Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Amin Camir Spot On ...LOOOOL..!

Cara.   

Paragon, I usually check "today's active topics", then click on an interesting link. If I get enraged, disgusted, disillusioned or dismayed, I know I'm in the Politics section :D But sometimes a topic flies just below the radar and I respond before I realize I've stepped into the mire.

I think we'll just have to disagree on Amin @ you and Norf. I support Sharif too, but I think an annoying gadfly that caricatures him and any other Somali official is welcome and necessary.

Paragon   

^You know nothing beats the politics section. For me I can only post in the general section (women, rarely) at a given length of time, before I feel the mellow hue of gossipy mysteries surge and envelope me. That section is a proper rumour mill, which is in dire need of Putnian Kontora wire-taping, over-arched by a black-op KGB surveilance team. I dare frequent there now.

But here? Oh here, I am right at home. And it's all hot air. :D

On AA, I concur with you on having a satirical cartoon on the scene of Somali non-realpolitik. But AA has already done the damage before in relation to the good Sheikh - when he depicted the Sheikh as a donkey. If I am not mistaken even most of armchair political commentators thought that 'donkey' cartoon was uncalled for. AA paid Xaal, as the legend goes. Lol. Imagine paying 5 halaad for that? And you'd have thought he'd learn a lesson. Anyway since then many supporters (including Norf and Theiry, ahem smile.gif )of the president are a little on the sensitive side. smile.gif

N.O.R.F   

Cara, I'm not saying he is not needed but he needs to up his game from these predictable and most of all meaningless pieces.

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Juje:

Sxb dont take the fun out of the picture. No one is questioning here the status of Sheikh Sharif..ok.

Odeyga hada kadiib he should avoid using the AMISOM armed carriers.

Amin Camir qandho ku dishey walle odeyga wu la heley.
:D:D:D

Exactly.

North, the message in the cartoon is ^^^.

^And North says,it aint funny. What you find humourous,may not be for someone else.

Personally, I dont see the co relation. Especially this one in Turkey,as it is that, you dont see humvees in state ceremonies.

Goodir   

This cartoon is depicting the person instead of the political message thus appearing tasteless. Shariif should not apologize for riding a tanker in Moqdisho where lawless USC monkeys are rampaging through the city with machine guns every few minutes. A talented artist like Amir should find ways to depict the message rather than the messenger. May be it is an appeasement on Amir's part to certain group.

AYOUB   

^^ One does not have to find it funny. North said the cartoon did not carry "any messege" and was "meaningless". Not true. At home, Sh. Sharif and his guests are not allowed the luxurious reception he received in Turkey. That's why he was in Turkey after all, is it not?

Meiji   

Originally posted by Thierry.:

These are the side effects of freedom of speech,
many of the fine arts such as carefully calculated caricatures, songs and poems with double meanings are lost
, leaving us with lack lustre performance from modern artist.

Now compare AA to Saado Cali Land cruiser song

Thiery,

You have to take the context into consideration.

During the oppressive dictatorship of Siad Barre were basic freedoms were curtailed and people were fearfull of the abused apparatus of the NSS, artists had to be subtle in critizing the regime.

Since the collapse of the dictatorial regime, Somalis have regained their basic freedoms and can exercise their rights without fear.

Amin Arts is making use of his freedoms.

Somali media is making use of their press freedom.

I have nothing but respect for Amin Arts. His sketch of Sharif in Turkey is funny and reminds people of his shameful hiding in AMISOM armored cars in the capital city he says he is the president of.

Ofcourse, his drawings of the exremist lunatics of Alshabab is also accurate.

Cara.   

^Exactly. And his depictions of A. Yusuf irritated yet another cohort on here if I recall right.

The only I find offensive is the design of his website. The number of flashing ads would give an epileptic fits. He should set up a paypal account and ask for donations. It would be a different group of impulsive donors each week though :D

Originally posted by AYOUB:

^^ One does not have to find it funny. North said the cartoon did not carry "any messege" and was "meaningless". Not true. At home, Sh. Sharif and his guests are not allowed the luxurious reception he received in Turkey. That's why he was in Turkey after all, is it not?

Subject to interpretation. But,where does the humvee come in a state ceremony!?

^ where it comes into it is that, sh. sharif is so used to traveling in an armored personell carrier that he forgot he was not back home in Mogadishu and boarded the armoured personell carrier instead of the diplomatic limousine.

I myself don't find it funny, but an accurate representation of the current political climate.

Ammiin waa raggeedii, alwasy looking for dicaayad meelaan dicaayadabi ool. Laakiin u sheega haddaad taqqaanan, waa tii Dhoodaane, Orgi fuullayyaa iyo qabaal miig ka dhiganaaba, todobaadkan waa inaan samada aadnaayye'e

By any means permissible soomaali waa inay dawlad noqottaa

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

^ where it comes into it is that, sh. sharif is so used to traveling in an armored personell carrier that he forgot he was not back home in Mogadishu and boarded the armoured personell carrier instead of the diplomatic limousine.

I myself don't find it funny, but an accurate representation of the current political climate.

I get that part. When he is in mog,yes. But,not when he is a dignatary of a respected state. during presidential state ceremonies,no humvees are present. So,the setting is off. Funny,i will say half funny. relevent satirical cartoon;,not really.

this is useless anyway in my opinion.