighbouring regions, particularly with Punt land State," said Hash.

He further said Las Anode city was tense following the escalation of violence that may engulf the entire region and beyond.

"The administration of Punt land State urge the leadership of Somali-land to immediately withdraw its invading army units, otherwise it will have to shoulder responsibilities for the killing of Punt land people," said Ashareh.

looooooooooool caming up what the somalilanders woret. i will bring to you the lets news in every minute 24/7

Dhimbil   

Does it really matter who is victorious..?

R.I.P to those who lost their lives on this tragic event. This is not a laughing matter. redface.gif

I also agree this is no laughing matter...

And I don't know about a victorious side, because there is nothing to win other then killing and more mayhem.

But what I though was laughable on this page was seeing same one compare the situation of Somaliland and Puntland to Kashmir. Com'on, lets be realistic here we all know the difference between Somaliland and Puntland is their respective Clans, which makes their issue only unique to Somali.

:mad: This conversation demoralizes and disgusts me...after 12yrs on we are still talking about spilling more blood of innocent Somalis. What kind of race or people are we? Savages? UUUFFF I bet monkeys got better brains than we do! At least they don’t get electric shocked twice! How long can this nonsense go on, another 12yrs, 24yrs, 36yrs? F*** (excuse my language) I was planning on retiring there :confused: SHAME on all of you who are actually fanaticizing of the prospect of more bloodshed. Instead of predicting which side will win, you should be infuriated that this Ignorance, JAAHILIYA, and JAHANAMA on EARTH is spreading. I swear to God, we are cursed! What did we do to deserve this? Its time for reflection, and reckoning nomads! Please do anything in your power to take back our beautiful land from these savages that hijack it. For the of sake our dignity and for the sake of our children. Peace

Rakim You dont have to post topics like this. Please stop spreading haterred and Qabiilism. It is no good for sanaag and nugaal people. Mugadisho is still burning, therefore please praise peace and never announce war trophies to society that has already lost millions of their people.

Please dont make Somali mothers lose more of her sons and also dont let her daughters rapped and widowed.

Thank you

Peace, Peace, it is not difficult to create nor it is harmful.

NinBrown   

Rakim I don think there is heated conflict btw these two regions, and its futile for people to argue and make stories. The people of Sool&Sanaag have right to self determination.

And iam taking bets on the fact THAT there will be WAR.. for several reasons

1)the peple of the regions are not bothered

2)too much ivesment in Hargeysa & Bosaso so business men not interested

3)both regions are preoccupied withe other events