Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

President Rayaale's Speech at Chatham House + Photos

Sophist   

Would her majesty's government peril her interest in the ME by recognising a dusty outpost in the horn? Does the America/Britain's interest in SL outweigh that of Egypt and Saudi Arabia?

I think SL people are knocking the wrong doors here- they need to make their way to Cairo and Riyadh if they are serious about this goosasho!

About the trip: According to well placed sources, Riyal's government was told that although her majestys government sympathises with the cause, it will not recognise this goosasho. Instead, her majesty's gov adviced the visitors to pursue two state federal system along the colonial boundaries!.

Sophist

Sophist, pursuing it is the problem. Yours is nevetheless a much sounder advice than Oodweyne's madax darbi ku garaac approach.

ila kun sagaal boqol sagaashan iyo siddeedii Oodweyne wuxuu nalahaa her majesty baa dhegtaa wax iigu sheegtay. Markaan xasuusiyey ninkale oo isna dhegta wax loogu sheegi jirey oo goboladaa mar kasoo baxay oo sidii ku dhintay inuu jireyna waakaa furka nagu tuuray :D

Originally posted by Sophist:

Would her majesty's government peril her interest in the ME by recognising a dusty outpost in the horn? Does the America/Britain's interest in SL outweigh that of Egypt and Saudi Arabia?

I think SL people are knocking the wrong doors here- they need to make their way to Cairo and Riyadh if they are serious about this goosasho!

About the trip: According to well placed sources, Riyal's government was told that although her majestys government sympathises with the cause, it will not recognise this goosasho. Instead, her majesty's gov adviced the visitors to pursue two state federal system along the colonial boundaries!.

Sophist

Sister, you couldn't be more wrong. The only way they need to make is the one toward south. They need to start convincing their bros and sis in SSC and then rest of Somalia that two states is the only solution. I doubt they will do that.

Sidestepping most important part of this issue and concentrating on foreign powers is senseless and dangerous. If those powers recognise Somaliland without the mutual agreement of the Somalis, I can only see things spiralling into the worse and Somali people falling deeper in the dark hole we are already in.

^^Oodka,

In a word, you are repeating and saying the things that you have been saying last 18 years. Nothing has changed other than the inconsequential event of the city of Las Anod changing hands as it did before, which you, to your credit, composed many celebratory songs. You are starring at two insurmountable barriers as you have before, first one being the legal impediment as far as the outside world is concern, and the second one being the unfavorable clan composition Somaliland’s political polity is constructed up on, which foreshadows the eventuality you so determinedly seek.

Talk to us when you overcome these two problems awoowe, haddii kale sidii Ina Igare ku faan wiil cad baa ii khudbeeyey.

Simplel, is it not?

Originally posted by Sophist:

Sophist

You would've supported that wouldn't you Sophist? smile.gif

Her Majesty's government doesn't have to come out and recognise Somaliland but what it can do is to support the cause by other means and that is how things will go about.

NGONGE   

If I were not a Somalilander I would be worried about Riyaale's meeting with the British Foreign Secretary! I mean, come now people! He has not met some low level foreign office persons but the top guy himself.

In world diplomacy and political etiquette, her majesty's foreign secretary does not meet up with any Tom, Dick or Dhahir that ruled faraway dusty lands. Now, protest all you like but this in itself is a recognition of sorts. If one needed to measure Somaliland's progress towards direct recognition, this would be a very good indicator.

Who will his Excellency president Riyaale meet next? Mr Brown? Mrs Clinton? Obama? Lizzy II?

I do not want to say it openly lest I bore you with dull repetition. But Somaliland did wixi ay shinbiroho samiiyan (no, not defecate from above). :D

This is the real thing, baby....

Oodweyne...You repackaged the same argument rather craftily. Indeed there is may ways to skin cat, but there is just one goal that's any consequence to the entity you called Somaliland. Today you are not closer to that goal than you were when SNM rode into northern Somali towns. And no amount of "understanding" (something incredibly incomprehensible to reer Walanweyn) between Britian and legaly non-existing state is gonna make your goal anymore feasible, than let's it was 18 yrs ago.

NGONGE.. This is the real thing, baby....

Should I quote on that mate?

Gabbal   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

If I were not a Somalilander I would be worried about Riyaale's meeting with the
British Foreign Secretary
! I mean, come now people! He has not met some low level foreign office persons but the top guy himself.

My theory is the British government decided enough is enough and strategized if the Somaliland group hears from the top guy himself what they have been hearing from every guy below him, maybe they can finally let up this hopeless cause and have no choice but to start looking towards Mogadishu again as the solution.

When you take into consideration the governmnt's position as highlight by Lord Mulloch and Sophist's source along with the reality in Somalia today with a government in Mogadishu and a political platform that is very much supported by the West, I am almost completely sure about this theory. The Europeans must have decided it is time for Somaliland to engage itself back into the equation. smile.gif

Gabbal   

Oodweyne, sell your wares to the ill-informed. We know each other and we both know you have no qualms about lying through your teeth to buy time. My only concern is why you continue to resist the pull of honesty and continue to partake in ego-boosting. War jiraaba cakaarahuu iman. ;)

Horn's theory is plausible.

Waraa Oodka, ha na cayn ninyahow. Marax aa tahay maxaa dhahaa.

Listen: waraaqihii anaa haysta waxaa rabtid sheeg, malagu fasaxaayyo. Waa joogee maahine, waligaaba qayli.

As for boolo xooftadaan aad waddid, adeer others have been very shrewd in their political calculus, and when the push comes to shove the legal trappings others have set up for you will be good enough to detain you for ever.

Let me put it this way:

ستعلم حين إنكشف الغبار

أفرس تحت رجلك أم حمار

NG please do the needful :D

Originally posted by Oodweyne:

Che,

Adeer, if you still think that things are as they were, say, a year ago, or even, a few weeks ago; then, I am afraid, we shall leave it there.

Let's leave there, and say pick it perhaps a year from now.

NGONGE....Alright then :D

NGONGE   

I don't mind Horn's theory. It is much better than the usual cantarbaqash. However, just like ours, it is a theory. So if you are happy to accept ours, we shall be happy to accept yours.

Guru,

Xiin woxo ku yedhi:

You'll find out when the dust settles

If what you're riding is a horse or a donkey...

(I think Sh. Hotel xitaa murnakiiso wax ka taray). :D

My theory is the British government decided enough is enough and strategized if the Somaliland group hears from the top guy himself what they have been hearing from every guy below him, maybe they can finally let up this hopeless cause and have no choice but to start looking towards Mogadishu again as the solution

From your logic, then it is plausible that the chief of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Mr. David Milliband will have no other option but to refer this case to his superiors hence the Prime Minister :D:D and the Prime Minister will refer it to the Queen loooooooool

There is still a long way to go isn't it, dear Horn? ;)