Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

The language of leadership.

^^calm down adeer, maan rag waa mudacyo caaradood :D, waa la is khilaafaa waligeed adeer. Laakin tani dhanbay u badatay...dhanka nabadda that is ya che.

NGONGE   

I listned to that last night. I got bored after ten minutes. :D

(no, it had nothing to do with my Somali).

I don't see how the divisions within this group serves anybody. It just complicates things farther, but I guess this is expected in Somali politics-old coalitions give way to new ones, same players with just diffirent shirts. Peace is impossible when groups change their political view at whip just to farther their own interests. I rather deal Roobow and co and the Ethios. Atleast, they both have one thing in mind and can keep their officers in line.

And honestly, I have said this before what could the TFG and Sharif deliver anyway. Violence is unabated as the real powers (Al-Shabaab and Tigrays) ain't interested in negoitating.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

I listned to that last night. I got bored after ten minutes.
:D

(no, it had nothing to do with my Somali).

There are countless adjectives and sifaat to describe Sharif's speach but boring could not possibily be one of them...

I blame your somali adeer. :D

edit: che, who said peace is an easy thing?

Baashi   

Of course Xiin is on the money. The case he had been advancing, peaceful resolution to Somali conflict as being the only vaiable path forward, is irrefutable.

No, Sherrif is not the best that could happen to Somalia. He has made numerous mistakes both in the policy front and at the tactical end. At issue is not whether Sherrif has three standard deviation points on the IQ Gaussian curve above and ahead the rest. No. Not at all.

At issue is getting Somalia out of the bottomless pit. Surely folks would agree it is a humongous and monumental task -- ending the conflict. Animosity between contesting folks are deep, emotions are high, and grievances whether legitimate or not are numerous. There is no easy way out. However, there are several options on the table. Fighting the other side tooth and nail is one of them. Sparing no effort to end the stalemate through dialogue and by extension stabilizing the country is another option. In his finite wisdom he saw the latter route as the more attractive option.

I have my theories why that is the case. One of my theories is that Sherrif, unlike Col. Aways, have no clannish agenda. In this regard, he does not care about the staying power of other clans in this seemingly never ending struggle for power and resources. He does not have a price (in the millions), and label as well hanging over his head. Col. Aways does. All he has in mind, I think, is getting Ethiopia out of Somali soil, “legitimizing” the org he heads as a legitimate opposition whose agenda is limited to domestic causes, and stopping the TFG on its tracks prior to 2009 when its token "mandate" is set to expire.

TFG has used terrorism card on its opposition successfully again and again. Ethiopia has made terrorism the central argument in its determination to install "friendly" regime in Mogadishu. Sherrif was getting advice from the Diaspora to move in quickly, give TFG a run for their money before the 2009, and position Asmra Alliance as a coalition between nationalists and "moderate" Islamists that is open for substantative dialogue with TFG.

Granted Djibouti conference has not borne fruits yet. It will never bear fruits so long malcontents refuse to see Ethiopian backs heading west. The reason is not that the agreement was bad for Somalia and its inhabitants. It is not as if Somalis will miss the frightening and deafening sound of the big guns. No. The fact remains that significant force on the ground and their allied leaders in Asmara are dead against it because they won’t have any neutral forces deployed until mutually agreed resolution is reached. Get thsi: they won’t negotiate either with anyone. Awoowe that does not make sense to me!

^^Baashi i hear loud and clear. If this fails and good Sharif said it can fail and we all know that it can fail, he wont be responsible for it. We would've liked every one to be onboard but that's not the reality of things..

I am still giving Sh Aweys the benefit of doubt for he is in a very tough position...remember he is in a dictator's hand. Till he comes out of that place i withhold judgement bro...

But his position could not be more wrong...

Rahima   

^ Which position is that Xiin?

And do you actually believe that Ethiopia will be out because of this supposed agreement?

Che, i feel you brother. I'm sick and tired of this flip flopping. The good sheikh needs to have a stance, this whole group if they are going to succeed need to stand firm on one thing. This changing with the wind thing is not going down well with me.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Baashi:

I have my theories why that is the case. One of my theories is that Sherrif, unlike Col. Aways, have no clannish agenda. In this regard, he does not care about the staying power of other clans in this seemingly never ending struggle for power and resources. He does not have a price (in the millions), and label as well hanging over his head. Col. Aways does.

So how does Aweys have a "clannish-agenda"? I would have thought that his position was always clear, even before the ICU: no to foreign troops- be they Ethiopian or other forces,ie UN!

Fabregas   

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

I am still giving Sh Aweys the benefit of doubt for he is in a very tough position...remember he is in a dictator's hand. Till he comes out of that place i withhold judgement bro...

I couldn't help reply to the misleading tales(like the one above) being spread about the old colonel these days. Apparently, he has taken his firm position because the man is on the terror list and Eritrea his holding him to ransom. Both are nonsensical tales, because we all know his position is ideological- the colonel is againast foreign troops that prop up Somali warlords, period( whether they are Xabashis or they come disguised as "peacekeepers"".)

Som@li   

I like that he admitted the mistake made in Khartoum conference, and wants not to repeat the same mistake. Sheriff is a good leader, but I dont think he has capacity to change things at hand.

US to Remove Aways from Anti-Terror list if He Joins the peace process

The American foreign secretary of Africa Jenda’I Frazer has urged the Islamist hardliner Sheikh Hassan Dahir Aways to join the peace process which is to finalize the longstanding problems in the horn of Africa Country Somalia which was ravaged by civil war for the past 18 good years.

Miss Jandai said that if Mr. Aways follows that way the U.S.A will automatically skip Mr. Aways from the terrorist list which he was earlier registered.

Jandai added that she has not recognized Mr. Aweys as the Chairman of the post he was appointed for him and said it is an apparent usurp.

Miss Jandai said that the merely opponents she so recognizes is the party which is now in the Djiboutian capital Djibouti.

“I personally believe that majority of the Somali population support the peace process in Djibouti, and I doubt what sort of stamina can dare to sabotage it” said Freizer.

I know those who are creating instability in Somalia are none other than the Al-Shabbas said Miss Freizer

Miss Jandai Freizer was giving an exclusive interview to the British Broadcasting Corporation, and said that the United States has not officially recognized the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia, but added that the U.S.A has collaboration with the Somali government.

“The Somali president Mr. Yussuf came to the United States and meet with the foreign sectretry of America Miss Condaleeza Rice, and on my side I have reached the southern town of Baidoa which is the current base of the Somali parliament” said Jandai:

Is that enough insentive to make the good Sh. Aways depart from Asmara and head to Djibouti? What is the problem if he gives this peace process a chance?

Rahima, my good sister, the position of not negotiating for peace is impractical and wrong given where we are today! And that is the position sheekh Xassan took. Despite Doctor Geeljire's protest, the good sheekh is macthuur cindii for the same reasons i cited.