Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Amin Camir Spot On ...LOOOOL..!

the message of his caricature is crystal-clear: the hypocrisy and cowardice of Shaykh Hotel for riding in the tanks of the enemy that has killed and destroyed thousands in the Mogadisho you profess to love and have pride in

Wazzup K'shafa. Hope you been ridin' high.

I am trying to understand your quote here, Which enemy's tank,that killed 1000s did the sharrif ride?

Originally posted by Geenyaale:

^Come on abti, you want to say Amison tanks didn't kill 1000s of innocent somalis or you saying Sheikh Sharif didn't ride them?

Which one is it Mr. Brawn?

L0L, I see it now..Sorry Dee

Johnny B   

Originally posted by Faarax-Brawn:

Wazzup K'shafa. Hope you been ridin' high.

I am trying to understand your quote here, Which enemy's tank,that killed 1000s did the sharrif ride?

You're committing same mistake that i made, namely, asking 'Kashka' to be consistent. ;)

Originally posted by Geenyaale:

^Come on abti, you want to say Amison tanks didn't kill 1000s of innocent somalis or you saying Sheikh Sharif didn't ride them?

Which one is it Mr. Brawn?

Hmmmmm, The first? no , the later, no,no, the first, yes, oooooh , do we've to choose?...

hmmmm, it IS the first that doesn't make to bedrock.

And yes I'd taken the opportunity to share the burden of choosing which of the unforgivable crimes of president Sheikh Sharif, namely, (1) having rid, and (2) having rid the 'wrong' armoured car.

Now, Assuming that one can differentiate Ethiopia from Uganda and their role in Somalia's misery, would a little consistency be much to ask? regarding the thousands of Somalis killed by the Ugandan Tanks,that is ?

No,oh no, i'm not gonna call you on weather the president ever sat a foot in a Ugandan Tank, that'd be bellow the belt.

You see dear Geenyaale, even poor lil Johnny could figure out which one it was about, but then, it was no a question you asked, you were just paying the noble rhetoric a long due visit and dummy us (me, Fb at el), we take you for someone who at least tries to be consistent...hmmm, hmm, are you? then please elaborate on the thousands of Somalis who are killed by the Ugandan Tanks and while on it dare you forget associating their filthy crimes and president's inherent love of riding Tanks.

Kashafa,

Abti, I'm not sure if AA is 'the best somali satirist ever', that is too long shot if not too general to have assessed it, but that he is a talented painter is indisputable, again, according to the grapevine.

What you,Juje and those who fail to see the distastefulness of the caricature (of course, after having laughed on the first encounter. i did ) is that the caricature implies constant hopelessness for Somalia and the Somalis in their most hopeful time in 20 years, be you for or against the Sharif's government, which is quite relative to that most comprehensive reality of the day, hence our dissatisfaction with Amin's lack of a better vision.

Kashafa   

Brawn, JB, Geenyaale,

You guys really want to pay the semantics game ? Ok. It's not a tank. Technically, it's a Stryker 8-wheel Drive Armored Combat vehicle.. Happy now ? And the Ugandans didn't kill thousands, they merely accidentally and benevolently terminated the cheap lives of approximately 853 Skinnys. Oh, maybe it was only 650. Or 343. Whatever, it was under a thousand. And it was accidental. When they fired their constant artiellry barrage targeting civillian neighborhoods, they didn't mean any harm. When they riddled the passenger bus with machine-gun fire killing 23 people(not a thousand, only 23.....23 only...peanuts), it was inadvertent. No biggie.

Anything else you want to nitpick on ? Perhaps commision a census to determine exactly how many skinnys the Ugandans killed ?

Lol, neither semantics nor nitpicking will save you, gentlemen. I suggest you purchase another macawiis for the sake of your argument.

Fact: Sharif routinely rides in and is protected by the armoured fighting vehicles of an mercenary army that has the blood of thousands of Somalis on it's hands. There is no distinction whatsoever between a Ethiopian tank and a Ugandan armoured vehicle when both were shelling the shit out of Mogadisho in March and April of 2007. If some of you have weak memories and even weaker consciences......... .some of us remember the genocide carried out by the Ethiopians and Ugandans in spring of 2007. Amin Arts cartoon is directlty based on that narrative and those facts. In the spring of 2007, Shaykh Hotel was giving interview left and right decrying, bemoaning, and condemning the gencoide carried out by the Ugandans. Fast-forward to the spring of 2009: The Ugandans have become his private bodyguards. 2 years, 180 degree flip. But no, it's not hypocrisy or cowardice......it's merely diplomacy smile.gif:D

I get it. You don't like the cartoon because it ruthlessly destroys the image of a man who's supposed to be the new Saviour(after Nur Cadde the Humanitarian and Gheedi the Academic). But abtiyaal, say so directly. Don't nitpick about technicalities. Ugandans are not equal to Ethiopians kulahaa. Yeah, find another sooq to sell that one. Take ur Swedish behind to Mogadisho and ask it's inhabitants whether they see any difference between one Gaal-madow and another Gaal-madow(am i racist now ?) oo dhulka soomaliyeed xoog ku soo galay.

You can do better, abtiyaal. Up ur game. I am very disappointed.

^

You guys really want to pay the semantics game ? Ok. It's not a tank. Technically, it's a Stryker 8-wheel Drive Armored Combat vehicle.. Happy now ? And the Ugandans didn't kill thousands, they merely accidentally and benevolently terminated the cheap lives of approximately 853 Skinnys. Oh, maybe it was only 650. Or 343. Whatever, it was under a thousand. And it was accidental. When they fired their constant artiellry barrage targeting civillian neighborhoods, they didn't mean any harm. When they riddled the passenger bus with machine-gun fire killing 23 people(not a thousand, only 23.....23 only...peanuts), it was inadvertent. No biggie

Fair enough. 1 Somali killed i think is good a reason to condemn the president use of an armoured vehicle to protect himself.

Since i condemn the president,i think it is also fair to condemn Al-Shabaab & those that bomb innocent Somalis. Fair is fair.

Kashafa   

^^ Name me one time Shabaab intentionally bombed innocent civillians.

Just one instance, abti. Equating a man fighting for his deen, dad, dal to the occupying Gaal Madow enemy(financed by Gaal Cad) is like equating the Palestinian resistance to Israeli war machine. Personally, I think suicide bombing is wrong. Will I condemn the Palestinian use of it ? HECK NO. Why ? Because I don't live in the hell they live in, which gives me no right to prattle and preach like a f'ing academic.

About the mistakes and excesses of the Resistance, I will be the first to admit they are flawed(in some areas woefully so). There were a handful of cases where some members of the Resistance took advantage of their power and settled accounts with people they had issues with in the past. You know what happened to them ? They got executed in full view of the public.

That's what I call swift and strict justice.

Mistakes will be made, setbacks will occur, abuse of power will happen. That is the nature of any human endeavour no matter how noble......but the enshrined eternal principles of Deen-ul-Islam that inform and guide this blessed Halgan will always be sacrosanct and above any mere personality....be it Abu Mansoor, Shaykh Aweys, or Shaykh Turki.

Princples and a clear vision for the future are runnin' the show in Somalia, abti. No shortcuts, no compromises, no capitulation. We're not that far apart, we just need to iron out a few kinks in our respective viewpoints.

RedSea   

Originally posted by Thierry.:

Tasteless picture but nevertheless comes with the territory of being the most powerful man in the Horn of Africa,

huh! Are you ok there man. :D

The cartoon is funny and it accurately depicts the reality of Somalia today, where the President is not save in the capital. The President, though, news new PR team to keep some of these pictures off the somali tabliods.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Norf 2:

AA is a one trick pony. If he wants to involve himself in commenting on today's political landscape and the individuals therein, it is incumbent on him to deliver something other than a repetitive and somewhat tedious line highlighting what is already quite obvious to most.

At the moment it’s like hearing the same jokes from the same comedian at every opportunity afforded to him.

That's the WHOLE point, saaxib. He is telling you the same joke in a different way. What exactly where you expecting from a guy that paints 'funny' pictures?

Come on guys, you are making yourselves look very obtuse with these pointless protests of yours. AA is VERY spot on here. Note the choice of words here and work out the meaning. SPOT ON (now ask yourself, spot on with what?).

AYOUB   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

Now, Assuming that one can differentiate Ethiopia from Uganda and their role in Somalia's misery, would a little consistency be much to ask?

Sh. Sharif can answer that. smile.gif

As for Amir having a clannish axe to grind, well, he is classified in the .5 portion of the 4.5 government headed by Sh. Sharif. smile.gif

More from the archives...

muq11.jpg

2006 with Francois Fall

What's changed to make Sh. Sharif not feel safe in 2009 Mogadishu?