Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Somali Pirates Seize Somaliland Aid Trucks

Qudhac   

cowke

trucks belonging to puntland business men can just as easily be rounded up, remember that.

if you believe holding few trucks thats somaliland will release give in to these criminals then you will be waiting very long time.

remember somalidu wey is yaqaanaan cidii wax geysataa waa la yaqaanaa sida reerkooda loo helo.

plus if push comes to shove somaliland has the millitary to hurt puntland and i doubt puntland wants to escalate things.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Qudhac:

cowke

trucks belonging to puntland business men can just as easily be rounded up, remember that.

if you believe holding few trucks thats somaliland will release give in to these criminals then you will be waiting very long time.

remember somalidu wey is yaqaanaan cidii wax geysataa waa la yaqaanaa sida reerkooda loo helo.

plus if push comes to shove somaliland has the millitary to hurt puntland and i doubt puntland wants to escalate things.

I think that, they will definitely 100% give in, you'll see. Or they wont see those men again. It's a sad thing, but that's how Somalia works. I dont agree with it, but pretty soon, the families of the men kidnapped in Puntland will pressure Riyaale.

NW Somalia's army is of no concern to Puntland. Dont think this is Habsaade switching sides!

I knew that when Riyaale sentenced alleged pirates after just 1 week.....I mean how can a trial last that long, when some of the men say they are not guilty?

Cowke   

Riyale is operating a child smuggling network in burco. They are attempting to steal somali kids and give it to overseas customers. After they ran out of supplies in burco to give, they turned their focus on puntland. But dharbaxo kulul bay la kulmeen. It's Quite Simple!!! Think about it. Why would they steal the kid from bendar beyla and take her to burco if their isn't a customer base there?

As for the pirates. Lol!!! Riyale is not our focus, he is not recognized and not a threat. Our Goals are Hamar, that is where things are decided PERMANATELY FOR ALL SOMALIA!!! And so far we are doing good job!!! Those snm rats will be permanately under our feet. Whilst temporarily they can take cheap shots at us BUT IT WONT LAST UNRECOGNIZED PPL

Haatu   

Bl**dy hell. When are these childish clan wars going to end? Act like men and stop taking innocent people into custody just to score some cheap points. If you want to fight, FIGHT in the open desert. We are all getting very tired with all of this.

Ibtisam   

It is not the pirates, the area that the trucks have been taken has been for the last few years rediscovering "biliiqo" again from the pre war Somalia where clans use to steal camels. Only this time it is trucks and a few Burco truck owners/drivers have lost their life or their truck taken from them.

I am really glad this has happened at a large scale because it would force some sort of pre-war inter clan agreement between the clans to protect the traders/business men. In order for this to happen, I think the vast number of MJ traders in Burco should be held hostage, both their life and wealth, so that both sides have something to lose.

Ibti, actually Burco police is doing what you just advocated and are holding men and trucks hostage and it is worse when athorities act like bandits. The hostages in Puntland are being held by the families of the jailed pirates and Puntland govt should try to free the men and their trucks.

Ibtisam   

People always like to make out that the pirates and puntland is different and have nothing to do with each other, to me it just that the father is in the government and the son is a pirate, they all go o the same home at night.

The pirates were jailed by Riyaal, so go and get Riyaal as hostage, maaxa Burco iyo private trucks keeney.

Burco has not done that just yet, the oodyaal are siding with the traders.

Originally posted by *Ibtisam:

The pirates were jailed by Riyaal, so go and get Riyaal as hostage, maaxa Burco iyo private trucks keeney.

Good reply. Pirates are keep getting mugged by Riyaale. That's why they complain about Riyaale all the time. Get Riyaale as a hostage and all this problem will be solved ;)

Ibtisam   

^^^Are you giving your president away? icon_razz.gif I don't care for him so I can say that, but you are shooting yourself in the foot.

What you should pick up on is that of the five trucks, one is owned by Reer LA. Imagine reer Puntiland are holding hostage one truck from LA because they got beef with Riyaal.

^^Why am I shooting myself on the foot? Riyaale is like a boogeyman figure to these pirates. Basically they assert that Riyaale is actually keeping us together. duke, and the other garowe boys are trying to convince us to turn against Riyaale. Once Riyaale steps down then the problems of SL starts..and they can't wait for that smile.gif

RedSea   

These trucks need to deliver this aid to Southern Somalia for the suffering masses ASAP. It seems that won't happen anytime soon. It's really sad that Puntland authority has proven irresponsible once again to even to ensure the security of AID trucks. Their populace have accepted roles that borderline tuugnimo. What is with those people? :confused:

Southern somalis used to be accused of '********imo' Puntland has seemingly embrace the role rather slowly.

Hold your horses guys ,,,,, there are good things going on now in that area.

the trucks will be handed over to Somaliland soon ...

RedSea   

^^^Those must b very small, because all we hear from that part of Somalia are things being jacked that do not belong to Puntland. This is ridiculous, it's gotta stop soon.

AYOUB   

Are we suppose to believe the hijackers came all the way from Garacad to Galkacyo and seized the trucks without the knowledge and blessing of the Pirateland's authorities? smile.gif