Sign in to follow this  
Taleexi

A Negotiated Settlement is the Only Way out for Somalia

Taleexi   

This editorial piece squares and analyzes the political impasse we, somalis, found ourselves in.. In my opinion it is worthy reading

......"For the last sixteen years, a period when Somalia lost the benefit of state protection and all service providing institutions, when unity and territorial integrity have been compromised, the nation's infrastructure has completely been gutted out to a bare minimum, and its pristine shores have been contaminated by unscrupulous European waste management companies; starvation, mayhem and disease have devastated entire sectors of its population. Somalia has been damaged to an irreparable degree. ..."

Ka daalaco tifaftirka HALKAN

Xaruuri   

Thanks Mr. Munsa Musa. Indeed it is an excellent and timely piece. It is true Somalia has been damaged and reduced to a non entity by its own sons and daughters. This generation will be remembered for what they did to Maandeeq.

Let us all hope as the piece states that the lunatics who populate the somali political scene would come to their senses and heed the call for stopping the conflict and resume the peace talks. The solution is clear and simple; War is not the answer and only thru negotiations will our nation be brought back from the abyss.

Xaruuri

Baashi   

Thoughtful and excellent piece. Incidentaly that's exactly the same line I have been preaching for quite sometimes now.

Waxaanse noqday nin aashuun ku adimaya. Yaa Allah sidii roon.

NGONGE   

A very good and sensible article. Sadly, neither of the warring parties is likely to be a ‘reader’ of that site.

Ps

I’m not very familiar with Somali news sites. Who does that site usually support? Surely they’re not as neutral as they sound here (not that I’m taking anything away from their noble and helpful message there).

Baashi   

Ngonge,

According to their editorials, they seem to be pro-TFG and pro-Somaliweyn. That's my reading. I could be wrong though.

Waaheen   

I also went back and read most of their 30+ editorials and came out with a diffrent conclusion than that of Baashi. To me Wardheernews can described as pro Somali (period). I can say they are a rare species among the Somali websites or the somali's in general for that matter. Eid Mubaarak and happy new year. In any case the editorial article is an exceelnet piece and I think the question was irrelevant to start with.

Waaheen

Castro   

Originally posted by Baashi:

According to their editorials, they seem to be pro-TFG and pro-Somaliweyn. That's my reading. I could be wrong though.

Can one be both pro TFG and pro Somaliweyn? They may be offended by the label pro TFG, awoowe.

So everyone is convinced a negotiated settlement is the only out? Onkodkaa baad roob mooden.

Diagonally opposed entities don't negotiate. They destroy each other.

I may be losing my senses but a long occupation of Ethiopia may be just what the doctor ordered. Provided, that is, it does not produce massive civilian deaths. To rise above primitive clan affiliations, Somalis must suffer a sustained, foreign and fairly brutal occupation. It may be we hate this today but one day, far, far into the future, may look back and thank Ethiopia. :(

Very few will be thanking the ICU and, specially, the TFG for this.

RedSea   

Peace can only be accomplished if the Ethiopian troops withdraw from somali territory,that is the only problem.The Islamic courts were more than willing to nogotiate with the so called TFG,however,I don't think there shall be any agreement as long as the Ethiopian have a single soldier operating within our territory.I rather die than accept a settlement with the Xabashis in our own country.

Xaruuri   

According to this editorial PM Meles Zenawi was quoted as saying he will crush the Islamic Courts in one or two weeks. May be his assessment is not that far off. The Islamists despite being the ones who started the war are falling apart in front of our eyes in few days of active fighting.

Probably they shpuld not have attacked Baydhabo and the TFG military camps.

Xaruuri