Sign in to follow this  
Juje

Amin Camir Spot On ...LOOOOL..!

Thierry.   

lol come on saxiib dont compare me to that crazy chap :D , this was just a polite reminder to good old Jb who used the picture in another thread

Come on Thierry, that is the problem with all of you supporters. It takes few months before you fall down again (not wishing though) coz u over see the reality ........

As u said, we will reassess this in a short time period .......

I don't think the one who has not even bodyguards is the most powerful in the horn of Africa .. .. get down to the reality so that you can bring the "nation" back ..

Thierry.   

JB the question can be reversed back to, you have sought independence for the last 18 years what makes 2009 any different. For me it is really simple the president unlike previous leaders is sincerely on a peaceful path and I am not sure (although early signs show he is succeeding) but I hope his will be the government that builds the foundation for the Republic of Somalia.

Ducaysane

Dr Mohamed Warsame Ali "Kiimiko" is the President of Galmudug State of a vast region in central Somalia, the man is a big dog in south and central regions.

N.O.R.F   

My opinion of AA has changed. The man doesn't seem to have a message any more. Its become a little tedious of late.

N.O.R.F   

Like what?

All he does is highlight the obvious with a little Somali humour thrown in.

Take this cartoon for example, why does he not use more of a positive message? He just wants to show negative things.

N.O.R.F   

I don't go to his website that much but you would expect that after the Ethios left and a man widely supported comes to power he would start painting a rosier picture, with few black roses in the frame yes but a rosier picture.

How do u know if you don't go to his website ?? ,, don't tell me you judge from what SOL member post here .......

come on .........

Cara.   

Norf, I think you ask a fair question, but we must remember that Amir is a political satirist. Painting rosy pictures is not in their job description, and shouldn't be. Instead, a political satirist's job is to highlight the sometimes unspoken truths of the disgusting process of governing a nation. And you know it's truth because it angers the supporters of whoever he pokes fun at, as well as those who are naturally given to repressive thoughts :D

I have not seen a political cartoon by him that was not spot-on.

Paragon   

^So, you come to this end at times, eh?

BTW the said cartoon could be read as anything but being spot on. It's not political satire, it's pure the addiction to the echoing applause of an agreeable audience, sprinkled with an attentive delirium bordering on immaturity. Nothing else to it. Let AA start his caricatures from even some (One tenth of a half) truth, which will put him a topical border of some sort, but he isn't! He's stray-shooting at non-existing kibilaay! And that takes the joke away from him (the artist) and unto him (the uncouth), like injir tiyaar taaganoo lagu istaagey.

OK, I'll admit it, I'm just taking the micky here. AA has his moments though he lacks a sense of suitability at times - on some topics. But other than than he is OK. He's far from his Siyadist Nacamle days, painting to please. At least he can paint the Sharif without any danger, right? :D Ah, our Somalia!

PS: I support the government of Somalia - this one all others to come.

N.O.R.F   

BTW the said cartoon could be read as anything but being spot on. It's not political satire, it's pure the addiction to the echoing applause of an agreeable audience, sprinkled with an attentive delirium bordering on immaturity. Nothing else to it. Let AA start his caricatures from even some (One tenth of a half) truth, which will put him a topical border of some sort, but he isn't! He's stray-shooting at non-existing kibilaay! And that takes the joke away from him (the artist) and unto him (the uncouth), like injir tiyaar taaganoo lagu istaagey.

Well said.

Cara,

AA is struggling with a sense of purpose at the moment. His cartoons are getting tedious by the day (or at least those I see posted on here).